Upgrades to enchanters for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Apr 4, 2019.

1. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

we keep getting nerfed regardless
    Lannin likes this.
  2. Lannin Elder

No group NET , no Aura timers , no buff consolidation , Tash adjusted , DPS adjusted , JC for everyone , Charm adjusted , at this point I'm not really afraid of them nerfing what's left. I just wished our class could have gotten some quality of life adjustments. I just don't see how any of the first 3 things make our class nothing but better to play :confused:
  3. enclee Augur

You know what would be cool if Beguilers Synergy worked on Chromatic spells. It’d be a big upgrade for minimal effort.
    Kimbella and RPoo like this.
  4. Dovhesi Elder

Would also be nice if tash added damage to ice, fire, magic-based spells instead of just chromatic-based.
    enclee likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

but that's what Season's Wrath and Malo are for
    Lannin and Sancus like this.
  6. Dovhesi Elder

I'm moreso referring to the effect of our tash spell that adds 3005 dmg (for Proclamation of Tashan Rk. III in particular) to the damage the target takes from chromatic-based spells. Tash spell just adds a set amount of damage to the damage the target takes from each spell, it isn't an increase spell damage taken by such and such % like season's wrath and malo.

Take for example our Tashan's Lingering Cry AA, which increases the spell and DoT damage taken by such and such % (6 to 15% in particular for rank VI) regardless of whether its chromatic-based, magic, cold, fire, or whatever type spells (as long as the spell costs at least 10 mana). So it only makes sense to me that the 3005 damage add-on bonus from the tash spell should apply to the other damaging spell types other than just chromatic.
  7. Genusii Journeyman

The enchanter, for 17 years, was a class that could tank. Then, for 3 years, all non-dps abilities were reduced and dps was dramatically increased. Then, the dps was taken. From what I've learned, developers and the gaming community believe the enchanter has been appropriately adjusted. No longer a "tank" class, a "self -healing" class, nor a dps class, the enchanter's role is fixed and, currently, static.

The only time an enchanter needs to be played by a person is when crowd control is utilized. There are always some places that cc is a pleasant bonus; however, this makes up about 10% of the game and most groups will avoid these situations. Our dps is at the bottom of the totem pole. Every class is able to out dps an enchanter in a fight. This includes IoG, TC, MR aura, Fury aura, Ch, robe, and caclualted insanity running before engagement. There are no duel yielding mobs in the entire ToV expansion ( a wonderful silent nerf that has been implemented steadily over the last 5 expansions). If you charm, you can only do it in Ry'gorr or CC to get an NPC that can out dps a summoned pet (yes, including buffs). The state of the enchanter is represented perfectly by the following: charming a 115 giant in EW to have it do under 12k dps with haste, pet buff and ndt. Then use a lvl 111 summoned pet with haste, pet buff and ndt and watch it do 15k. As most classes have some method to pull single targets, or can handle 3 mobs at a time, crowd-control is rare and usually unnecessary. Only if the group enjoys having a full extended target window, the enchanter is not much help.

The enchanters are buff bots. Posts on these boards have said their purpose on most raids is for everyone else.

The gear in this game will do nothing for you. None of it is adps in nature (look at a shaman or bard chest piece to see what real adps gear looks like).

When you do anything better than any other class, you are considered OP and will be nerfed. It will not matter that you played with better skill, knowledge, or gear.

To all players that love this class, I am with you and I understand. The only way for enchanters to improve the game play is to pay for a gold membership until all your aa are completed. Then switch to a silver account. I guarantee no one on your raid force will notice any deterioration in your play because you are wearing T1 group gear and augs from TBM. After all, adps will take no hit, so the numbers for all other classes will remain the same.

The enchanter was a great class to play without dps. The "upgrades" this class needs are to return the mind coil mana regen, runes (yes, all of them) and innate stuns back to pre-nerf levels and usage. It will make us a tank again. So what? Tanks in this game do more dps, so it won't matter. Returning the enchanter back into the tank at least allows us to play.

One of the most prophetic posts I've ever read:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/classes.html?class=13&mid=1201361313254844780

Genusii
    115 buff - bot
    Lunacy Unbound
    Tunare
  8. Genusii Journeyman

9. enclee Augur

This class is most subject to content making it relevant or irrelevant. The expansions that tend to be great for enchanters are the ones that are largely despised by the wider population. It's so boring to be an enchanter now. So far all I have to look forward to is ToFS 2, where I can at least do some banes. We can do so many cool things, but they always get taken away.
    Lannin likes this.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

It's all in what you're looking to get out of the game and what kind of group you play in. The game is set up to not need every class to play it, and generally, that's a good thing.

I play group game with a mage friend, and we did everything minus a couple missions by ourselves. We duo everything with 2 healer mercs (or 1 healer/1 rogue merc) bc we don't box. I do use a summoned pet now instead of a charm pet which is totally sad to me.

Does anyone charm pets anymore or did they effectively kill this?

T1 and T2 raids are basically what I expected. I was happy to get to bane on TOFS 2 at least. You just gotta fudge the numbers a bit to make you feel better about your dps on raids these days. DoT anything and everything all the time.
  11. enclee Augur

If, I have to pull then I charm but generally I don’t anymore. The charmed pets don’t do enough damage compared to other players. A typical trash fight for my group in GD is around 15-20 seconds, and I only see charmed pets doing around 40k dps. So, basically it’s just 1 spell critical.

