Updated TLP Farming Guide! / future TLP TS guides?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Mar 3, 2017.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

I tossed a post about my new releases in the Veteran Forums but I wanted to mention this guide here as well, and so it can't be counted as spam (trying not to make your job hard RadarX! <3), I would also like to talk about updating my Tradeskill Guides here. Let's get this out of the way first... I have finally finished my TLP farming guides for every X-pac up until PoP where Phinigel is at now. Here's the link:

http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/farming/progression/

As for my Tradeskill Guides - the issue with updating guides for Phinigel is Lockjaw is months behind the server as is Ragefire. You may say "Well, you have characters on live, figure it out on them dummy!!" and I'd say you're right, however, it's a pain in the to do on live since all of the materials throughout all the X-pacs are available to you at once. It's a very time consuming process and according to my analytics my time is better spent on level or farming guides.

That aside, I have a lot of interest in updating my Tradeskill Guides and sectioning them off by X-pac like I do my farming and leveling guides. If anyone out there has information they don't mind sharing with me about what is worth making in PoP to raise tradeskills I will happily update my guides to reflect all of that. If not I won't be able to fix them until Lockjaw hits PoP.

Also I have been updating my website recently as you can see I have Disqus now, so if you find a mistake in one of my guides or you just wanna tell me how much better you are at doing something I wrote about, feel free to leave a comment below on any of my pages! P.S If you're a graphics designer I am currently looking for one.
    Gorgol the Ogre and Brumans like this.
  2. Bewts Augur

Thanks for the updates Almar. I'm sure plenty appreciate your work. I refer to your TS guides time to time myself, not so much the zone guides yet (as I know them well through PoP).

One suggestion may be to revisit GE and AC (particularly inner). These two zones provide excellent XP and farming options (both vendor and bazaar) for Luclin and PoP. They aren't overly complicated to figure out honestly.
  3. bodes Augur

Almar when can we get this guide?

[IMG]
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

So for Alchemy after you hit 244 on greater concentration pots you want to go to 300 with your choice (whatever is available to you/cheaper mats to buy, as they are drop only) of any of the Distillate of <whatever> IX or X potions. You make them all with either Deepwater Ink or Nodding Blue Lily (both dropped) + vendor mats.

Deepwater Ink options: http://www.eqtraders.com/search/reverse_recipe_search.php?item=6667&menustr=035000000000

Nodding Blue Lily options: http://www.eqtraders.com/search/reverse_recipe_search.php?item=7014&menustr=010000000000

There's other options too but these are worth using yourself or passing out to guildies/groups even if you never sell a single one.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  5. Lankie Augur

I find it odd you don't play a relevant TLP server if you want to make guides.
  6. Communist Puppy Augur

7. Illusory Augur

Nice Almar,

I like your guides, they tunnel unsuspecting victims to medicore camps while keeping the real cash spots a secret. ;)
    Old Man likes this.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

It's because on servers like Phinigel the best things to farm change weekly! My guides still cover the best things to farm, just on a server like Phinigel it's going to be completely different because the economy there is completely different.

Unless what you're saying is you've found a super niche like soloing hate minis during PoP time or selling PoJ Trial flags cause you box two characters. If I wrote about every single farming location I wouldn't even have time for myself!

You find it odd that I don't do something I don't enjoy to write the guides? I write the guides for free cause I like writing them! I'm not going to play on a different server and do something that isn't fun for me, would you?

I will look into Alchemy and Research tonight/tomorrow and see what info I can put together. Thank you a ton for the help <3
  9. CaptainSkeet Augur

Thanks for your work on these. I used them extensively for leveling up my trade skills. In fact I have started a page for my blog (though not published yet) designed as a supplement to your guide in Luclin era for a few cheaper and easier routes I have found. If you are interested I can send you what I have. Some of it relies on Velious stuff, as well as a mixture of Luclin. I have been taking a few notes as I work through PoP and check any tradeskill tagged items I find while in PoP. Found a few nice little easy items that can be gathered while XPing with 250+ trivials.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

Thank you Almar for the huge work you do for the community. I used your guides too as I restarted on TLP servers, and I went to 243 in Research using your guide.

