Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Szilent Augur

It was like that because players were super duper bad at playing EQ

Not a content thing

just a moment's consideration of the pace of TLP progression exposes that. players with modern sensibilities dance and flex on and romp right through those old raids
  2. Bartleby Journeyman

Stop that, Devs in EQ may be a lot of things, but they certainly do not deserve that kind of mental anguish wished upon them. Imagine if there were a direct ear for certain people who are oddly absent from this conversation BTW :cool:, to constantly be screaming and crying into. The workers comp alone for the mental anguish caused would bankrupt DP. BTW, Completely off topic Is there a better set of initials for DarkPaw to have chosen than DP at this particular time! AMAZING.
    Jhenna_BB and Tolzol like this.
  3. kizant Augur

The more devs playing the game the better. I don't understand any other position on this matter. The lack of understanding regarding how players play is the cause of countless problems and nerfs. And it's fairly easy to come up with guidelines to follow to keep things fair.

Just like in the recent issue with raid lockouts. There was a bug and those are going to happen. What's the best way to address it that doesn't help any one group? Postpone it 1 more month. They made a good decision here if you look at it from that perspective. Any other time would have been playing favorites to someone.
    Jondalar, Bartleby, Jhenna_BB and 9 others like this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Should just make the unlock date random.
    Goburs, Xeladom, Xinny and 2 others like this.
  5. AppleSplatter Journeyman

WHY DO PEOPLE USE CAPS LOCK? IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A MONGOLOID.
  6. Marton Augur

:D
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Random date/time of opening on each server?
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There have always been devs in guilds. Doesn't mean anyone gets favoritism. Actually, they get a member that can't tell them anything so can't really contribute as much as any other member.

Merloc was 100% a member of a top raiding guild, for example. There have been others.

I haven't seen any evidence that the particular dev being in that guild has helped them any.
    Yinla and Lisard like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If the events unlocking is so hard coded that you can't change it from 30 days, just nuke the system.

REMOVE the locked and unlocking script entirely for the next patch. Patch Friday night. When servers open Saturday, its FFA time to go.

Its pretty ridiculous that you claim you absolutely can't do so. Just remove it entirely and move on, it was a bad mechanism in the first place.

But I bet its used forever and a day because its "easier" than the other methods of flagging/limiting.
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

You all girl dogged about tomorrow, now you are girl dogging about a month delay. People got a month to do what they need to do to prioritize EQ raids over real life. If you can't make it, you got players on the bench. Use them, that is what they are for.

If you want more nuggets, drive over to Ron's House. They have 10 piece rooster nuggets that come with a variety of dipping sauces.

All y'alls acting like spoiled children. Your grandparents would laugh and call you kitty cats if they knew this.

Mistakes are made, they are doing what they think is best for all who play. It doesn't matter how they fix it, you will never be happy. Man up, things could easily be a lot worse.

There are real people employed at Darkpaw. They could have easily shut down any maintenance etc., just like other businesses are doing during this pandemic. Some might not have the luxury of working from home to support you kitty cats.

Be ever thankful they are still patching etc., instead of shutting it down and leaving the game in its current state until this pandemic passes.
    Proximoe likes this.
  11. Marike Elder

Dev Illa says hi.
  12. Redsumm Journeyman

Thank you! A far more meaningful and consistent message than the community received before.

The decision is a good one.

The "multiple of months" method of unlocking is ... unimportant for present discussion. But if that is the design choice, then it needs to be supported better than it was yesterday.
    1. It should be absolutely certain what date is the correct unlock date that is communicated to the community.
    2. There should absolutely be technical monitoring at the unlock time with community management support immediately available to address unlock failures.
  13. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I remember being the first server to open The Nest, during a sony press conference that had, about 15 minutes earlier, talked at some length about how the content "seemed harder" and the questioner was worried no server would have that zone open for weeks or months.

It was a fun night.

TLP damage output is nowhere near what live ever was (after damage caps are removed), even using the same gear. It has less to do with people not knowing wtf was going on, and more to do with Charm actually being reliable now, combat formula revamps, passive auto-grant AA's that add %damage to melee, and some spell revamps. Looking back at parses in VP and ToV on live, melee min and max damage on autoattacks is noticeably higher even with motm taken into account. .

Not to mention, you arent accidentally pulling half of most any indoor zone by sitting too close to a wall, using a rain, or having a pet decide that its time to tour the countryside because its pathing would hit a pebble if it didnt take a 7 mile detour.

TLP is fun to play once, farm enough krono to fund test copy sets for a few expansions and add fun stuff to the kit, but its a completely different game to doing that content 20 years ago.
  14. Vigilance New Member

Prathun, live servers are NOT, as much as the developer team wants them to be, time locked progression or TLP. This epic failure to unlock raids as scheduled wasn't fair, fun OR functional.

Let me explain how frustrating this is. Below you'll appreciate your own post from Jan 13, 2020. Advanced notice of about 2 months for T3 and only 4 days notice for T1, we managed either way.
    The frustration comes from the fact that (collective you) decided to toy with a system that has been around for ages and this is the current outcome. Furious customers. People upset at the lack of communication and quite frankly the lack of actual control over this game.

There's only a select few on these many pages who are glad handing you for your decision to push it back a month.

This system has caused mistrust among your player base.
    It has caused a lack of confidence in the developer team to actually manage this game.
    Add to it the overseer fiasco.
    How could you blame people for their responses after waiting 5 hours to hear that a day was wasted? A race cancelled for technical difficulty.

And the best part? We STILL don't have an answer on when the race will continue, on when T3 will unlock.

Now add in all those raiders who don't care about the race. The ones who just wanted more content.

Please do better, we know you can.
    Barraind and Chopin.Xegony like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I appreciate the insight.

But really, we've been waiting for these raids for months. Pushing them off an entire other month just so people can plan a day of work is pretty crappy.

We could all show up at regular raid hours and raid them on our normal raid days instead of waiting a month.

It's not like the race has any real meaning this year anyway.

I feel like everyone who beats it on go live day is #1, everyone who beats it on another day is #2, down the line.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Random per server/guild even. "Sooo... I'll need you to come in on Saturday"
  17. Bigstomp Augur

That used to be the place to make phone calls to relatives.
    I wonder how facetime would go over in there.
  18. Arraden Augur

Absolutely nothing wrong with looking or being like someone of mongoloid decent. Your post is racist, if you're attempting to make a derogatory statement.

Self reflect for a minute, and realise how unnecessary that statement was.
  19. feeltheburn Augur

everyone can bicker over the dev....the new release and which way do you place your toilet paper on the roll.....the elephant in the room that the powers that be have NOT addressed and should, and somehow compensate all those involved ie all the players...is the HOURS of silence and no word as to what in the name of Zeus's butthole was going on when the unicorn of the release was no running about. I do not care what guild was there, every one of those players times are important to them...ie work...ie doing things at home..whatever...things they could have been doing elsewhere if there was some kind of notion that things were held up, not gonna happen etc...instead of wishing and hoping at a npc with their socks in their hands. Just my 2 cents...
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Even worse, I think he was referring to people with Down Syndrome by using a derogatory term.
    Arraden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.