Update Bugs 04/02/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you need a skill of 100 to do those combines even though the trivial is listed at 15. Lots of the 1.5 quests have a combine of 15 trivial but 100 skill needed,
  2. Emarinn Elder

Thanks, Waring. I'll skill up to 100 and give the combines a go.
  3. Emarinn Elder

So, now I feel silly. I did have to skill up to 100 in order to make the combines.
  4. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

Suppressed Etheric Mindlock Robe does not extend Illusions of Grandeur AA like the focus claims.

The point blank AE mezz enchanters get call Perilous Disorientation will not let you cast the spell if you have yourself targeted. You get the message "That spell can not affect this target PC." Well it's not a targeted spell.

The enchanter AA Glyph spray will not cast if you have an NPC targeted. It gives you the error message "This spell only works on other PCs." Well it's just an AE spell rune.. who cares who or what I have targeted?
    RPoo likes this.
  5. KC13 Augur

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this as I'm not sure when this possible bug appeared. The Vah Shir Bard class quest results in a Lute of the Jharin Apprentice. Some time ago, I noticed that this lute was not equip-able on my level 21 Bard on a silver account. Last October, I did this quest line on another Bard, this time on a gold account, and the lute WAS equip-able. I recently allowed the account to slip back to silver due to personal issues, and upped it back to gold within the past month. Now the lute is NOT equip-able on this gold account Bard. I have also noticed that many, many instruments are also not equip-able on this Bard now. There may be some kind of issue on silver accounts preventing some instruments from being equipped, and this issue/flag or whatever becomes permanently attached to Bards if an account reverts to silver status.

EDIT: Just tried equipping the red title items, and they equip, the title then turns green and remains green after returning items to inventory. WEIRD!:D
  6. KC13 Augur

Further to the above post. This is indeed a strange occurrence. In inventory or while searching the Bazaar with both primary and secondary slots full, many instruments show with a red title. If you empty both slots, the items still show as red, but are equip-able at which point the titles turn green. They remain green when returned to inventory, but turn red again if the primary and secondary slots are again filled. This is a real problem when searching the bazaar for items which may or may not equip when purchased. Very, very strange!!
  7. Tobynn Augur

^ Bards cannot equip more than one instrument at a time. Red item name indicates cannot equip.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea seems low level zone have a crap load of mobs. went to commonlands and it crazy because the guards are killing the mobs but theres so many of them there just running all over the place. doing collection quest.

Andarriel
  9. Jondalar Augur

This is not working at all that i can see. Have whirligig and emp mounts on some toons. Previously both the nightmare steed and umbral selyrah saddle became "very fast" mounts once i used the faster ones. Now none of them do. Same for Thulian bracelet of the severed hand.
  10. Uuvin Augur

as stated twice here already, specifically innothule where I hunt sometimes for trolls, the place is packed. it messes up tracking, some mobs I can stand next to and not get on the tracking list ( previously they were on tracking list and I used them to determine what other mobs were new to the zone or in close proximity). If this is going to be the new norm, please let us know. I will need to develop new tactics.
  11. Teslin Journeyman

I still cannot do the 'No Heroism without Fear' (j5 merc quest for HC) quest on my 85 HC druid - which is both an upgraded, long existing, toon and has had its gender and name changed right after the upgrade to HC. Note - there were never any instructions that you can't do that - and I reported that circumstance a while back to the dev who was collecting info so the general problem with gold/upgraded toons for this quest might be fixed. The account the toon is on - not this one - has all expansions and is gold. I thought that a fix had been put in for this problem?

