Update Bugs 09/23/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Bug with Item: Prismatic Ward AA line.

Current max Prismatic Ward obtainable in game is 17. The AA window is showing a max of 25 ranks but it's also boosting you to Rk 22/25 by clicking on the item with Rk 17. I *think* it's giving the proper stats but don't know why it's showing the weird ranking. It's also annoying having the best one and it showing it not maxxed :p Guess that's an OCD thing though.

My only thought is there were items in the same 'line' before the numbering and so it started counting from the original buffs? Idk.
  2. Oopity New Member

Negative, the only requirement for the Planar Stats (i.e. Planar Strength) before the patch was Planar Power 20, now if I want Planar Strength, I have to get Innate Strength 15 and possibly Planar Power 20 also. They are two different types of AA, one grants a stat, one increases a stat cap. As it is now, and has been for a while, stats are maxed by like level 50, rather easily. Why would I want to spend all the AA on innate strength when my strength is already capped when all I want is the cap increase?
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

This, the lines started back in GoD and the first 3 ranks of some buffs do not follow the uniform naming schema with the rank appended.
  4. Dzarn Developer

We've identified the cause of the bug where spells that have a recourse effect are causing triggered spells to target the caster rather than the caster's target. It stems from the changes made to combat skills that were failing to trigger a spell unless the caster had something targeted.

We've also identified and corrected the issue that caused 'Frenzied Kicks' to prevent 'Selo's Kick' from functioning as intended.

The fixes for these issues are slated to be pushed to test and likely live sometime tomorrow.
    Ishtass, Nniki, Tour and 4 others like this.
  5. Tadenea Augur

thats because of the other buffs that are lower then Prismatic Ward 1, if you look when you click
    Rank 1 is Soul Energy
    Rank 2 is Minor Ward
    Rank 3 is Eternal Ward
    Rank 4 is Chaotic Ward
    Rank 5 is Unliving Ward
    Rank 6 is Primatic Ward I

Alot of others have similiar
    Silv likes this.
  6. Jiggs Elder

Does that also address the issue of counters on Frenzied Devastation not counting down each time I cast an Ethereal nuke or both the spell and AA version of Twincast not going off with each nuke? Twincast was only firing about 80% of the time while testing full burn mode on a combat dummy.
  7. Tadenea Augur

Before Live patch rangers used to cast Invis vs Undead and use Cover Tracks for regular invis to get benefit of both, after Live Patch Cover Tracks will now remove our Invis vs Undead instead of stacking with it
    Is this intended?
  8. Dzarn Developer

Currently investigating the cause of these issues.
  9. Derd Augur

Thanks for the incoming fix for bards kick :) Dz
  10. Silentchaos Augur

Casting a beam with sustained devastation up that hits 12 targets consumes up to 12 counters. Casting a splash that hits 5 targets consumes up to 5 counters.

I hope this isn't intended.

Casting a single target ethereal consumes 0 or 1 counter.

All this on top of gutting our best disc has made wizards basically unplayable.
  11. maylay New Member

You can't have weapon damage be in the bonus damage calculation. It completely breaks things. Best weapon on Ragefire is now Weighted Axe.

Edit: I will add the qualifier that it is only the best weapon when fighting anything with the Mitigation of the Mighty buff, which is all raid bosses.
  12. Kinadorm Augur

It definitely was instant cast for shaman before this patch. I think the discrepancy is that shaman had an additional rank of the Shrink AA that is no longer there. This second rank had some nice advantages such as greater shrink percent and instant cast time. They need to add that second rank back to shaman.
  13. RPoo Augur

I liked negation of sutelty better as a buff. the enabling / disabling it is too complicated :(
    Brohg and Silv like this.
  14. Lighteningrod Augur

I stand corrected, I was thinking of Group Shrink. It's pretty lame, the Swarm Orb is better for double shrinking than the AA.
  15. Repthor Augur

Brace for Impact effect got changed from

Brace for Impact Effect: Eatch Proc Fades After Absorbing 16% of a maximum of 1500000 or the short buff timer runs out.
    TO
    Brace Guard X: Eatch Proc Fades After Absorbing 16% of a maximum of 1500000 or max of 3 hits or the buff timer runs out

this is a massive nerf/adjustment and noone bothered to tell us Warriors ??. is this intended os some weird mix up and if not why no word (
  16. Jaylin Augur

It's also got a pretty hefty duration reduction. 10 minutes max for the main buff now
  17. Repthor Augur

Dosent make up for the reduction. It whould last its full duration on its primary use "boss mobs". now with the hit counters it wont have a anywhere close to that as it dosent proc often enough to keep the buff up now . where it did b4. we are looking at a maybe 17% uptime of the proc buff where we if tanked 1 mob had a close to 100% uptime. Only to expire early if we here tanking multiple mobs due to the nature of the defensive proc buff- the diffrence is massive on a singel target cuz hit limit is not even one combat round as every boss mob qauds and it will eat a charge even if the mob kicks us for 1k hp
  18. Simone Augur

The new damage bonus tables have really messed up itemization on the Time-Locked Progression servers. Almost all 1 hand weapons have a damage bonus of 1 or 2 instead of the usual 8 at level 50. Most 2 hand weapons also so their damage bonus reduced. This is a huge problem for classes like warrior that depend on the damage bonus on their weapons to generate hate from swings to hold aggro.

Please implement a fix that restores old damage bonus tables on the Time-Locked progression tables, thanks.

Can make it so that the new tables come into effect when that server has 21 expansions enabled, change it to some kind of passive AA or whatever. However something really should be done as the current changes just abolished the way 1 hand damage bonus has worked for over 16 years.
  19. Jaylin Augur

i never said it made up for duration. I only said it lasted shorter... You didnt say that in the original, and i was adding to it, that it was also lasting less total time.
  20. Megaen Briteheart New Member

Quote: - Reviewed the majority of enemies in Call of the Forsaken and The Darkened Sea zones with regards to immunity to runspeed changes, mesmerization, stun, lull, charm, and fear, and removed or relaxed restrictions on most NPCs.

My group attempted to complete the mission Burden of the Past in Degmar, the Lost Castle this evening. Previously, our level 105 (14.25k AAs) enchanter and our level 105 bard (max AAs) had few problems mezzing these yellow-con mobs, even if it took a cast of Tashani or malo to get it to stick. As of the patch, these TDS mobs are not mezzing under any circumstances, no matter how debuffed. This mission does not appear to give its NPCs relaxed restrictions.

It has been awesome for my husband's bard and my enchanter to be important to groups in Everquest again after many years of being irrelevant. Please fix this instance and any other similar situations before you disgust these classes completely.