Upcoming non-instanced raid/progression content reminder (GoD edition)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Ethereal Augur

Yeah, all the work they did on phini will be deleted so they can redo it for the new server.
  2. Astral64 Augur

Where will #thunderdome2 go down?!
  3. Ryak Augur

The new server will neither kill Phinigel, nor require much of any dev effort, it seems.

To DBG:

I would really appreciate if we could get an idea of what the scope of things you want to instance for Gates of Discord will be.

Thanks
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

All of these Raid Events should have an Agent of Change associated with them. Basically it's one in each static zone GoD offers. Atleast that's the goal :).
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Isn't the last event in Texvu horrifically broken still?
  6. -wycca Augur

I've not seen a fix in the patch notes.
  7. Ryak Augur

Another good point. It does seem like that event is not working as intended, based on their experience on Quarm.
  8. Astral64 Augur

Yes.
  9. Ryak Augur

How many people are already looking forward to this? I'd expect after 6 months of PoTime, the answer is going to be a lot of people :p
  10. Gnog Elder

Totally stoked for Gates. Will be loads of relevant Lvl 65 content in that era. Much excite.
  11. George_IV New Member

Def not in the open world lols...

#AoSOpenWorldKings #AoSQuarmWinners #AoSAgnarrSoon
  12. Ryak Augur

I don't want to derail my own thread, but I'll be happy to grant you the first two if the third one comes packaged in. Heh.

No, but seriously, Gates of Discord instancing. That's happening, right?
  13. Tachyon Augur

I'd keep it simple, instance Txevu and Qvic as entire zines and keep the rest as is. Those are the essential progression zones. You could even leave off Qvic.
  14. -wycca Augur

Don't think leaving off Qvic would be good for guilds, it's too good of a mold source.
  15. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Qvic was highly-subscribed on Zek back when GoD was current. Don't know if it's likely to be different this time, or if it was the same on other servers.
  16. Ryak Augur

I'm reasonably confident non-instanced Quiv being split between 10 guilds would be horrible. Heck, even if they do instance it its probably still going to be horrible because they probably won't put it on a short lockout like it is in RW.
  17. Brumans Augur

Bumping this! 4 months to go and we've yet to hear a dev response (that I'm aware of).
  18. Ryak Augur

Can we please get an idea of what the scope of instancing is for GoD? My guild is starting to make plans and it's kind of hard to make plans when you don't know if things are going to be instanced nor not.

For example, if Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk is not instanced, it is not mathematically possible for all the guilds currently in Plane of Time to get access to Tacvi during the GoD expansion, even assuming *not a single guild* kills him twice, which is very unlikely.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  19. Zhav New Member

I dont post on the forums (at all), but I'm also concerned about this. Of course I realize there's lots of instanced raids in GoD already, but I'd like to get to see all the content without having to fight over open world. Open world raiding is just not enjoyable to me, of course it should still exist for those interested. Just allow us to do it instanced as well please!
  20. Gafgarion Elder

Hopefully devs take this into consideration and implement AoCs