Update Bugs 09/23/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Fnyanea Augur

Wiz procs get your killed now cause they land on self, wiz almost unplayable.

The changes to prolonged destruction/frenzied devastation make that ability pretty much useless. Wizards no longer a dps class?

Thanks a lot devs. Worst patch in a long time.
  2. Bandeko New Member

Pyromancy when triggers lands on the caster (wizard) instead of the mob.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-340

Feel free to stop by and upvote this, etc. *inserts standard disclaimer about IT being 3rd party, dont use your EQ user/pw.*
  4. Rimelure Journeyman

F this. This is idiotic. Can't even use frenzied or sustained devastation. I casted a low mana spell. Took 30% of my mana fed back and killed me in arcx 5 tonight at the very beginning. 50% of a 1000 mana spell isn't 35k mana or more. God do you people even test changes?
  5. kizant Augur

They couldn't even be bothered to read the test update thread where we pointed out the problems for them...

Also, to help debug the missing twincast proc issue, it happens more with insta nukes than any other.
  6. Rimelure Journeyman

Why don't they give us triple attack riposte etc and increase out melee output. At this point we can't use either of our devestations. We will be oom before we get a quarter through it. Bad enough they needed chaos line ethereal and force hard barely a year ago. Now they made the class obsolete.
  7. Skecpa Journeyman

When clicking shoulders to add the Myrmidon's Skill ranks to the AA window, it seems that rank 4 is called "Party Popper Nimbus" instead of "Myrmidon's Skill IV"
  8. Riou EQResource

Think those are intended, some of them have other effects on the same line/spa, it's just ordered worst to best.
  9. Brudal Augur

Furious Rampage will still be preferred over Focused Rampage on single target encounters. Total swings and hits are less using Focused. Ran 2 short parses (10 minutes frozen buffs), same accuracy percentage; 300 fewer swings over 10 minutes.

I hear the monk focused version is 1/2 the aoe version.
  10. Vetplayer Elder

Cleric tanking AA
    "Negation of Subtlety" is removed.
    An AA to GET agro.

NOW there is an AA called " Spell Casting Subtlety : Enabled " where you make another hot key .

OK so the name is switched. cool .. I can live with that.

Click the hot key.. Disabled .. so now I can get agro again to tank using Clerics ability and ways of tanking. DS's ect.

Now then, Turn it back on.. Go to click the Hot Key .. and guess what.. Now I have to open Inventory, Find the AA.. Re -train it ( although it is free . 0 cost ) .. So I can go back to being a healer if I group.

OK. So I have to make another hot key to /doability 252? and to re-train it?

Um.. why the change? What is the benefit in doing all that work and changing something you gave us?
    That we BOUGHT with AA's. YOU SOLD US.. DISCRIBED TO US . Told us it would be this, if you pay this AA for it?

/whispers don't tell them I'm going to remove it in x amount of time /snicker !!!! /points and laughs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Cleric Invis.. Divine Peace.. Does not give us an Invis anymore.

That was our invis guys!
    Why would you take stuff from a class that after YEARS gets an invis click.. now they don't ?

I don't understand where you developers think its ok to nerf classes?
    It is a continuous pattern for you. This is your way to add AA's for the next few expansions?

Can't you be more creative in coding for something cool instead of fixing an AA we already bought? As described when buying it

BAIT AND SWITCH.
    That is all it ever is.. Bait and Switch.

These " Fixes " are generated from playing a progression server?
    I don't play those ' progression servers' they are NOT the old feal of EQ.
    Did you ever experienced personally the old days?

I love your work.. until it comes to these class nerfs.. You make people feel disappointed and wanting to search for a new game.

With this action. If I were your boss.. I would be having a serious chat with you right now. ASWELL as hiring others to put pressure on you. Do you EVEN HAVE a boss?
    I am sorry to sound rude but...
    I'm serious.
    You guys play with pullers, and healers.. Where is this going? what is the ' vision ' here?

I see the photo of the team on what was it, Twitter? .. I counted heads.. there must be $3000 per hr to pay those employees. or more.. and insurances.. building costs.. without the bills.. and development ect ect ect.

Couldn't you come up with something better then ' fixing bugs ' .. that nerf classes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Puller nerfs. ................... umm.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This. = NOT wanting to buy the next expansion.

vetplayer.
    Played from 10 days after live.

PS, WHY don't you post in THESE forums instead of always twitter. Holly and others??
    Twitter? Twitch ??

I asked a player .. did you see this post .. that post. Reply: " I'm to old for that kid stuff, Twitter "

There is one thing I learned about this game.. You guys sure know how to take our money.. time .. and effort.. but when it comes down to the treatment of players in the forums.. or class nerfs....

You get the idea right ;)?

Thank you for letting me post this one time.. probably my last.. due to the wrath of the magic soon to take place I'm sure.. /smack the hand don't do this.. that .. or the other.. read .. you broke this rule.. that rule..

