Updates to the Vaniki Challenge Achievements and Rewards

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accendo, May 20, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

We received significant player feedback about the challenges on the Vaniki server. Much of the feedback was contradictory, but one main commonality was that there is a desire for more challenge points. We evaluated it and we agree. There should be more challenge points. We are currently discussing and evaluating where additional targets for challenge achievements should be.

We will announce these new targets as soon as we can.

Additionally, every character on the Vaniki server that reaches level 60 will now be rewarded one Vaniki illusion that they can claim on any character on any server on the same account, including Vaniki if you prefer. As a result, we are replacing the Vaniki Illusion from the Omens of War Riftseekers challenge with 4 of the primitive ornaments. This change will not show in the achievements at launch but will change before Omens of War and level 60 is available.
    Chikkin, minimind, Fhiele and 4 others like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good stuff.
  3. Ecko Elder

Would it be able to discuss with the team the possibility of upping the number of times you can claim the rewards per account. I think it would be nice to be able to claim the reward on Vaniki and also on another server, although wouldn't say no to more ;) Not expecting 999 claimable like some /claims but say 2-10 is reasonable in my opinion!
  4. Morrigan Bowjobs

Could you also look at modifying some of the other current rewards. Most of them seem to have little use for most players or are just boring (raid currency). Hard to go back to your server and show off this accomplishment with raid currency or a "low stat food".
    In my opinion, there should be more cosmetic rewards and have them related to the achievement so when someone sees them they know that it was from completing a certain accomplishment. Examples of these are illusions, mounts, titles, familiar/pet illusions, ornaments, etc.

Some examples of rewards could be: Cazic Thul - Amygdalan illusion, Fearless (title), dracholiche familiar. Cragbeast Queen - Cragbeast mount, baby Cragbeast familiar, etc.

I enjoy fun things that don't alter gameplay and show off your achievements. Raid currency while. Useful to some is the equivalent to a gift card for your best friend. Sure they can use it, but nothing fun to open or show off. Ports if they act like the heritage crate ports have a super long cool down and share cool downs with each other. Most are only really convenient while in that expansion. Such as WW port in Velious, but other than that no one really visits that zone. Again, can't really show it off for completing that achievement. The shadowstep item can be useful and fun as long as it's the SS that ports you forward and not a random location, is instant click, and no CD.

Please look into changing or adding more cosmetics (illusions, mounts, titles, pets, etc.)
    Chikkin and Ecko like this.
  5. Iyvy Augur

So do multiple lvl 60s = more than one claimable illusion?
  6. Smak Augur

I suggest that each challenge rewards you with 3 things, an illusion of the boss killed, a petamorph wand of the boss killed, and a mecenary contract of the boss killed. In addition to any other rewards.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That's how it reads, the same as other challenges. Complete on more than I char you get them again