Update Bugs 11/14/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They need to fix the lag!

Tired of rubber banding while trying to finish progression quests in Evantil and PoS.
  2. Uxtalzon Augur

Got a rez during raid, never left zone (stayed a corpse until rez hit), clicked mod rod and used Marr's Gift (PAL AA ability that gives mana and health), and neither worked. Made me pretty irate considering the raid situation and role I needed to play at that time.

For an "emergency patch" that took ten days after the update? So many corners being cut, it's beginning to look like a circle. :(

These aren't new, but here's a reminder:

- Holy Guardian heal effect not triggering properly (I think this is the sixth time I'm posting this :mad:). Seems that when I'm going to activate it, I can't use any ability before or after for a good ~5 seconds or the heal effect won't stick. For example, if I'm on a mount, click Holy Guardian, dismount, and click Armor of the Inquisitor all within a second just before the mobs run into me, the bashes and blocks won't give me any heals. Groups I've been in that have their combat/heals filter on can attest me activating my discipline, seeing blocks/bashes performed, but no heals, and group wipes.

- Editing a post on the forum still shows no text until you click "More Options". Man that's been around way too long. WAY too long.

- While making a forum post, selecting lines of text and pressing Backspace key sometimes doesn't delete the text, and rarely sometimes pressing Enter key deletes text like it just did, again. Facepalming so hard here as to why I bother re-posting stuff or put up with it.

- Right-clicking and selecting Undo on posts isn't working as it should, so when I lose a bunch of text because I press the Enter key, I can't even get it back when I Undo. Am I nitpicking? You bet I am! :D

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Tarrin Augur

The timer for Remote Moonfire ( the one gotten in CotF ) is still linked with the other remotes ( the one gotten in RoF ).
    Darchon_Xegony likes this.
  4. Uxtalzon Augur

Fire In the Hole (Underfoot mission) - turning in the keystone (yup, the LAST FRIGGIN' part) gives a Duplicate Lore Items are not allowed and as such the player does not get the correct item returned, which also disqualifies them from getting keyed to enter the door. Now I have to bother someone to come over and open the door a bunch. Doubt this'll ever get fixed, seeing as it's UF expansion, but hey, this is a warning to all those 2.0 shawl questies out there thinking they can key themselves to enter... you'll be in for a surprise!
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This forum, Developer Roundtable, is read by the programmers (and Devs) of EverQuest. They have nothing to do with the forum software here.

The forum named EverQuest.com should be about the forum software and website, but I've found that pretty much the only people who read it are the Customer Service people who can do nothing about this.

So, your best bet is to PM Piestro with these issues. He is very good at doing things when they are brought to his attention. Not that he can get the Forum / Website team to do things, but he can tell them about the bugs. At that point at least they would know about it. Whether they ever get to it....well, EQ is at the bottom of the totem pole over at SOE. We are pretty low on the priorities over there.

There is no dedicated team for EQ forum / website, we share the team with all the other games at SOE, and, again, we are low on the list. And I know of no way to contact them, other than through Piestro.

By the way, he is already aware of the editing text missing issue [More Options...] (it only happens in Firefox, I believe). As for the other issues, I don't know if he is aware of them.
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've asked a million times for the !#$!#%!$ Keystone to be added to the Keyring. Because you know you are going to ask someone to open the door for you and, surprise, they have left it back in their bank...
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I carry mine all the time, in my last bag with my clickies.
  8. Uxtalzon Augur

Did the mission again this morning, this time destroying the Vault Key before turning in the keystone mold. Still got a duplicate lore item message, but when I zoned out to Kernagir (Gotonur won't let you [leave], heh), it then appeared in my inventory. So that's a workaround.
  9. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Ethernere Tainted West Karana Raid:

Combined in 701 vs. A Doomscale Arcanist
    ---------------(that's nearly 12 minutes)

Mage + pets 40951k @58753dps ---
    Guard Vraymon 26361k @37713dps ---
    Lieutenant Rolth 24610k @35158dps ---
    Sergeant Teclisin 23931k @34237dps ---
    Rogue 19794k @28277dps ---
    Beast + pets 16960k @24264dps ---
    Commander Galenth 16546k @23671dps ---
    Rogue 16413k @23413dps ---
    Ranger 15744k @22491dps ---
    Rogue 14958k @21553dps

RoF been on farm for months. CoTF was down within a week or two of release.

This gap seems bugged to me.

Could someone look at fixing it? I can find other parses duplicating this major oddity. It's able to be repeated as many times as you like, doesn't matter if the mage dies or not. Seems they can instantly get back up and be gtg to outdo everyone else on raid.

Yes, hot topic, it's the beam spell. I know everyone says it's for gray cons and farming tradeskill components, but this is obviously not that. It's a raid that was just released on a low content tier with only 4 targets to its name. This is not a question of character for the mage using it or cheating or disrupting game play because said character refuses to use an instance... it's simply using a tool that they were given that does not sit at par with anything else in game-- for obvious reasons. It's broken.

