Update Bugs 12/11/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Dec 11, 2014.

1. SaderakhBertox Augur

Like this?

[IMG]
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

My guild is getting a high rate of crashing for zones in several expansions, not just the Degmar zone.

I can only hope all those, "Click to send information to SOE about the crash", boxes are actually sending the information to SOE. Only SOE knows (and I have not seen any post by SOE) whether the rate of the crash reports to them has increased significantly enough for them to realize there is a large problem going on for the past few weeks on this.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Hah, is dat sum photochop?

I logged in and caught it immediately. More like this:
    [IMG]
    I look like some kind of centaur abomination. I don't really like the idea of Calix tinkering with me...

For me, the crash-on-zoning problem actually started back in House of Thule, usually when entering Morell's Castle or Sanctum Somnium. It also continued into Veil of Alaris, occasionally sending me to the desktop when zoning into Argath or Valley of Lunanyn. I skipped the rest of VoA, so I don't know if those zones have further problems. I don't recall Rain of Fear zones being troublesome, but it returned in Call of the Forsaken, causing crashes when entering Ethernere Tainted Karana, Bixie Warfront, Neriak Fourth Gate, Tower of Rot, and Argin-Hiz.
    The pattern I saw in these zones was that they were the higher quality zones, with a lot more stuff going on. They are physically large and contain a lot of mobs, or use a variety of textures/particle effects/unique objects. I had assumed that higher quality zones meant using more memory, and that memory usage was coming up against some sort of limitation that EQ has, or which Windows has assigned to EQ.
    Degmar, well, my guess is that it is something else causing the problem. It does not strike me as being highly detailed, physically large, or containing a lot of mobs compared to other zones. My perception could be totally wrong, but I don't think it follows the pattern of other zones that were giving me trouble.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It is not an item on the vendor. It is a direct part of that reward. Claim the reward and you will receive it.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It does help sometimes, sometimes it does not. This is true for any crash report. The crash reports for Degmar simply say that the client is out of memory (EQ is still limited to 2 gigs, even if you have more). It is informative, but not terribly useful. Other reports will speak about a specific pointer that is mis-allocated, or some such very useful information.
    In short, yes, keep using that, it is helpful in some cases, and it is worth doing.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am not sure what can be done, (because I know very little about the art) but I will let the artists know.

Degmar has a large amount of textures for a zone its size. Unfortunately it is not easy to just say "reduce the textures" so...
    I brought it up, we will see if there is anything that can reasonably be done about it.
  7. Mugsie Elder

The 32 bit / 2gig limit causing crashes means you have to curtail usage. Turn off as many options as you can would be my advice to work around. Hero forge is an easy one. Mounts are sadly all or nothing OR you can do old race models by race to block most of them. I would LOVE a block others mounts / illusions options like we can do for HF, but I don't know if because they are global illusions they would still gobble up my resources. Probably a bit late in the game to ask that to be separated out and anyways it doesn't solve the underlying issue of stepping over 2gig limit, just tries to avoid it as able.

Being able to bind guild hall and avoid lobby would help some not get glutted and crash I would guess.

Mugs
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just got an eviction crate when I logged in....thought these were supposed to send out an email first? No email received.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Same here......where is the warning email??
  10. Weebaaa Augur

I haven't paid much attention to the housing rewards for TDS collectibles, but I personally like the idea of having the "Reward" housing items for collectibles put on vendors.

You are not always ready to use said housing item when you complete/claim your collection reward.
  11. fortuneteller Augur

Would be nice if it was sent to email AND mail on char.
  12. Hludwolf Developer

This was a bug with the emailing system at that time for players who were not logged in when the plot expired. This email bug has since been fixed and players have been getting these in game emails when their upkeep expires for the past few months at least, regardless of being logged in.

The plots are released 90 days after upkeep expiration.
  13. Fenudir Augur

I've had toons with months of upkeep left get their plots taken away in the last week. Since the last patch, actually. No email. No eviction crate. No currency returned. Yes, I've petitioned.
  14. Hekaton Augur

Under the flags section of cavern collectibles it says you CAN buy the statue of sillsia from halius goldenthorn. It's just not showing up on his inventory, after the completion of the collection set. Might want to make it so you can't sell it to a vendor like i accidently did.
  15. chronicler Augur

I think there is some bug with the eviction. I have had 4 chars WHO got their plots evicted.
    And I am pretty sure that 3 of them has not been overdue with their payment.

What is however worst is that, you get the eviction crate, and then your settings on the plot is lost.
    So you have to set up all the items Again. That is if you like me has not been saving the settings.

I would advice you to recheck if the eviction system is bugged, because I believe it is!

As I ran through various of my chars some like 1-2 weeks ago, and there saw they had something like 50 weeks
    payed in advance.
    Fenudir likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Ok the toon and account this happened to is logged in regularly and played and never received an email. To try and clarify are you referencing the in-game email or the email associated to the accounts? I received no such notice on either.

Its not a big a deal for me because I own the guild neighborhood and can grab whatever plot I want. Are you saying you had to be logged in the exact day and time frame the plot was expiring or what? This just happened the other day so your answer
    is not consistent with what just happened.

Recommend this gets another look.
  17. JChan Developer

Please PM me your server and character names and we'll investigate.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Unfortunaltey we were not able to reproduce this. Can you think of anything odd that might have gone on?
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thank you. I did not notice that the "Player Flags" section mentioned that it should be available on a vendor. I just checked if it actually IS on a vendor, and it is not. I forwarded this on to both the achievements/collections designer and our items designer to look at and decide on the solution.
  20. Taiqwon Augur

There's currently a bug with the UI code that doesn't allow a custom UI to put the new mount stuff in any tab other than the 7th tab of the inventory window. If it's not in #7 it doesn't work.