The Research section for progression servers will need a huge update unfortunately because of the nerf and because of the skill cap you mention, we need to check if in PoP you can go over 243.

I was on hold for over two months, will restart playing in ten days. Once Ragefire will be in PoP, I'll try to help you out with infos on Research. Maybe people on Phinny can already provide you with some informations.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'd be very interested in what you have, feel free to send me a link to your work and I will look it over.

I think I am going to section off my tradeskill guides 'Classic - PoP' and then 'PoP - ???'. I'd also like to make a velious sub section for the Coldain Shawl but that will come last since it's very niche compared to an all around generalized Tradeskill Guide.

Truthfully, any info anyone can post or send me about what they did to raise their tradeskills in PoP to the new cap will be a great help. I usually test out a few different routes people send me and then combine the best parts of all of them with my own research.
  12. CaptainSkeet Augur

Heres a link to my blog page. Still working on the tradeskill section, but I added a few recipes so far.

https://skeetseq.wordpress.com/progression-tradeskills/
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

I book marked it, I am going to start working on new Tradeskill guides probably at the end of this week. I have been busy working on some other retro guides for awhile so this will be a much needed break =P
  14. -wycca Augur

Bugged me forever on your Pottery guide, Large Bowl Sketch,for some silly reason, is expansion locked until PoP. Might want to remove it from your guide or make a note.
  15. Adonhiram Augur

Hey Almar, don't get me wrong, the skill cap in Luclin for research is the same theoretical maximum (300 iirc) as for every other tradeskill, it's just no recipe allows you to go past 243, unlike regular trade skills. This maximum is reached by making 'chemical' spell ingredients for later expansion spells. Luclin spells themselves won't go past 220ish, maybe even a bit lower, I forgot.
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

Hmm they must have done that between fippy and these servers - those Tradeskill guides are some of the oldest I wrote and I wrote them as I did combines ingame and stuff. It's why they're so alarmingly detailed for such minimal information.

I'll leave myself a note to correct that, thanks!

Also if you see any other mistakes, if you post them using disqus on the bottom of that page I can find the page much easier and fix the mistake within like 2 minutes.

I'd honestly need to break research into different sections based on single expansions depending on the research changes and when they let you craft spells and such.

Researching is my personal least favorite profession so I will be saving that for last =(

Until I get around to it though if you know of any info I can link to I'll add that as a temporary way for players
  17. -wycca Augur

Thanks Almar - @ Large Bowl Sketch - I know, it predates PoP, but it must've fallen victim to some restrictions. I searched every vendor listed that is supposta sell it, and it wasn't in - I last checked in Shadowrest in Luclin. Lo and behold, the other day, I noticed it for sale in PoK now in PoP.

Recipies & paths - Not a ton of changes. Some new routes potentially open that are (IMO) "easier" or a good alt-route. No guarantee I'm mentioning all of them though or that I'm 100% right -

Baking - With Jaggedpine Forest (Velious I think), you get some new recipies. They're found here, mixed in with regular ones - http://eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe...ial&so=desc&sub=oldworld&menustr=080020000000 - but basically, it's mostly the melts and casseroles. Plant Shoots can be foraged, and are a pretty decent alt path to 244 Jagged Pine Stir Fry and 284 Cheesy Vegetable Casserole.

Baking PoP - Another forage route to 282, Planar Fruit Pies (the fruit is foraged in PoJ).

Brewing - I always had a lack of fondness for your skillup path! I realize it's always a bit personal, but I thought after Fetid Essences, that the optimal path was Faydwer Shakers to 188, then Mino Hero Brews. After that, with Luclin I believe (or is it Velious for the Constitutionals?), to 300, you gain Kaladim Constitutionals, and the alternative (expensive) route, of Brut Champagne.