I get the quest start text from the first inspector, and a quest text box opens (closes again when I move) to tell me to go see Vekmar (2nd inspector) but the text never goes to my quest list, Vekmar won't speak to me, inspecting the merc corpse does nothing but say what it is, killing the wraiths makes no difference. Tried to put in a petition but the form is malfunctioning still.
  12. Teslin Journeyman

Can't edit above post apparently. Wanted to add that 2 other HC toons - with no name or gender changes but upgraded from existing lower level toons - on 2 other accounts (both gold with all expansions) ARE now able to get the same quest that the above mentioned toon (with gender and name change) is not able to get.
  13. Kendoll Journeyman

During "The Hills are Alive" if you're supposed to rescue the bunnies and the ogre NPCs are near them you can't rescue them. The bunnies think the ogre NPCs are monsters and you can't free them by hailing them. They give the "can't move with the monsters around it" message even after killing everything in the instance. I don't know if this just started but I'm just now noticing it. Have to drop instance and get another until that step changes.
  14. Jondalar Augur

Anyone else having this problem? I've has a few friends test as well and every non very fast mount continues to get the "fast" not "very fast" buff as the mount regardless of previously clicking a whirligig or emp mount.
    Any intent on fixing this? The "fix" that just came out broke the existing parts of this that worked.
  15. RPoo Augur

Enchanter issue.
    Mobs in the new plane of war zone that are "immune to base-damage reduction effects." are eating the timer for mental contortion AA instead of giving the "Your ability failed. Timer has been reset." Do not like!
  16. guado Augur

Not sure if this is server wide or not, but on Povar, the boat to Timorous Deep is bugged. Right when you would usually zone into TD, it gives the "this zone is not ready for visitors yet please try again in a few moments."

Well, I tried two additional times after that... first time with lev, second and third time without lev.

It looks like a boat is stuck at the zone line, yet another boat comes to the dock and collides with the bugged boat, bugging out the zone transition from SRo to TD.

Not a huge deal, I can complete An Epic Request by going to TD thru Butcher :eek: just a minor detour~
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

13th Anniversary Mission

Summoning the Master (Group) from Sam Napth in Plane of Knowledge.

Mission needs a minimum of 3 people and should be locked so it cannot be got with less than 3 people or the clicking of the dagger needs to have a longer limit so that you can do it with less than 3 people. I kept getting the message. :(

Clicked in Entry Hall and got the same yellow text as the click in the Garden.

Having to wait for the timer on the dagger to refresh is too long to do it with any less than 3 players. Task locks at the beginning so no chance to add anyone to get the task finished, so I've just wasted over an hour. :(

Needs to be changed one way or the other to stop people wasting time like I have this afternoon.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

13th Anniversary task Improper Boating Attire:

[Tue Apr 22 15:44:17 2014] Your task 'Improper Boating Attire' has been updated.
    [Tue Apr 22 15:44:40 2014] A horrid sea monster attacked your sea vessel, and you've been washed ashore. You've woken up, in a fair amount of pain but still in one piece. As are the gray gloves. You should take a look around and get your bearings.
    [Tue Apr 22 15:44:41 2014] A strange magical presence prevents you from entering. It's too dangerous to enter at the moment.
    [Tue Apr 22 15:44:41 2014] Your task 'Improper Boating Attire' has been updated.
    [Tue Apr 22 15:45:07 2014] You no longer have a target.
    [Tue Apr 22 15:45:16 2014] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Tue Apr 22 15:45:32 2014] You have entered Barren Coast.

I was riding the ship Wind Dancer and the instance was not ready, so it just fails to put you in the instance and instead zones you over to the Barren Coast. There is no message about what is going on that you failed to enter the instance and have to go back to The Buried Sea and either ride Wind Dancer again or use the rowboat.

Since the Wind Dancer seems to fail like this, why not just remove the option and instructions to board the Wind Dancer and just have people use the rowboat?
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Another option is to just have the instance begin to spool up when you complete step:

Arrive at the Buried Sea and go to the Wind Dancer's dock with the gloves 0/1 (The Buried Sea)

Thus, it would be ready when you need it.

Sorry for another post but the 30 minute edit time on the above post ran out.
  20. Chandrok Augur

The 'fast' and 'very fast' terms in the spell effect description can no longer be used to tell the speed of a mount, though the speed is actually increasing. Unfortunately since this change took place, there is no player facing method for judging the speed of your mount other than "racing" a player with a mount known to be the fastest speed.