OH boy if you only knew what I REALLY want to say.
  11. mackal Augur

Can we get a nice way to do like /alt buy <same code as activation code> so we can make nice hot buttons to switch from DPS and tanking sets? Like on my SHD I basically want to do: (note the first one does work)
    Code:
    /bandolier Activate DPS
    /alt act 793
    Code:
    /bandolier Activate tanking
    /alt buy 793
    Now /alt buy does appear to be an (undocumented?) command since I do get an error message.
  12. Rimelure Journeyman

You hit the nail on the head vetplayer. This is what they have been doing to wizards. Nerf force get us about 75% of the way back next expansion. Nerf ethereal rinse repeat. They have completely destroyed the Class this last expansion. I've played since 99. I've never rage quit. I'm considering hanging it up after this last slap in the face. It wasn't just a little nerf. It made us unplayable. I do hope the folks that wanted caster nerfs are happy it just made your raiding life that much harder.
  13. FixShamanPlease Elder

And Negation of Subtlety was insta clickable and visible in buffs!

Can we have it back??
    RPoo likes this.
  14. Vetplayer Elder

Ya , I'm done. I can not play the Cleric. I can't. Not like this. No way. There is no soloing a Cleric.. Running through Mobs.. half which see Invis.. anymore. I am not even going to get into it. It literally is 2 paragraphs of what I experienced tonight.. was total crap.

You think this is bad.. wait until next expansion. Grind another few months to fill in the gaps for this nerf.. NAH>> PASS!
    I'm good.

So what are you going to nerf next? What class will you work on now?
    What Class can I chose to heroic that you wont nerf in 1-2 yrs time from now? hmm??

/em puts hand to ear to listen to an answer!

This is the third time you did this to my toons.
    I have over 150 days gold on my account..keep it!
    I just hearoic'd a Bard.. F it. 35 bucks.. pffft

I just have a really crappy time playing EQ on my Maxed AA Cleric tonight.

I would rather play some stupid game for free then keep playing this game that Bait and Switches you. Those AA's you adjusted in this patch was told to us that they are a certain way.. and have been for YEARS.

EQ is like a chat room .. it is fantastic at that. I can get that from a chat room! Sorry, It is true!
    WITHOUT THE DRAMMA..
    WITHOUT THE NERFS!
    and FREEE

I don't like the fact they nerf us.. make us feel like we are gona re roll a different toon to start pulling with .( bard nerfs, As I have read in the forums). So they put Heroic toons on sale! Really??
    Do you think we are that stupid. WHATEVER YOUR REASONS WHY THEY ARE ON SALE.. really?!

If you players can not see that connection. You must be blinded/Bamboozled!!

I don't like the fact next expansion will definitely have AA's for extra EQUI_BuffWindow slots. cause of this ' fix' or patch. How much real estate will we have left to visually look out of?

NEXT WEEK'S PATCH NOTES:
    Players will be banned for using custom User Interfaces.
    Players will be banned for using custom map downloads.
    Players will be banned for using third party websites for information about EverQuest's Quests or Missions.

Players will be banned for zoning into a zone.. and starting to attack a mob.. OH wait! that is on the progression servers!
    ( No, I am not that guy )

Dead programming or ideas.. weak game.

Suspending / banning veteran players.. taking things away from vet players toons .. guarantee loss of population.

Lack of respect. lack of player base.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Warrior Bugs that are also Nerfs!:

Brace For Impact - Trigger effect no longer lasts for the full duration, but now has a 3 hit limit. This causes greater variation of incoming damage, the opposite of what you want in tanking. The ability was already somewhat inconsistent since it relies on being attacked to trigger and has a long cooldown. Since there's no notification in the patch notes, I can only assume this is a bug. If it is intentional, it's another terrible and unnecessary nerf.

Warlord's Tenacity - As reported in the Test thread, this ability's buff duration is still frozen in non-combat zones and you have instead halved it's duration. The buff used to last for 2 minutes, now only lasts for 1 minute.

Warlord's Grasp - I had this ability repeatedly fail to gravitate fleeing gray con enemies tonight. I saw both debuffs on the mob, the gravitate and the aggro lock components, but the mob just ran away. He ran instead of walking, the Grasp attempt seemed to give him a speed boost and bug him out. I didn't chase and decided to let the mob go, assuming that time and distance would clear aggro like it usually does. Any mob that I tried to Grasp, failed, and then allowed to live would then keep flickering onto aggro, showing up in my Extended Target Window and placing me in a combat state, then disappearing, then showing up again. Even using Howl of the Warlord (warrior fade) did not get rid of the bugged aggro, I had to camp to clear it an hour later. For the sake of repeatability, this happened in Hills of Shade with regards to sporali type mobs.
  16. Javakrash2014 New Member

With the devs Beimeith pocket, you should be back on easy street in no time... They might even toss in another nerf on the mages/necs for the inconvenience.
  17. Rimelure Journeyman

I doubt it sir. No one has been needed more than wizards in the last 2 years. This last nerf is a joke. I'm decent geared maybe 128kish buffed. I didn't even make it to 50% on vitio before going oom. All my spells nuked me I perpetually Ean a 20k dot on myself. Pd/ad/vd/SD whatever it is now is completely unusable. Basically we can't burn at all but hey at least there's 60 casts or whatever but you'll be oom after 15.
  18. Rimelure Journeyman

Nerfed not needed even
  19. Vetplayer Elder

20. Vetplayer Elder

Just deleted my main Cleric after over 10 yrs.
    Because of your patch. Maxed AA. Tomorrow will be more.