Update Bugs 03/25/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

Which checkboxes specifically?
    Thanks
  2. Crystilla Augur

This relates to the NPC's and their wares.

Brewmaster Berina - she still has a bunch of smithing items on her (on top of the correct brewing items).
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Entire raid is set to loot in the raid manager, only raid leader can loot now
  4. Hludwolf Developer

Using the advanced system, the raid's master looter (by default the raid leader) distributes loot accumulated by the raid. You can set things to free grab if you want players to make their own selections.

With no advanced looting, it works as before.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So the entire raid setting in the raid manager is useless now? It should over ride the loot system
  6. Hludwolf Developer

Right now they are separate systems. Potentially, we could make it auto free grab the items if that is set to entire raid (or something similar).

For now:
    Advanced looting: set master looter
    Non advanced looting: use the looter settings in raid.
  7. Quatr Augur

The patch notes read "Removed the knockback effect from Dragon Punch AA procs". However, the in-game description of this AA still mentions "the chance to automatically perform a Knockback".
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When joining groups I keep getting a pop up box about losing access to all items in the constructed loot list....I don't have a loot list I've turned the new loot system off!

How can I lose access to something I don't have? It also times out if you don't click yes in a few seconds

How do I get rid of having to click an extra yes to join a group?
    Angahran likes this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

the ND GD NO, etc. checkboxes were the ones triggering crashes.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

First time trying the new loot system out to get a feel for it I went to Zeka and killed a bunch of mobs. I was in the process of clicking NG for things and about the 8th item in I crashed to desktop with the Crash Notification window up. I entered the details and submitted it.
    This is on a comp in which EQ never ever crashes.
    The majority of the UI is default with some customization here and there for a few elements. (Naturally anything related to the new loot windows is stock).
  11. Zoricx Journeyman

Bug: Caster mercs stop DPS'ing when a mage Remoresless Servant takes aggro on a mob.
  12. Viscosity New Member

Love the new loot feature. Has changed my life. Wish I had it years ago. Probably had left millions of plat rot on the ground during my lesson burns.
  13. patto New Member

After patch,need to wait about 20 mins to loot rotting corpse now,really too much compare to about 5 mins before patch.
    Yinla and Silv like this.
  14. Silv Augur

Even with the new system completely "off", raid chests (and I'm guessing all corpses) are still locked for 15 minutes.
  15. Muji Augur

"- Monk - Removed the knockback effect from Dragon Punch AA procs. Additionally removed the option to create an activation button for this ability because it is a passive effect."

If you remove the knockback from dragon punch then what is the skill for? Knockback was the only thing it does. Now my dragon punch key is worthless, it procs the skill still but has no knockback. If you dont want us to have knockback then just remove the skill and refund the AA cost.
  16. Crystilla Augur

We tested this in an open zone. Was using the loot system for a while then turned it off. Once we turned it off we were immediately able to loot our individual kills.

That said ... don't forget when this system isn't in use, the original raid system is what takes precedence, so make sure you have your regular raid loot type set to whatever you use (entire raid or something else). Otherwise, you will have a long timer.
  17. Tobin Augur

new loot system - set to auto loot - bodies with no loot do not disappear right away if /hidecorpse looted is set
  18. Fenudir Augur

Last night we were trying to figure out how to set up the new loot system. I was selecting what I thought were greed rolls (by the way, tool tips on what the various symbols mean would be nice!). My client kept crashing repeatedly on both toons that I was running about every other click - and this is on a box that uses 100% default UI and never crashes. I finally got to the point where the only way that I could play was to ignore loot and minimize the loot box.

The interface needs to be completely reworked to be intuitive and the code needs serious work to be made more stable. Right now it looks and feels like alpha release software.
  19. Hludwolf Developer

Use /hidecorpse listedunlocked
  20. Hludwolf Developer

There are two issues right now and there should be a hotfix for them soon. One has to due with the check box that is affecting a few players that was never reported on test. The other has to do with even fewer players' windows not re-sizing properly.

Also, a system this complex is not going to be intuitive for everyone. But once you understand how all of the various bits and pieces work, that will help. Learning new systems can be challenging.