Upgrade to Grim Momento?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by redline, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cstoner187 Elder

The fact that you use straight damage augs in your bow and boon of the seeress tells me I would destroy you. But, to each their own.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Good while back when this came up Negreth himself did some testing on +arrow damge to overall damge. Turns out the extra damge from arrows is neglishable. Just something in the way the damge is coded or some such. He concluded that creating higher damage arrows for us would be a waste of time.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It is appropriate that you must really be a stoner as evident by your board name. Click my Magelo that updated like 10 days ago and tell me I use straight damage augs in my bow. I think you suffer from skim reading, sir. I will repeat myself. You're splitting hairs. The corruption proc on Boromus Belt and from Threads of Mana really is splitting hairs. Especially so on Burns. Parse it, actually parse it. I'll keep the utility of all that healing power during burns, tyvm. You. Can. Not. Crit. The. Belt. Procs. The damage from Seeress is able to crit. Ferocious Kicks is a proc off a kick - Boon of the Seeress effects it's damage. All Synergy procs are in fact procs that are effected by Boon of the Seeress. The deck is so laughably stacked against you on this "debate". But hey, again, too each their own. You go ahead and chose to play the way you want too. I'll play mine. I'll stick to what works for me and my guild - the guild that's a loot counsel not DKP that has stocked me fully in RoS raid gear because I'm one of the most consistent parses in my guild. Go ahead and say it's because the other dps aren't good. You'd also be wrong, yet again. No guild can be in the top 10 in RoS unless they can burn down the house.
  4. EnchFWO Augur

The Runed Belt of Boromas (which he referenced earlier) most certainly does crit. I'm not wanting to get in the middle of the rest but unless you were solely talking about Threads, how is this correct? Maybe I misunderstood what you were referring to?
  5. Brohg Augur

"I have loot therefore I'm both good and right"? - oh come ON, Jhenna
  6. Cstoner187 Elder

Yea, Jhenna has no idea what she is talking about. It most certainly does crit. But, you keep meleeing and thinking ferocious kick is better than bowing the entire time.. lmao. Fail after fail. I'm done here.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You're guild gives all your loot to just anyone not pulling their weight. Got it!
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I seem to recall it not ever critting when I parsing in BETA when I played with Threads of Mana. You're still incorrect on there being a parsable difference, no matter what you say. Pointing out the Fero kicks was just part of the "ultility" I mentioned. If you're not jumping into an opening of any event to use your Empowered Blades ability to melee in between bowing, you're doing it wrong. This is where Fero Kicks comes in to help. The damage is the same. You should consider loading GamParse.
  9. Brohg Augur

My guild reserves loot for people using the correct form of "your", and for those who don't think they're above learning because they get fancy stuff
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My grammar helps me do awesome deeps!
  11. Cicelee Augur

Ahhh the Everquest Veterans Lounge. Where a thread about a bow damage augment upgrade has turned to a guild loot distribution debate in conjunction with the correct spelling of "your" in the correct context.

O Forums how I love thee...
    Sheex and Warpeace like this.
  12. Tiggold Augur

We just need two posters to argue something completely unrelated to this thread or someone to point out grammatical errors in a sentence full of grammatical errors......
  13. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

For all intensive purposes, this is a mute point. Therefor the point is silent and don't ask me for a list of intensive purposes.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

curious how good Darkened Cone of the Mystics is for dps in primary? just intended for informational purposes
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Every day I thank Him for the gloriousness that is Forum Quest. It’s truly an egalitarian brotherhood, a way of life and a Faith all rolled into one ball of greatness. The entertainment is endless.
  16. Brohg Augur

Because it does anything, it's better than almost everything. Those so fortunate as to have one will use Darkened Trakanon's Tooth primary instead.
  17. segap Augur

This month's patch lacks enough nerfs to keep us otherwise occupied. The dev team should have known better. Leading up to test patch, we were getting arguments about the buff pile on Xegony. That was a sure sign we needed a good Mage nerf to keep us all occupied in the forums.
  18. Cicelee Augur

In order for magicians to be more in line with other DPS classes on raids, they should be given the ability to backstab like a rogue.

And..... go!
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's the highest Heroic Dex item for the main hand that I'm aware of (because of the type 5) to maximize what the bow is doing for damage and the mana return is useful for long events like Vault and Sathir Line. What you get back in mana over the course of most any event out weighs the lower base mana score of the item. Splash Back style nukes help the proc rate as well.
  20. Nekk Augur

While I am here, since this is in the Vet's lounge I will say I agree the Devs should have done the necro dot revamp a long time ago. We are far behind even tanks in the group game. In my other post in the caster forums, I posted a parse where the tank was mostly auto attacking the mobs and healing herself and I barely beat her.

In the raid game we are perfectly fine, however the only thing we're good at in the group game is soloing. That gets boring after a while and you cannot solo most progression or more than half the nameds in the expansion. Something needs to be done in the group game. A good idea was to add a swift portion to our regular dots which will not work on raid targets. Similar to how swifts already work. This would give us an improvement in the group game while not breaking the raid game.

Hopefully a dev will see this reply and say something here maybe. However my post in the class forum has over 10k views nearing 250 replies and not a single one from a dev. Can at least one of them say something about whether they are working on nec dot revamps or not please?
    Tiggold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.