Update Bugs 11/19/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Nov 19, 2014.

1. silku Augur

Castle Relic mission digger version. If anyone in the group dies when the captain dies, they do not get the key to get into the safe room. Only those alive as he is killed can then go in to fight the seargent to complete the mission. Anyone else will get teleported back to the zone in.
  2. segap Augur

/bugged that last week. You can at least pull everything except the rooted archer (which there is no reason to kill) in to the hallway and kill there.
    silku likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

EQ Button > Actions

Shouldn't this be sorted alphabetically? It bugs the hell outta me to find Audio Triggers at the bottom of a long list.
  4. Harris Augur

I can not open the MP3 Player with the /mp3 command. was it taken out of the game? tried with custom and default UI.
  5. Blastnastie New Member

6. Blastnastie New Member

Did you remove Pria the Penitent's second placeholder in Combine Dredge? It would be a shame, if so. There appears to only be one penitent Doomscale placeholder anymore.

Taking away placeholders and chances for named is a terrible stealth nerf, if intentional (especially considering that most in this zone have two, if not three placeholders.) Could we get the second Placeholder put back in, even if you have to move it slightly with the increased agro range?
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Myrmidon's skill is removing Two-Handed proficiency.
    Dual-Wielding Proficiency is not removing Two-Handed proficiency.
  8. Marshall Maathers Augur

We encountered Pria in 2 different locations last night.
  9. guado Augur

Alt+K and /mp3 working fine for me, default ui.
  10. Lasherž New Member

Three bugs that I've noticed recently...

1): The appearance selector while under an illusion will do wacky things when selecting a different looks. When I use my wood elf illusion on my ogre I sometimes get stuck on what appears to be a frozen selector where neither clicking right or left will change anything and after a few dozen clicks it'll show a few more then go back to frozen. I'm not sure about this but it may become a more obvious problem the more illusions you've last clicked before zoning? It became essentially unuseable when my group's shaman shrunk me 10 times forcing me to recast wood elf illusion. I've noticed similar problems with beards on dark elf illusion.

2): Two problems with the 105 SK spell "Torrent of Misery Recourse".
    a): When cast without a second member in the group (a mercenary for example), it will not affect your pet. The same is true for older SK group buffs as well such as Theft of Hate. I got the SK only breastplate from theater of blood and was very disappointed to see that it didn't affect my pet while soloing. It works just fine when I pop my mercenary.
    b): Another problem, which affects other pet classes as much as it does the shadow knight using it, is that it overwrites pet haste from numerous classes. I first noticed that it wiped out my pet's haste and I was pretty annoyed that they didn't stack, but later on when grouping with a 105 mage he was complaining that his haste kept getting dispelled, we tracked it back to that spell and in the end he was forced to block it like I had for my pet. I assume the problem is also present for beastlords and I'm quite sure it's present for necromancers as well. Now that Everquest provides a useful temporary AC buff that stacks with all the other shadow knight self-stuff again, it'd be really nice if you could provide for it a different timer, or if nothing else please prioritize pet haste above it so that I don't have to apologize in advance every time I use it in my groups.

3): The Shadow Knight AA called "Soul Flay" never activates under the spell "Deceitful Deflection" The description reads, "This ability, when activated, allows your lifetap spells greater than level 91 to strip mana from your enemy and give it to other members of your group. Each rank increases the chance to proc and amount of mana returned." I've always considered the deflection spell line to be AE lifetaps. The same appears to be true for Bonemaw's bite, however since it's got a recast of 1 minute I've only been able to do 15 or so casts for the purpose of this bug report.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Turtles in Brother island don't swim they warp, nearly got myself killed a few times due to this. I've yet to be able to pull one out of the water. :(
  12. guado Augur

I can second this. Although I did find one turtle while doing Merc tasks that was able to be pulled out of the water. Unfortunately, it was the first one I tracked, so I assumed all other turtles could be pulled out of the water. Nope ! Would be cool to have them go on land too.

It must be annoyingly tedious to code mobs. Oh a shark can't go on land, but a turtle can swim and go on land.
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

Combine Dredge HA: elementals stopped spawning when I died before they could all spawn. Ran back to rez, killed the ones up, but it was 3/5 and no further spawns happened. Thankfully it's as easy as drop and request task again.

A "kedge spectator" (merc task giver, Combine Dredge) is attackable and killable. D'oh!

My RoF T2 paladin breastplate click doesn't want to take hold if I either have the shaman's Sluggishness buff or the tyrannosaurus illusion. I don't recall stacking issues with Fatigue, but if that's intended then oh well, nevermind. lol
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No, because its way of not taking a slot is to add a slot and take that new added slot. The logic may seem weird, but that is the way it works.
    Before you added the Steed to your key ring, you had 1 slot left, after you added your steed to the key ring you had 1 slot left. So the final result is it did not use up that 1 available slot you had.
    Perhaps that message should be "... will no longer take an available slot in the Mount Key Ring."
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While you guys ARE parsing the logs incorrectly, we did find the issue that is causing it. You really need to be looking at the cap, not the base as the formula that increases it per level is not visible. Well really, you should not trust parsers, because they do NOT have all of the necessary information of make anything but wild assumptions in MANY cases, including this one.
    The intent of the change is correct. If you do the math of the intent of the change, though you see a lower base number, the result should have been -300 or -315 (depending on rank and spell) at level 103. Unfortunately the hidden nature of that formula got us as well. In short the wrong formula was used.
    We have not decided exactly how to fix it, but the change may be deceptive, and spell file parsing will STILL not get you the actual numbers, it may just "look" better (for example, the previous tier equivalent may shown -134 in the parser, but your actual number for that example base is -268 ...
    It is possible to do what was intended with a different formula, or by changing the base with the current formula. You can see which way we decided when you parse the changed stuff, but it is still not giving you all of the information to do anything but make assumptions.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is no "overall" problem currently with those tasks (maybe with the task system itself). It is bugged because an element was added when some players were in a partially complete state. Once you are able to have that bugged quest cleared, everything will work normally. This is an edge case and a bug in the Task system, not the tasks themselves.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hrm. I will look into it, but I am not sure there is a non-exploitable way around that I can't give you the bit when you are not in zone. All the alternatives I can think of off the top of my head are very exploitable. I will think on it further and ask around.
  18. Iila Augur

We've been doing that for 15 years. Been working out pretty well overall.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Ngreth,

It seems when people get the daily HA quest the reward for the HA is split between the end hail and the Daily HA quest reward.

I tested with people in group without the daily HA quest and they were getting the same amount of AA for the end hail as I was getting for end hail + Daily HA reward.

Then rerunning the same HA the next day without the Daily HA would give me the same amount as the day before with the end hail + daily HA quest bonus.

Is the Daily HA quest supposed to give more xp or is it designed to just divide the XP and promote people to go to different HA's? Currently it gives no more xp than doing it without.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope. There are still 2. And they have not been changed except 8/6/2014 (during beta!) where I found a dyslexic moment in the Y value of the location. No changes at all have been made to the location and amount of that encounter. While the placeholders have the script on them, that script does not make them unique, so there can be 2 of them (the rare itself was not touched at all, and there can only be on of them)