Suggestion:
    Also, I’d like to see Ideaological Appropriation have it’s based damage and base mana return increased, and switch the spell type to magic. Switching the spell type to magic would make use of our synergy line and actually make this spell useful. Also, add in an AA line to boost the mana return.

Should we get a consolidated list from this thread?
  12. Lockdown Elder

Wow. I just signed up for a free account, and after looking at AAs, I am seeing a lot of nerfs directed at Enchanters and I can only think that the only reason behind them is pure spite.
    1. The innate abilities in some of our illusions are gone, with the exception of levitation. Scaled Wolf no longer confers run speed, Fire Elemental damage shield is gone, the strength bonus of Werewolf (plus the other perks) and Earth Elemental are gone, etc. What in Heaven's name was so game-breaking about low level characters having a few nice perks to go with the illusions?
    2. The Animations have been nerfed to oblivion.
    3. The AA cost and level in which we are finally able to control our animations are gone.
    4. There are no more dual-wielding charmed pets, making Charm simply not worth the effort in groups. (I'm laughing raucously over the claim that charmed pets are too powerful.)
    5. Our illusion abilities have been farmed out.
    6. Project Illusion is gone.

I could add more, but I'm wondering when the Devs decided they hated us and became obsessed with punishing us, for whatever reason?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  13. Szilent Augur

I think pretty much all those are wrong.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

I started playing an enchanter in 2013, and it's been a pretty consistent theme the whole time. You just have to know how to adapt and overcome. We suck horribly now, and they have ruined the class... sorry that's my default statement. If you post anything positive about our abilities, you risk the nerf bat.
    Genusii and RPoo like this.
  15. RPoo Augur

Somebody really likes illusions. Too bad that's only like 1/100th of what we do.
  16. Lockdown Elder

And I think you haven't been playing the game very long.

Everything I said is accurate. Once upon a time, Illusion: Fire Elemental included a decent damage shield that stacked with Feedback. I used to enjoy projecting the illusion (another ability that's gone) on low level toons to assist them as they leveled up.

Once, when duoing through Old Seb, I found myself encumbered with all the Fine Steel loot. Illusion Werewolf to the rescue. The strength buff unencumbered me.

Scaled Wolf was came with a nice SoW buff. That's gone, too. For no reason other than spite. There is no harm, and a lot of usefulness in allowing low level Enchanters to benefit from this.

The animations now con light blue when I first got them. And they've been known to con green before I reached the level where I could get my next animation. Formerly, the Enchanter animation was the strongest pet after the big three: Necromancer, Beastlord and Magician. Now, seeing the Shammy pets which con better than my animation, I'm not so sure about that any more.

The AA that allowed us to control our Animations was known as Animation Empathy, three ranks for 4, 3, and 2 AAs respectively.

There are no more dual wielding charmed pet. Giving them weapons is now useless.

And yes, Project Illusion has been disabled.

And too bad you didn't read my post, since I mentioned Animations and Dual Wielding pets.

You have something against illusions that actually gave us some useful benefits? I'm sorry having your own SoW bothered you. Or strength and attack buffs.
  17. Szilent Augur

Companion's Discipline AA exists

pet /con is irrelevant to their power

Project Illusion is now the default behavior of illusions

Illusions of Imp, Air Elemental, Kedge, Bixie Drone, Flame & Flood Telmiras, Forest Fairy and Phantom Froglok all do levitation. Illusion: Butterfly does something called "Fly", I really don't know how that's different than Levitation.

Six different illusions do varyingly strong movement buffs, up to 50%

There are atk boosts, cold & fire & magic & disease resist boosts, a Charisma boost

You're right that str isn't on Werewolf, but the level 38 buff called Rampage was always much stronger (heh) anyhow, it's still there.
    RPoo likes this.
  18. RPoo Augur

I did read. I was simply trying to be nice and not point out all of the ways you were wrong. TY szilent for doing that. Nothing against illusions, I loved them when they were useful due to no other better available alternatives. I am quite fond of Night's Endless Terror in the present. You're just acting like a brat making a big deal about buffs that are like totally standard now. Could they make animations better tanks and DPS? Wouldn't hurt! Duel wield is cool too but it won't change much.
  19. Verily Tjark Augur

If you like charm pets, don't play in the latest expansion. Just stop at TBL, you will be much happier.
    Lockdown and RPoo like this.
  20. Lockdown Elder

Actually, he only proved that he didn't read the post. He inferred things I didn't say.
    Did Illusion: Fire Elemental have a damage shield, for instance? Yes. Is it gone now? Yes.
    Did Illusion: Scaled Wolf once have a SoW component? Yes. Is it gone now? Yes.
    Did Illusion: Werewolf once have a strength buff, plus attack buffs? Yes. Are they gone now? Yes.

And no, the low level illusions are still self-only. There is no default behavior of illusions making them projectable.

I didn't say there was no way to control our pets. Reread my original comment. I said that Animation Empathy is no longer available. The new AA has increased the number of ranks and AA cost. For what reason?

There was nothing wrong with the old AA.

I said our illusion abilities have been farmed out, and they have. For instance, permanent illusion.

And, no, pet /con is not irrelevant to their power. A given mob's power is the reason we have /con in the first place.