Update Bugs 10/28/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Ravengloome Augur

What do you mean After the expansion is finished? You can't even really begin until your 105.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The usual thing you do (and the correct thing to do) is to extend the events. To tell someone, "Hey, you have to wait a year because we messed up", is not optimal. Much better to say, "We have fixed the bug and extended the events an extra two weeks because it was bugged. Happy Halloween!" :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Prathun Developer

NPCs that con "This creature looks relatively weak." are intended to be solo-friendly targets for melee classes. They have their resists and immunities set in a way that makes them unappealing for casters.
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Thank you for putting that into context. :) Makes a heck of a lot more sense now.
  5. Axxius Augur

Umm... why? :confused:
  6. Silentchaos Augur

Why do they exist?
  7. Horyuken Augur

So melee can solo something in hopes of getting spell fragments and other rare drops that are expansion wide?
  8. Hayzeus Augur

LOL... let me guess... the mob that IS supposed to be appealling to casters is the mob that is run-speed immune and summons? All they need now is more of those anti-pet mechanics.

That's *exactly* the type of mob that a caster finds appealling o_O. We love getting summoned and one-rounded... It's SoE style "Fun" (tm)

PS: how do we do the superscript TM symbol? Is it an Alt-code?
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Cerris Augur

Well, more like back in 2008, when weak-con creatures were introduced, they were a bone thrown to melee classes to give them SOMETHING to do when they couldn't get a group. This predated mercenaries.
    PrathunSOE and Janakin like this.
  10. Prathun Developer

Similar thing occurred with the Bard's meditate skill because the cap hasn't increased. We'll look into this. Thanks!
  11. Prathun Developer

Chandrok has increased the size of the ankylosaur pet illusion.
  12. Prathun Developer

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but it is unlikely that we will bring down the servers for a full update for awhile(tm) which would be necessary to address this or to extend the time that the quest is available. Will look into it, but in the meantime there is a workaround for Edmuund's quest if you are over level 100. I just verified that his quest can be completed in shroud form.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

After the next patch:

The Dead Return! Just when you thought Kithicor was safe! From Novermber 16 to December 1, the dead walk again!
  14. Prathun Developer

Chandrok increased the focus level on these items.
  15. Lisandra Augur

Thank you for at least letting us know. I don't mean to sound like an unappreciative jerk or the kind of customer you don't want to retain but this has been a pretty rough 1.5 to 2 years for the EQ player base & some of us take it hard when our game is "threatened" or marginalized in some way. It feels like since Next & Landmark was announced & all the development & most of the revenue sent to those teams that we've been given the red headed step child treatment.

I think Smed & whoever else makes the decisions at SOE has forgotten what made them a successful company & now only pay lip service to appease us but almost never follow through with anything he promises & we get small expansions & very little content & way too many character & game altering nerfs.

I'm not sure how much authority you have or what decisions you ultimately make & how much is from the top but honestly if this keeps up you're going to have to sunset EQ within 3-5 years because there won't be enough paying customers to sustain it. That will be a sad day not only in our lives but in gaming history.
  16. Uxtalzon Augur

Katta Castrum: Deluge - some shissar trained/pulled into the water get "stuck" on the floor, or something. You can target it, swim up to it and it won't attack and you can't attack it (can't see it from here message). A class with taunt can snap it out this state, but I've seen it happen like six times. It's like a scratch-and-sniff sticker at the bottom of a pool, just... amusing.

Alt + 0153 = ™
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

Hey - it's been a long time since 95-100 :)
    Would be nice if it had a level +3 cap like a lot of spells though.

-R
  18. Bamkan Augur

Brother Dockle on Brother Island is not in his normal spot (upstairs opposite Brother Sprudd). He is still on track in his "location"....I think he has fallen through the world.
    This is currently on Erollisi Marr server.

There are also some flying hammerheads on the land as well - tho minor problem :)
  19. Bamkan Augur

About an hour later he is back in his spot again. Unsure if someone repopped him or not. Thanks tho :)

Edit : Spoke to soon. Got about 3 of my group done with him and he's gone under world again.

Edit2 : This is weird...Dockle is back in his place on 2 of my toons, but the 3rd he is not. Also on that 3rd toon - Jameswell Dagmire had also disappeared. I camped him to log in, then entered the world again. And Dockle/ Jameswell were both there and I was able to carry on. This might help other people who are in the same situation.
  20. Apoc Augur

Seem to be crashing everytime i zone into Degmar
    Dibab likes this.