Update Bugs 02/25/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Feb 25, 2015.

1. guado Augur

The tradeskill vendors are indeed horribly messed up. Standing at each vendor for 10+ seconds for all the items to load? I know this is EverQuest but I don't think this is what Verant had in mind...
    Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  2. Iila Augur

You're right.
    Far too convenient for what was done by Verant/989, the vendors and tradeskill containers are even in the same zone.
    Kollin, PrathunEQ and Lisandra like this.
  3. Hludwolf Developer

This is not a live issue (advanced looting isn't on live yet). Please be sure to post in the correct thread.
  4. Lisandra Augur

Hey Hludwolf, did you or Aristo have a chance to look at Cleansing the Grounds yet today?
  5. Axxius Augur

Thank you for adding (back) the zonewide warning emotes to Arx Mentis raid 1 and the Ghost of Tita event.

However:

Code:
    [Sun Mar 01 18:50:29 2015] !Dueceduece feels faint claws scraping their skin. It begins to grow stronger.
    [Sun Mar 01 18:50:29 2015] !Dueceduece feels faint claws scraping their skin. It begins to grow stronger.
    1. Messaging bug with the '!' character.
    2. This exposes the known design flaw: multiple Magios can target the same player. In the above example 3 of them. Which means a guaranteed death to the target. Could you please make sure they target different players? And yes, there were a lot more than 3 players engaging the mobs at that point.

And another messaging bug:
    Code:
    [Sun Mar 01 18:54:55 2015] a_praetor_august_magio01 unleashes a Pillar of Claws on Rivitt.
  6. Prathun Developer

Regarding the Cleansing the Grounds PDM, can you please list specifics or link to them?
  7. Lisandra Augur

Prathun -

- Cleansing the Grounds - Reduced the HP of infected NPCs by 20%. - Not sure if that is enough because of the massive amount of mobs & the total chaos of them spawning all over the place. There aren't that many main bards left & very few enchanters so crowd control is scarce.
    - Cleansing the Grounds - Reduced the number of waves of infected NPCs that try to infect the lake. - Most players in the modern age aren't going to invest 1.5 to 2 hours for constant fails so this really needs to be adjusted. An option to reset and try again would be really good here along with narrowing the amount of mobs over all and making them spawn in a more specific space. See above about crowd control.
  8. Lisandra Augur

As it stands we've (a group of experienced players at 105 with various raid gear from COTF for most of us) ran it 7 times & failed each time at that step and then when you fail the task drops and you can't reset to try again. It doesn't specify what to do with the extra campfires (everyone in task gets one) and there doesn't seem to be any sort of logic to the infected spawns as far as where they spawn or the pattern at which they arrive at the lake. So you could theoretically engage 10 of them & another 1 or 2 roamers would come along, get into the lake & then the task fails.
    Riou likes this.
  9. Tobin Augur

In the AA Window in the UI the cost of Merc AAs does not blank out when max level in an AA is reached - This is inconsistent with how all the other AAs act in the other tabs for the AA Window.
  10. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Can we get this thread split out into test and live please?

It is getting very confusing, or are these missions now on live?
  11. Lisandra Augur

There's no need to split it. If it doesn't apply to Live servers at the moment, it will soon. If it's confusing you then just ignore it & refer back to it later.
  12. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

Ok so just finished doing the grounds mission (Of course I lost.) But, as it stands now, I find it perfectly doable.

You will have to have a Mained Enchanter. Bard mez an't going to hack it. You'll also have to have a pusher.. Something like a Ranger or Sk too boot the mobs into a pile so chanter can keep them locked without having to Run too much. Finally you'll have to have one or two people who can burn down the mezing mobs as fast as possible.

Or, Have a bard/Ranger etc run around like a crazy person tagging everything then kitting it till the burn squad can deal with them.

Hard.. Yes.. But I don't think this is impossible anymore.

I'm going to hold off on suggesting any tweeks till I've made a few more run throughs. As it stands it would mostly be nit-picking stuff anyway.
  13. Tobin Augur

Old bug... In the inventory window if you edit the XML file and remove the "crystals" off the first tab to any other tab, they wont update the displayed amounts correctly. Many UI designers would want to place the "crystals" on the Alt. Currency tab.
  14. Zujilli Elder

Can we get an update about what is going on with this please?
  15. Tobin Augur

ok - Not really a bug but an inconsistency - when you zone into the guild hall (old) you get a message of where the guild portal is set to - but when you zone into the new guild hall you don't get that message.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Tobin Augur

players/pets/mercs are showing that are AFK in the Guild Lobby even with the three settings set to not show them in the options window.
  17. Mugsie Elder

Arx Raid 1 hotfix:
    Praetor Captain Tita (Raid) - Fixed an error that was causing her to cast the wrong spells on the wrong targets and preventing the Slapstick achievement from being completed. She will now correctly use her ability Shield Sweep, which does damage in a forward arc and a little knockback.

Shield Sweep didn't appear to do anything and was RARELY cast.

Mugs
  18. Joeleigh New Member

I was wondering, is there any chance that the names in Everquest can be updated? I requested a name that I have wanted for a long time--well over a year +. When I petitioned I was told the name should be available and told to file a bug report. Do names get released from canceled accounts? Are they forever gone when they are used once? I would think names should be available for recycle if after a set period of time the character is not used.
    Silv and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  19. Silv Augur

Unfortunately, you thought wrong. If someone had a Lv 10 character with your desired name on your particular server, but let's say- hasn't logged in since 2001... too bad! The official policy (or unofficial-official policy as idunno if it was ever explicitly written somewhere) is that once a name is taken, it's taken, doesn't matter how long it's been since they logged in, how long you've had your name (if you server Xfer'd), or whatever else. Now, prior to the recent CS nerf, I'd say you could still get lucky if you got a nice GM, did your homework (who has your name/if they are even around) in your petition, and weren't a complete jerk about it. The GM would check on the character in question and using their judgement, would grant your request or tell you to jump in The Hole. With the updated CS policy I don't think anyone will have that luxury ever again. Not really a bug though so may be worth a thread somewhere else.
  20. Axxius Augur

Code:
    [Sun Mar 08 21:25:03 2015] Principal Indagatrix Lucia shouts 'Your time has ended, Maha! I come for you!'
    Maha is a mage pet. The hotfix notes said Lucia wasn't supposed to come after pets anymore. She still does.

Also, another case of 3x Magio emotes at the tank in AM1. Looks like the Magios use assist aggro to choose targets for their emotes, or something like that. The first tank who AE aggroes the starting squad seems to always get the first emote from all Magios. After that they get more spread out, but still often target tanks, including multiple emotes at the same player. Please change it to random targets.

Also, in AM5 (Calix/Lanys) after the hotfix, if Lanys is not killed by the time Una does her AE, Lanys remains aggro and stays in the Extended Target window despite being FD on the floor and inactive.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.