Update Bugs 01/20/2016

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jan 20, 2016.

1. RPoo Augur

There's a spot in Demiplane of life and Demiplane of Decay in both the instances and the static zone that allows a toon to drop under the world and see 90% of the zone from below. Makes it really easy to spot those collects ;)
  2. Stell_CT Elder

We did this event again tonight. No corpse, No augs. That is 3 times now. Enchanter got the Kill shot if maybe that matters.
  3. Mojoslinger Elder

We just did the Final raid and her corpse poofed instantly with no eyes / Augs I seriously think at this point you guys need to just put the augs in the chest =P
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Deillusional Augur

Put them in chest and remove the corpse script, what's the point of it on success anyhow?
  5. Deillusional Augur

We have an individual who has the achievement Greater Spirit Shield (The 16 spirit of influences) but no flag for it, so he is unable to zone in instance without being piggied. GMs wont give the flag or reset the achievement so he can reget it. So he is stuck in limbo. We need the achievement system to grant the flag automatically if the person doesn't have it or a way for GMs to reset the achievement, so we can reget the flag.

This is a copy of his petition:
    Hello !
    I finished the Raid flag for Greater Spirit Armor (Raid) on 10th Jan 2015 according to the achievement. However it seems the game is not recognizing it as get the following message ingame today being in Crypt of Sul : [Sun Jan 17 20:38:10 2016] You do not meet the requirements for this zone. You will be removed in two minutes.
    Please check the flag and fix it if possible.
    This is GM Dunbar. I'm sorry to hear that your achievements are not updating for completing tasks in The Broken Mirror expansion. Regrettably if these achievements are bugged and not working properly our dev team will need to correct the problem on on a global scale. Please submit a bug report so that this can be investigated by our QA and Dev teams so this can be corrected. Bug reports can be made in game by typing the command /bug and then filling out the appropriate information. These reports go directly to our QA Team for testing and then to our Development Team for correction, if a bug is found. While these submissions don't receive replies in the same manner as a petition, rest assured that they are reviewed regularly by the members of our development team that are responsible for future changes and bug fixes. You can also visit our bug tracking website at https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and post the bug there. At this time as this pertains to new content we will be unable to progress any achievements if they are not updating properly. I apologize for any inconvenience that this problem may have caused. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!
    Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    EverQuest
    Hello GM Dunbar !
    The achievement updated, however it seems the game did not correctly provided the flag for the raid instance.
    Could you please reset the achievement to 0 / 16 and reimburse the 16 raid flags, so i can try again to get it hoping it provides the flag correctly this time ?
    This is GM Dunbar. Uur dev team will need to correct the problem on on a global scale. Please submit a bug report so that this can be investigated by our QA and Dev teams so this can be corrected. Bug reports can be made in game by typing the command /bug and then filling out the appropriate information. These reports go directly to our QA Team for testing and then to our Development Team for correction, if a bug is found. While these submissions don't receive replies in the same manner as a petition, rest assured that they are reviewed regularly by the members of our development team that are responsible for future changes and bug fixes. You can also visit our bug tracking website at https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and post the bug there. At this time as this pertains to new content we will be unable to progress any achievements if they are not updating properly. I apologize for any inconvenience that this problem may have caused. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel fre to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!
    Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    EverQuest
  6. Sindaiann Augur

That's a normal response these days. Have to wait for a dev to correct it. Make sure it's posted in dashboard and bug reported. I think your signature describes this issue very well, "Always Ignored."

:)
  7. Makavien Augur

This is kinda design flaw and maybe a bug - Plane of health when killing the dervishes they can charm you no matter if you plan ahead and use bard resist songs , they also remove perfected levitation and run you off the cliff killing you making your corpse only retrievable by corpse summoning .

These are raid geared toons - I can only imagine how annoying this could be for a group it is a very bad design of group mechanics.

Especially for an entry level zone.

A lucent presence is one of the npcs I am talking about.

The fun of everquest has always been things were overwhelmingly hard when we didn't know anything or plan ahead but, once we learned all the mechanics and used the proper things to counter the bad stuff it was not that difficult.

