Update Bugs 03/25/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Fenudir Augur

Seeing as how the crashing issues seems to be a common complaint among my guildies, I can't believe that not one person reported crashes on Test. In fact, I recall people mentioning crashes though I will admit that I don't recall the details.

The more complex the system, the greater amount of care that needs to be put into the usability of the software. Tool tips are development 101. In fact, if your internal QC department is worth their salt, they should have provided feedback considering the inconsistency in the tooltips.
  2. Hludwolf Developer

There were crashes, and the ones that were reported were fixed. It was announced weeks ago on test and on the forums that all of the known bugs were fixed and to report anything new/old that was found.

As for the tool tips, what specifically did you notice that was wrong?
  3. Fenudir Augur

Basically, they're not there. In the screenshot below you can see the tooltip for "Need" that appears when I mouse over "ND". Great. the problem is that there is no tooltip for Action or for Status. The end user is left guessing what these statuses mean.

This is what I'm saying your internal QC should have caught immediately. The tooltips may be development 101 but checking tooltips is QC 101.

[IMG]
  4. Toxn Lorekeeper

im geting this bug also! it really sucks waiting 15minute with als turned off
    Silv and Yinla like this.
  5. Parts Journeyman

Not a bug really, but is there no option anymore to link all the items or even link per item from a corpse(s)? Been a few times i've wanted to LINK ALL like normal and get left all confused looking around for the button to do it lol.

Also having to type /advloot to re-loot corpses that have been killed with advloot on can get annoying instead of just clicking the corpse to open it again, minor inconvenience but its annoying when you're so used to a simple right click, and having to make another hotkey just to re-loot stuff or type it every time, no way to combine normal right click looting and this new one to do the same?

And about looting distance, it almost seems like a cheat with how you can take items off a corpse without having to be within normal looting distance, could I not go to a zone like say Vex Thal with a twink in my group and leave it at the zone in and go to the end and kill the bosses and be able to easily loot with the twink without having to risk dragging the twink through there? pretty cool if so, I can think of lots of instances where looting from a distance could come in handy like that. Or places where you could kill a mob in a crowd and be able to take the loot and scoot without being in danger of being in loot range and agroing other things.

thanks.
  6. lancelove Augur

I discovered that when you purchase the special aa "glyph of indeterminable reward and unfathomable reward" the points you spent on the aa get deducted from your assigned aa total once you activate the glyphs. I was unaware that glyph costs were deducted from your assigned aa total, is that working as intended? You earned the exp. to purchase the aa so why is it deducted from your lifetime total?
  7. smash Augur

You misread the thing.

There 2 lines, assigned and spent.

When you buy a glyph to example 5 AA, then you add 5 aa to the assigned amount,
    and when you then use it, it deducts the 5 AA from assigned because it is no longer assigned)
    and adds those 5 to spent.
  8. Crystilla Augur

For point #1 - If you have 'group by NPC' selected as an option, you right click on the name (right side of that shared loot window) and it gives you option to link all. From what I understand however, if there are multiples of an item, only one shows on the link.

For #2 - ?

For #3 - You can't receive loot if you're no where near the corpse, you'll see a red lock icon over the loot so will have to get in range and click on that corpse to loot. This is only if you, as you said, have a char way far away.
  9. Y_do_U_hate_Melee New Member

The 2H melee weapons are currently missing a type 3 augment slot and a second type 8 augment slot. Caster 2H weapons already have this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sometimes you are awarded a no drop loot item direct to your bags and not have to click anything, other times you have to click the green tick.

A little consistency would be nice.

Auto show loot was switched off in both cases, one was a no drop ring the other a no drop belt.
  11. Croak Augur

Galdorin Visigothe needs to sing his song for the Anniversary much more frequently or have a way to trigger it
    You can stand next to him for 3hrs+ waiting for him to sing it just once.. I have logs :(

It would also help if he announces the song a few seconds before he actually starts, and for other NPCs to be quiet when he is singing.

The balance for lv90 Timorous Deep seems about right though some might still struggle with the named without a real tank with maxed gear/AA for level.
    The TD mission can sometimes not award Commemorative coins

Dropping lv100 poison components in a lv90 mission is a bug, and would welcome lots more drops from the mobs - not even coin.
  12. Angahran Augur

Same here, really annoying having to click yes to a box saying you will lose access to something you don't even have turned on.
    Also, what is a constructed loot list ? why does joining a group mean you lose access to it ? and couldn't this popup be made to a) not show up when advanced looting is turned off and b) not show up if there is nothing in the constructed loot list ?

On different note, I see you can set the role of master looter in the group window but I don't see any new icon added to show who is the master looter (maybe a money bag or something).
  13. fortuneteller Augur

14. suds New Member

Bug? Getting "Your campsite is in an area that cannot be teleported to" for Fellowship campsite in Gloomingdeep... was working fine around a week ago
  15. JChan Developer

It's not true. The decision of if the system is turned on or off is controlled by who the calculated master looter is.

The master looter is picked by following this hierarchy listed in this post: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/advanced-loot-known-issues.219034/#post-3190162
  16. JChan Developer

Thanks for the report. The text will be fixed in the next scheduled update.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Last night the raid leader, who very specifically tried to turn off the ADV loot system, broke open a chest.

The loot system still activated, locking the chest, at 15 minutes, the loot system auto-rolled, assigned, and gave loot to someone who was AFK (his housemate was also in raid to confirm)

I really hope CS will help with failures like this, people don't need 3 raid bracers.
  18. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Between his songs drink a Brasse's Bitter Brew and throw the bottle at him, it makes him sing it the next time he sings.
    At least it worked for me, I made him sing it 4 times in a row
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On AB when you start killing Rend in the Grounds it becomes invisible. the corpse is also invisible apart from the name of the corpse!
  20. ZeeZer0 Journeyman

It's absolutely true that we had several items autolooted with advloot turned off by master looter.....
    I'm not making it up.
    Last night our raid leader decided to use the advloot feature. We had told all members to turn off the feature and turn off any auto loot options. At 15 minutes while distributing loot, the chest unlocks, you get a message stating that the remaining items haven't been chosen for need or greed and they are free loot.
    At that point loot winners had to loot the chest and raid leader couldn't distribute using the advloot feature anymore.
    There are a lot of issues with this tool and raiding. If you take your time distributing loot, there's just way to many variables where it can go wrong.
    Anyway, I'll get off my soap box as it sounds like this is here to stay and working as intended....