This is actually a lower parse, but I am a "habitual deleter" and I only had 1 to choose from currently.
  10. Annalael New Member

We tried to do the GROUP Doomscale Horde mission in Tainted West Karana today. Always asking for the "small force" mission. Instead of getting 5 mobs per wave, we got about 15 mobs and the End Boss on the first wave!!!! No way a group could handle that and survive. Yes we dropped the task and got it again... started the event and still got 15 mobs but no end boss on the first wave. Of course the commander died right away. Big bad bug going on there.
  11. Demandred Elder

Paragon Armor/weapon reward bug for Curing the Corruption of Oceangreen Hills. All the other paragon rewards are not prestige flagged except for 6 out of the 7 weapon options, so either the Paragon's Crusher needs a prestige tag or more likely the Blade, Claymore, Recurve Bow, Spear, Mace and Dirk shouldn't be Prestige tagged
  12. Vanrau Augur

Virrago is part of the web/forum team. However it looks like people can't contact him directly.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Bertoxx server (all in the same zone, not zoning at all here)

Zone is Heart of Fear: The Rebirth: Raid Instance (raid is Memories of the Faceless)

[Tue Nov 26 21:22:13 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:22:13 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:22:38 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:22:38 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:22:50 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:22:50 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:27:16 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:27:16 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:27:30 2013] The Universal Chat service is temporarily unavailable. You will automatically reconnect to it when it becomes available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:27:31 2013] The Universal Chat service is temporarily unavailable. You will automatically reconnect to it when it becomes available. Please wait to send your chat request until then.

[Tue Nov 26 21:29:25 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:29:25 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:29:40 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:29:40 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:29:48 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:29:48 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:29:58 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:29:58 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:30:13 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:30:13 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:30:35 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:30:35 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:31:01 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:31:01 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:31:17 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:31:17 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:31:26 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:31:26 2013] Autojoining channels...

[Tue Nov 26 21:31:35 2013] The Universal Chat service is available.
    [Tue Nov 26 21:31:35 2013] Autojoining channels...

---------------------------------
    Within 4 minutes it rejoined the UCS 11 times. I was not zoning or anything else that should cause this. Be aware that if I took the entire night's log, I would find a great number more of these, I just stopped at this point because I think you get the idea.

Whatever "fixes" have been put in for the UCS, they aren't working. I know the real fix is a brand new UCS that we will not even get "Soon(tm)" but more like "Whenever" and that you are doing the best you can with something that really should be thrown out (and stamped on and lit on fire and buried in a toxic waste dump). So I appreciate the effort you are making to try to improve it. Just letting you know it still has issues.
  14. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

This second rank of the AA says it's supposed to be 73%, but if it's actually 70%, then it's the same as the previous rank, which isn't right. It says it's supposed to be 73%.

Thanks!
  15. cat_owner New Member

the sklyg in beast domain.
    I hail him only thing it give me minor alaran cantrip only nothing else.
    I try more then 5 time still the same thing.:mad:
  16. Makavien Augur

Do you have a minor alaran cantrip on you because this one I believe he just gave you quests because of what you had on you if I remember correctly.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Osmium Ore not dropping in Valley of Xorbb for the quest Ain't No Thing Like an Evil Ring.

This was the first quest I got upon zoning in, I've completed all the other quest, spend a few extra hours killing for Osmium Ore and not one piece has dropped in over 12 hours of killing.

I've had Osmium Ore drop in Valley of Lunanyn but not in Valley or Xorbb all I'm getting to drop there is Scorched Ore, which doesn't update the quest.

I have even tried to hand in Osmium Ore to the quest giver, but that doesn't update the task when he gives it back, nor does charming a mob giving it the ore, killing it and then looting the ore off the corpse.

Can't finish this zone until the drop rate is fixed, or the ore doesn't have to be looted in this zone.
  18. Mordecai81 New Member

Touch of the Divine is currently allowed on the "blocked buff" list, enabling quite a few perma-DA exploits with various classes.
  19. Daislet Augur

The problem with this isn't the fact that it's buff blockable. It's the fact that with Shaman's Preincarnation + Tribute (2nd chance) + Covenant AA's, the chance for it to proc is greater than 100%. Even if it wasn't buff blockable (and they can't change that aspect also), is the intention for Shamans to become the Rampage tanks (that requires no heals) or for Shamans to have to ability to "hold the raid open" on wipes, while the raid re-gathers, re-buff in the GH and zones back in.

Sure 95% chance will fix the buff blocking and stop the exploit of shamans soloing ToV/RoF raids. But anything greater than 80% chance promotes the use of shamans Rampage tank or holding the raids open.
    @ 95% chance, there is a 50% chance that a Shaman could hold open the raid for about 20mins - while folks rebuff.
    They already had a high chance, I don't understand why the Dev's would introduce further AA's to increase it past 100%.
  20. Tobynn Augur

A mob named The Monstrous Minnow is the rare found within the Dead Hills heroic adventure instance Death Peace, given by Skulk the Madaxe.

Around the perimeter of the north end of Minnow's pool is one of those invisible barriers (green lines approx) that zone designers are apt to use. From the high path above, it is possible for a player to unintentionally get behind that barrier, at which point there is no climbing back out. Similarly, the Minnow can also manage to warp behind that barrier, and likewise once it does so there is no getting it back out. One by one, it summoned and ate all group members in safety behind his barrier. Spent an hour trying to fuss him back out but he refused to come forth.

[IMG]

Ran the HA a dozen times before finally getting Minnow to spawn, and then it gets all clusterfoinked like this. Finally bailed on the adventure and have gone another dozen runs without any Minnow spawn.

Using the technical jargon of the developers, this is what we refer to as NOT FUN.