Update Bugs 11/19/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kezik Lorekeeper

The new Necro aa,Self Sacrifice, doesn't seem to be working. It just resets no matter if i target pet or myself . Would hope that it would be usable while targeting mob,but that just resets also.
  2. Dibab Augur

Not sure if bug or intentional, but my necro prior to the patch could cast Bora's Swift Sickness Rk. II followed by Itkari's Swift Lifedraw Rk. II. Now Bora's and Itkari's are sharing the same recast timer. Is this intentional? saw nothing about this in the patch notes.
  3. Iila Augur

Nothing changed on any of the swiftdots from the last spell update in oct. Those were both on timer 6, and are still both on timer 6.
  4. Dibab Augur

as recently as Yesterday my 3 swift dots were Osalur's Flashblaze, Bora's Swift Sickness, and Itkari's Swift Lifedraw one after the other. no delay in casting no conflicting timer issues now today im having it. IDK about druids and their swift dots but for my necro box this definitely changed with the patch
  5. Koneko Augur

still no shared bank slots on me
  6. the2valk New Member

tried the descending tower for the daily exp bonus, got to the part where you loot the crate for the divining crystal, looted it and cast it on the archaeologist don laborm and all i get is your spell did not take hold, tried giving it to another player in the HA, tried zoning out, tried trading it to the archaeologist...........waste of over an hour as i killed everything in the zone to see what the bonus exp would be like. heres the best part, there was actually a gm in game at the time...who ignored my tells and promptly logged off
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I could not reproduce this. I did test it as a player.
    NOTE. HAIL is not what you have to say to complete those tasks, there is a word highlighted when you do hail them (or 'hail sir for Doomscale Captives.)
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I will let this sit more and decide after that.
    The zone was definitely way too easy to navigate for the Tier and its location in the progression.
    I want to wait for it to settle in some to see if it really does need to be changed again.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Are you in a shroud?
  10. Calatank New Member

Or, have the mobs actually drop spells and armor on more than 1 every 10 hours rate so the zone is worth the extra effort. The end zones of the expansion should be harder, and should have some reward for going there. As it is now, spell drops are extremely rare in Dredge and Arx. I think I'm at 2 spell drops (1-104 and 1-105) and 5 armor pieces from close to 30 nameds killed in Dredge and Arx. Zero spell drops from trash mobs in Arx or Dredge. It might just be the RNG that hates me, but these "harder" zones should have more reward.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If you had the Pirate and the Pea task partially complete before the patch, it is possible that the change in the task put you in a bugged state. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about that. You can see if CS can help you. Or if you want to save time, you can remove the task and re-do it. A partially completed task that is updated in a patch like this is an edge case, and not really something I can do anything about.

And yes, Undermining the Mining will not update until That Pirate and the Pea dialog element is complete. (if you do remove pirate and the pea, Undermine the Mining and Research Wrecks will be complete-able)

Doomscale Captives though... that is not related, and works just fine. If you meant to say Research Wrecks, then yes, this will also be blocked by The Pirate and the Pea not being able to be completed.

Basically, there has to be an order of operations. It checks if the Pirate and the Pea hail element is available to be updated, if it is, it sends that text and stops. If not, it checks the dialog steps on Undermine the Mining, it that is, it sends the text and stops, if not it checks dialogs on Research Wrecks, if so sends that text. For some reason, it does not think the the Pirate and the Pea dialog element is complete, even if it is showing complete to you. This is possibly due to the task changing while you had it in a partial stage.
  12. Axxius Augur

I bet he is. This change/nerf/exploit-fix was only mentioned in code change notes on Beta but was never included in Live or Test patch notes. It went Live with the TDS release unanounced.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah. Shrouds are NOT meant to have any shared bank slots. It was a bug that they had any.
  14. keggulist New Member

Crying for the Dead

Step 4: Take 10 drops of blood from the dwarves and combine them

This step does not update despite being able to do the rest of it and do final hail and no credit
  15. beeroke New Member

Degmar mission: Crying for the Dead is definately bugged as was meantioned above.

step 4: take 10 drops of blood from the dwarves and combine them inside the inkwell

Despite having done the combines ANd finishing the entire task it wont complete.
    Our entire group had this problem.
    We even did the entire mission a 2nd time and same problem.
  16. Heile Lorekeeper

It seems like the 96-100 rogue discs/spells work on all the mobs, just not the 101-105.

Also while using the Possessed RoF raid dagger, the Barbed Weapon proc seems to get resisted a lot too, along the line of Hack, Jugular Hack, etc.
    Esero likes this.
  17. Renon New Member

1. Sorry I wasn't more detailed on Doomscale Captives. I returned to Praetor and hailed, then said "live sir" the first time, and nothing happened, so I did it a few more times and he proceeded to sic a dozen mobs on me. However, after trying a couple hours later, the task completed.

2. The problem I'm having with The Pirate and the Pea is odd. I have all steps completed, as you can see in the screenshot. However, it's just floating there in my quest window, and I checked the achievement window to make sure I don't have credit for it. The interesting part about this task, however, is that the final step according to EQResource and Allakhazam differs from the final step you see in the screenshot. A guildy even mentioned that he didn't recall having to turn in anything, but only going through a bit of script for completion.
    [IMG]

3. Lastly, Undermining the Mining.. As you can see below, I went through his script, and nothing happens.
    [IMG]

**UPDATE** Thankfully, GM Accapelo came along and force-completed "The Pirate and the Pea" and "Undermining the Mining." I figured I'd post this anyway. I have yet to complete Research Wrecks, so I'm not sure if that one is going to be buggy or not. Thanks for looking into it, Ngreth.
  18. Tyreel Augur

Zoned in to Katta Castrum: Deluge just to test the change in experience.

It seems now when charming some of the elemental mobs in this zone can ignore when you cast any type of invis(regular, undead, or animal).
    In particular this happened more with the darkmud(earth elemental) but also happened with fire/air elemental mobs.
    A bard from my guild was unable to reproduce trying lots of mobs in the zone and it was random for me. The only thing i can think of is some issue with either Eradicate Magic AA or using Summon Companion AA when trying to get a charmed elemental out of the water as the pathing out of the water is less than optimal.
  19. Taiqwon Augur

I made a "Raid Elder Leather Wrist Seal of the Warchief" today and it lists DRU/MNK/BER on the classes. I'm guessing this is a mistake to have BER instead of BST?
  20. Rapitiss New Member

Quest: Crying for the Dead - Take 10 drops of blood from the dwaves and combine them inside the ink well.

Completing this step returns filled inkwell but does not update the step.

Can "complete" the rest of the steps but quest does not update.