Update Bugs 07/01/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Gremin Augur

I click on the brew barrel in efp at the Traders holiday and I can pick it up and put it in my bags...
  3. Gremin Augur

Lendel is missing in Rivervale, rogues can not turn in their newbie note.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Super minor bug:

[Thu Jul 02 19:46:23 2015] Omani Winter has planted a banner in Nagafen's Lair 26300!

Note the number 26300 at the end of the emote. This is when placing a banner in the Nagafen the Ancient expedition raid. Bertoxx server. Eastern Daylight Time (USA).
  5. Ferry-Tunare Augur

That number will also show as the zone in the guild management window. Carry over from the progression server fun.
  6. Makavien Augur

Plane of War: Katka's Cause
    This step is bugged and not combining

Once you have 10x "Narikor Iron Ore", combine them in the "Narikor Ore Bucket"

I am getting the message - You can not combine these items in this container type.

Ok I zoned and one of the ores appeared on my cursor and I was able to combine.
  7. kals owns New Member

Raid expedition: Nagafen The Ancient Potential lockouts issue.

When the dragon is alive and you attempt to dzadd a player with a lockout you get the message that they can't join..but as soon as the dragon dies you can add those people with lock outs into the instance and it does not update the added players lockout timer to the current instance lockout.

Please confirm if this is as intended or a bug to be avoided.
  8. svann Augur

The L83 wizard trap spell Crystallizing Circle has no graphic after it is placed.
    Contrary to the description, this is a snare trap spell. You can place it on the ground and for the next 2 ticks anything that runs over it will get snared (yes, snared not rooted). But the placed trap has no graphic so we cant see where we need to pull the mobs to trigger it and we cant see when it ends. Its a spell with enough limitations already (2 tick trap duration, 2-3 tick snare), so you dont need to make it even more difficult by making it invisible to the caster.
  9. Iila Augur

Lockouts aren't there to prevent people from being added to get loot. They're there to prevent people from being able to participate in the event multiple times.

Being able to add people with lockouts after an event has been beaten is normal DZ behavior.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  10. rune00 Augur

Swarm Pets don't respect the Puller flag.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Use a level 105 dark elf shadow knight.with a Wiz merc
    2. Group has a level 105 enchanter with a healer merc.
    3.Group has a level 105 Druid with a Wiz merc.
    4. The Shadow Knight is the group leader and Mark him as Main Tank, Main Assist and Puller
    5. Set the shadow knights Pet to guard here.
    5. pull something and cast visage of death and the chattering bones to get a few swarm pets up
    6. Kill the mob you pulled quickly so the swarm pets don't die
    7. now run away to pull something else, notice that the shadow knights PET (and the merces) stays put
    but the swarm pets FOLLOW him on the pull. (they should stay put and respect puller flag cause they mess up the pull by engaging the mob in the field)
  11. rune00 Augur

Corpses don't decay properly when rezzed in hovermode and having /hidecorpse always turned on.

Problem description:
    When you have done /hidecorpse always and you die,and then get a rez while in hovermode
    your corpse will not decay it just is left where you died, and you can target it.
    if you try to manually /decay it, you will just be told is not a valid corpse.

What is expected:
    When rezed corpse should "go away"

Step to reproduce:
    1. type /hidecorpse always
    2. Die.
    3. get a rez while in hovermode
    4. accept it
    5. Notice that your corpse is still there and its not valid anymore. cant con it etc.
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. porky Augur

Lady Vox is not spawning in the Old Man McKinzie Raid on live servers
  13. Sancus Augur

This is how swarm pets have always worked. You are not intended to be able to control them.
  14. rune00 Augur

Doesn't matter to me if that's how it's "always" have been, every other pet and merc respect the Puller flag, and so should they.

I'm not trying to control them.

Maybe it's like extremely difficult to fix so it can't be done and that's why it has never been fixed? I have no idea but if anyone can fix it it's hludwolf...
    If it can't be fixed I request a new command /killswarmpets so I can dismiss them before I pull.
  15. Sancus Augur

Pets do not respect the puller flag. You can control your main pets using focus, hold, ghold, guard, etc, but they don't pay any attention to the puller flag.

And I'll reiterate: you are not intended to be able to make your swarm pets not attack. Mages have been having the issue for years where AEs would go off in raids and all of their swarm pets would B-line for the wrong mob (and swarm pets were, therefore, banned on those raids). I'd love for them to not do that, but the devs have repeatedly said that they do not plan to allow players any extra control over swarm pets. Having the pets not attack when you are marked as puller would do exactly that: allow for extra control.
    Iila likes this.
  16. rune00 Augur

When I'm marked as puller I expect everything else to stay put or it's a useless feature and I will report it as bugged.
  17. Iila Augur

Group roles are for mercs and players.

A puller dragging swarm pets around the complaining about them is very much on learn2everquest side of working as intended. Pet control comes from players using the right settings and AAs. Your normal pet doesn't respect puller either, but it does respect greater hold and pet focus.

I'm sure an SK being unable to control chattering bones will be the impetus for pet AAs to work on swarm pets, after years of mages asking for that ability.
  18. rune00 Augur

I couldn't care less how change comes about. I have now reported this as bugged. If it's not fixed at least I did my part.
    On another note hludwolf wasn't a dev years ago so who knows maybe he can fix it and will?

I have no idea but at least I have hereby let him know I feel it's a problem, and it's awesome if mages have been complaining about this for years as well that just adds more weight to my report...
  19. segap Augur

Ever think that that's a trade off for using swarm pets? They're not fully functional pets and if they were to be made so, they'd be over powered.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  20. svann Augur

Guys, this forum isnt meant for back and forth discussions.