Fletching - There's no great options to 300 outside of the cultural/deity ones outlined. You pretty much only have the PoP bow options. I guess maybe the Nightmarewood Compound Bow to 295 is easiest, then the EP bows. I don't think there's anything new until PoR there really.

Jewelry - Your path ends at the store bought route. After that you start doing farmed stuff, ie jacinth, blue diamond, black sapphire, etc. Obviously you don't get Velium Bar's until Velious, so that limits you to 295 until then. This chart covers the options pretty well (its not listing some of the velium options though, but those are cost prohibitive). My best advice is to wait until PoP, when you can buy all the diamonds you want by vendor mining, and when blue diamonds are sufficiently common enough that you can buy them in the baz from people.

Pottery - I think it was mentioned above, but (not sure if expansion locked to PoP), but the stein route isn't bad to mention.

Smithing - The velium bit route mentioned above is worth adding for velious. I'd probably mention the cultural route (162 - vale sewing kit for halflings for example), a karana route (188 store-bought making arrowheads (the mithril champion ones you discuss in fletching!), and then old cultural smithing (easiest of which is human). Other than that, you're probably looking at shadowscream in Luclin as the main path to 268...then I dunno.

Tailoring - You're missing the best classic+ route from 158-190, which is Forest Green Silk Swatches. In Velious there's a bunch of options, you can pretty much link to the velious tailoring recipies, but it's basically farming mobs (ie othmir, black panthers, holgresh, etc). Past that, ugh, no real input. Of specific note, for the various animal hides (bear/wolf/cat), Jaggedpine Poachers are probably the best source IMO. I also didn't mention the LoY ribbons, but I think I recall that they might be decent options? Not sure.

Tinkering - You've never added the tinkering guide. I'd start here in general and for classic in particular with their classic chart - http://wiki.project1999.com/Tinkering - just use their trivs list with the store-bought (note TInkering starts at 50). I'd probably skip a few of those though (ie the catapault for example). You can hit 202 in classic with - Nantik's Anti-Gravity Unit though. Obviously Velious adds more, Luclin brings most geerloks, etc.

Make Poison - You don't have one of these. Available in classic from vendor - Spine Break to 32, Aching Blood to 108, Calcium Rot to 172, and Spirit of Sloth to 275. You can raise it higher in Kunark (ie Soul Burn or Warlords Rage) or Luclin (Bite of the Shissar) with heavy farming, but it's almost comically easy to wait to max it out until PoP. While it's not store bought per sey, you can easily vendor farm Bite of the Shissar or (probably easier) Scoriae Bite, as those components are easily available, as I speak thousands are on vendors and for sale in baz. Of note, for the Advanced Poison Vials for the 275->300 path, use store-bought Crow's Special Brew instead of the skins (you also don't need a ton, since you get a return on failure, and can recover made ones by combining 5 and 10-doses with the Grandmaster Assassin's Seal). Lastly, you can cap 200 apply poison along the way to 275 really easy, by just chain applying the made poisons to your blade instead of selling them back.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  18. Kahna Augur

Research is easy.

Vial of Pure Water - 54 (Save them)
    Aqua Fortis - 102 (Save Them)

Then just start making the solutions.

Fine Runic Papyrus Solution - 120
    Parchment Solution - 144
    Fine Parchment Solution - 174
    Velium Parchment Solution - 203
    Fine Velium Parchment Solution 216
    Charta Arcanum Solution - 243

The farmed mats for all of these are the same, Saltpeter and Crystallized Sulfur, just the gemstones and metals used vary. By stairstepping up the levels and always doing the easiest level next you maximize your successes and can sell back more of the end result. That will cut down on the hefty price tag. After 243 you have to make spells. PoP Spells will take you to 300, but you won't be able to craft them until 3 expansions after PoP opens. So for now 243 is the highest you can get.

Now you don't have to bother with research. Which is good, because after they put in the "3 expansions later" rule it became worthless.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  19. Illusory Augur

Lol, nothing really to find anymore, but I'm really just busting your chops!
  20. Adonhiram Augur

Yeah, you are so right :-(