The current design strategy making things completely unavoidable no matter what you try to do is just making things annoying and not fun.
    Koryu likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Has this person accepted the reward for the Greater Spirit Shield achievement? From what I understand, the flag that allows you to zone in is given as a reward. You need to accept it.

Of course, if that person already has 10 stored rewards and zoned without accepting this reward then he is screwed and will be a perma-piggy.
  9. Deillusional Augur

He says he has, but hes a bard so who knows. He want through the tasks rewards he had up and he didnt have more than 10. But I guess he is screwed unless he gets a GM who is willing to reset his achievement or with some dev help.
    roguerunner and Terminat like this.
  10. Makavien Augur

If you get to 16/16 and you received that while in a raid it does require you to zone to actually be considered as flagged and it may even take logging. Not sure how long its been or anything but just adding that for those that don't know that.
  11. HrothgarrTheMage New Member

As has been posted about before, I'm here to post about Companion's Provocative Demeanor as I do NOT think the fine people at Daybreak know what they did or the damage they caused. On the surface, I understand the update: allow players the ability to choose the amount of agro a pet causes. So, for example, a necro can use his pet while kiting without fear that his pet is going to pull the agro from him. Cool! However, the AA rarely- if ever- works and, more importantly, DOES NOT WORK on swarm or AA pets. This means that from now on, any pet class with a swarm line of pets CAN NOT use them to off tank mobs- the result is catastrophic and crippling! I brought my level 101 Air pet who cons yellow to me at level 101 and has- roughly- 85% of pet AA's to a zone that is three years old to test how he fared: Tier 5 cleric mercenary in tow. Pretty quickly I realized that even with "Companion's Provocative Demeanor" turned on I would pull agro if I dared blast the mob more than twice in a row. When it came to trying to kill two mobs at a time, the result was even worse. No matter if I sent in my Relentless Servant from the start to try and pull agro for a bit, he failed. As a result, my pet- who was moderately buffed- died and I had to gate. I understand those that think the mage class is overpowered, but this wasn't me trying to kill 3 red con mobs in the newest zone, this was me trying to kill TWO Dark blue mobs in a relatively old zone and failing. I hold out hope that Daybreak will fix this problem that currently plagues ALL pet classes. Without a quick fix, a large percentage of the playing population will become extremely disenfranchised.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

In the Plane of Sky instance on Phinigel, if you kill a mob on an island that does not spawn that mob, it produces a double lockout (i.e Killing a pony from island 4 on island 3 to get the Keeper of Souls cycle started). This is repeatable. Also the re-log to reset all lockouts higher than 6.5 days does not seem to correct this bug. Already sent a /bug report about it
  13. Anthony CT New Member

The Decay Partisans for spirit armor are bugged and wont complete after finishing the first two sets of turn ins. Any chance of fixing them so folks can complete the expansion? They've been like this for a few weeks now.
  14. HrothgarrTheMage New Member

I truly hold out hope that Daybreak is able to correctly fix ALL of these MAJOR, MAJOR bugs in a timely manner and keep the playing population happy. I, for one, was excited when Daybreak took over as they would have access to more resources to better address our concerns and pour into producing more content. I know there has been some discontent with them, however, they are relatively new to this. I would like to add that if y'all can fix these issues- like the one with Companion's Provocative Demeanor- and can produce high quality content in the future you will have paying subscribers for, easily, the next 5-8 years. However, and I say this with much regret, I fear if these HUGE issues that are affecting many people's ability to actually play the game are not fixed it will greatly precipitate the downfall of the greatest game to grace the world. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are THE MOST patient and understanding gaming community around, we just want answers to our questions and knowledge that you are aware of the issues and working to fix them.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Sheev Lorekeeper

Pet aggro is non-existent, unless its an enchanter's charmed pet. Two dots and I'm tanking. I can only assume that the two new AA added are broken.
  16. Makavien Augur

You know the people changing things are mostly the same people that have been changing things in everquest for years . The only new people are the owners not the people working on the game. It sounds like from your post you think they are all new people but in fact they are not.
  17. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This has been fixed internally, but will take a patch to fix (cant be hotpatched apparently), per my notes from working with the issue tracker.