Update on server downtime?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

Was probably poor planning to do an EQ2 livestream on the same day as scheduled maintenance, stretching your resources a bit thin....

Let’s hope the maintenance was to improve the lag and not to change the graphic of various silk a la blue diamond style.
    Ronove likes this.
  2. Elyee Lorekeeper

Can't they just do a roll back and start the servers on the last working version?? ... Is it really that tough?
    Ronove likes this.
  3. Shan New Member

Sigh, work kicked my today. I'm just beat. Was looking forward to EQ. Can't get on. Decided to salvage what I could. Told my wife I didn't feel like playing EQ, because I wanted to spend some time with her. God help me if log in servers come back soon now. I'll lose all the points I just earned.
    Zoso, Ronove, Zamiam and 4 others like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nice tactic. If she catches you posting though, your efforts will come to naught.
    Gremin and Ronove like this.
  5. That One Guy Augur

I mean I would say if you are spending time with your wife while refreshing the forums and shout OMG SERVERS ARE FINALLY UP... yah that might not be good. I advise you just stick with the lie and don't check the server status or forums all night.
    Ronove likes this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

"Hey we are going to do some routine maint. Should be down a couple of hours.... Oops sorry we can't do routine maint with out messing it up totally so down most of the day whoopsie DBG"
    Ronove likes this.
  7. Gumlakx Augur

Apparently we are dining in Hell's Kitchen. On the first night of a new season.
    Ronove likes this.
  8. Elyee Lorekeeper

Honestly I bet Daybreak has a whole department of Psychologists analyzing game addiction and the extent of "Deferred Gratification Theory".
    Ronove likes this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ooo. Someone is channeling Art Bell.
    Ronove and Raludar like this.
  10. Bman New Member

The servers are running Linux. you don't just roll back like windows. If they were smart they would have a backup in which they could roll back, but this was a Hardware Firmware upgrade. A lot of hardware can not go backwards once you update its internal bios. Hopefully this is not the case or they have some spare parts. crosses fingers
    Ronove and Repo like this.
  11. Mediik Augur

In the meantime.. the new Test Patch notes should provide some entertainment.
    Ronove likes this.
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

Or you can just go play on test. It's available.
    Ronove likes this.
  13. BUffs New Member

14. xcitng Augur

I'm tired of reading about more nerfs, so rather not.
    Ronove likes this.
  15. Kywen Augur

I found a live video feed of the techs at DBG investigating the issue. It's not as good as the game, but it is something to watch while we are waiting. At least it proves they are working on it.

Andarriel, Ronove, Elyee and 3 others like this.
  16. Elyee Lorekeeper

OOooohhh dayam I think that are making progress! ... I've been stuck in "Logging into the server. Please wait ...." for about 20 minutes now.
    Ronove likes this.
  17. Ronove Lorekeeper

So what is the test server for?
  18. Zamiam Augur

this is unacceptable its been over half a day .. and I still cant login..

then we have devs locking threads and not really communicating much !!

I just spent a few hundred dollars within the last 2 weeks on few subs and 6 expansions .. and I was gonna spend another few hundred on 6 more expansions for my accounts , However I will not be doing so ..

How Hard is it to test these updates before you actually implement it into the live servers ?? this was suppose to be routine maintenance !! Now I've lost 1 full day out of my 2 days I have off to play ..

I was just starting to get back into this game .. I had taken a year off . didnt even feel like playing .. I just figured id test the waters and see BIG MISTAKE ..

their are other games out there .. guess i'll take my hard earned cash somewhere else ..

BTW you should update the forums where it shows all the servers are UP , but put a big RED flashing emote LOGIN is DOWN so it dont matter if servers are up you still cant play
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Forum-Quest never disappoints on patch/maintenance days, when I get to see adults act like this on the interwebz

[IMG]
    Deedeedee and Khat_Nip like this.
  20. Ronove Lorekeeper

Obviously it only upsets the people who value their time