Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duality Augur

No, they're probably just gonna do it for the stupid overseer nerf and see how many more accounts cancel.
    Barraind likes this.
  2. svann Augur

Awwww mom
    So unfair!
  3. Danaleigh Elder

4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If those 20 guild cared about rankings they would be logging in as soon as the raids go active, instead they stick to their normal raid times, yeah its nice to know your not last, but they also know they will never be in the top 5, top 10, top 15, etc. I'd stop posting on the site if it ment that others in the top guild on our server would stop sending tells asking if we had beaten raids yet!

We were looking forward to spending Sunday doing something different, now we have to wait an extra month, had raids only been pushed back a day we wouldn't have been effected.

And I don't want to do TOFS!!!!!!!!!
  5. Serona Elder

Tax deadlines punted to 7/15.
  6. Trafthek Lorekeeper

Well said man. If or when(quite likely) we are forced to stay home, we're out a vacation day. Planned this day months ago, but still took it, at my own risk. I acknowledge that , but now for nothing other than just a day off to bs in TS with guild members.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Maybe too many guilds are still able to do anything in T2 and that has to be further re-tuned. (For the record, we one-shotted the events post-retune but the fairly regular stomping on the fingers of the lower tier guilds mid expansion never sat well for me, and nearly destroyed my pre-merge guild in EoK, where they had the cruel gall to put "lol" in mob names, and it is still in those mobs' names.) I'm just being very bitter.
  8. Galarian Elder

Thank you for trying to fix things. Can't please everyone all the time (though I genuinely feel for those that blew PTO and this all happened, especially with what's happening around the world, and possibly blew even more for tomorrow, but hey). This expansion has been an anomaly for the most part. It's not the end of the world, though.

Err...
    Arraden and adetia like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Good thing EQ is just a game, and a choice between playing and dealing with a global pandemic is a very easy one for a medical professional. Right?
    Arraden and Cicelee like this.
  10. Swiss Augur

Burn out in the medical profession is a serious thing, sometimes people need their games too.
  11. enclee Augur

Except, he doesn't have a choice. Medical professionals in a state of emergency can be mandated to work, with overtime of course. He, as well as every other medical professional is going to be under a serious crunch period for the next few months inside a very high stress environment. Good luck Allayna. My wife's a RN, so I'm familiar with what you're going through but not personally experiencing it.
    Lannin and Allayna like this.
  12. redline Lorekeeper

So there is no way to open raids a day early because of a (daylight savings day) but it can be pushed back over a month...
    Zunnoab and Allayna like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

They didn't unlock today because the script that runs at 9 am didn't think it was the right time yet. But they would unlock tomorrow.

There must have been some other reasons that came up during that 'discussion' that they had. Something that EQ Dev didn't tell us.
    Lannin and Allayna like this.
  14. German Augur

Read the test message, they are actually going to for real this time tune some of those events so some may get harder.

As guilds get better gear either in TBL or TOV the harder stuff gets more doable. The T1 raids are so easy that the first week group geared alternates or open raids were able to beat it on more than one server. Its ok for T1 to be that way, T2 should be harder, T3 should be even harder. Guilds who are struggling with T2 may not be able to beat T3 - those raids were harder than T2 in many different facets. Hopefully they made them even harder in the last 3 (I mean 4) months.
  15. That0neguy Augur

The level of incompetence here is just astounding. Then doubling down on bad decision after bad decision. How is any of this ok?
    Lannin and Zunnoab like this.
  16. Allayna Augur

It is a game.

It's a game that I planned a set amount of time off for, for a race, something of a tradition in my guild. It is an escape. An escape from the fact that sheeple are buying up all the TP for a respiratory virus. An escape from the potential mandates incoming about working every single day, taking care of you, potentially Axxius.

I'll note that we are also being asked to reuse our protective masks, making them completely ineffective and exposing us to corona virus multiple times per day.

But sure, take your cheap shots, if it makes you feel better about not wanting to compete this year.
    Ownlei, Chopin.Xegony, Lianeb and 3 others like this.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

I'm honestly disgusted if they overdo this. Difficulty is all relative. Catering only to the strongest in insane. Incessantly stomping on the fingers of the mid tier is disgusting.

As for ToFS, first event the mob HP increases made the enrage timer easier to hit. Second ToFS event the individual non-boss mobs are supposed to be easy to tank by design, and that event is all about strategy execution.

If they want to design for the top couple guilds they should use difficulty modes, not revolving the game around a small minority of the players (as in this month-long delay, and the ridiculous tuning of TBL in general).
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While this is a pain it is nice for the guilds who do care about the race being able to attempt it on equal footing with a new planned release date.
  19. German Augur

We're straying from anger towards the fubar today, however....

The upgrades in ToV should upgrade your DPS enough to be able to down the event. If you're struggling to get it down, more T1 raids will get you there eventually. Even if they leave it as is, AoW and Velks was harder than TOFS1 before and after this change. At least with this expansion you're able to raid some of the current content and eventually get through TOFS.

Mearatas this is not.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

My guild isn't having trouble; I'm worried about the pattern though harming the lower tier guilds, because I've been there before to make progress only for constant tweaks to push you back down away from victory. It helps no one to do that. I especially worry they'll screw up the second ToFS event by making the guests hit too hard, which operates exactly as was described to us on beta.

But anyway sorry to get off topic. I'm just floored over this whole thing.
    German likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.