Upcoming non-instanced raid/progression content reminder (GoD edition)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

Given that DBG has limited resources and we want to give them as much advanced notice of issues as we can, I think now is a good time to start gathering a list of non-instanced raid content for Gates of Discord.

Raid progression content in bold
    1. Txevu Raid Event: The Gladiator Pit (Key #1)
    2. Txevu Raid Event: High Priest Nkosi Bakari (Key #2)
    3. Txevu Raid Event: Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk
    4. Kod'Taz: The Summoner Ring
    5. Kod'Taz: The Ageless Relic Protector
    6. Qvic Raid Event: Cynosure Kvanjji
    7. Qvic Raid Event: Iqthinxa Karnkvi
    8. Qvic: Dvoin M`sha
    9. Qvic: Mnat M`sha
    10. Qvic: Ptav M`sha
    Does anybody else have anything that I missed?
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

The Yxxta stuff potentially.

The Smith Rondo event for BiC in Ferubi.
  3. Ryak Augur

I would also be curious to know the answer to some questions:

Everyone knows that the first few expansions contain the majority of the non-instanced progression/raid content, but there are instances in the later expansions. I am particularly concerned that after the new progression server launches that support for Phinigel will fall off.

(1) Is DBG going to continue supporting Phinigel instancing of non-instanced raid/progression content for the more modern expansions for which it is relevant?
    (2) Specifically, regarding Gates of Discord, what are the plans for instancing?

For Planes of Power, we got a producer letter and a post, so everyone knew what was going on. I hope we continue to get good communication in this matter. It might still be just a month or two early, but better early than late, right?
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

1. Txevu Raid Event: The Gladiator Pit (Key #1)
    2. Txevu Raid Event: High Priest Nkosi Bakari (Key #2)
    3. Txevu Raid Event: Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk
    4. Txevu Raid Event: Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch
    5. Txevu Raid Event: Aneuk Nyrt Ymosa
    6. Txevu Raid Event: Aneuk Rilst Uskst
    7. Txevu Raid Event: Ikaav Nysf Lleiv
    8. Txevu Raid Event: Ixt Kial Ivesi
    9. Txevu Raid Event: Ixt Quall Nalnn
    10. Txevu Raid Event: Ukun Bloodfeaster
    11. Kod'Taz: The Summoner Ring
    12. Kod'Taz: The Ageless Relic Protector
    13. Barindu: Colossus of War (BiC Event)
    14. Ferubi: Smith Rondo (BiC Event)
    15. Ferubi: Weapon Master Vtiink Vzaan
    16. Ferubi: Zun'Muram Votal
    17. Natimbi: Cragbeast Queen
    18. Qinimi: Pixtt Xictic Krvne (BiC Event)
    19. Qvic Raid Event: Cynosure Kvanjji
    20. Qvic Raid Event: Iqthinxa Karnkvi
    21. Qvic: Dvoin M`sha
    22. Qvic: Mnat M`sha
    23. Qvic: Ptav M`sha
    24. Yxtta: Pixtt Suir Mindrider
    25. Yxtta: Primal Arachnid
    26. Yxtta: Primal Insect
    27. Yxtta: Primal Reptile

Updated your list with more content.

I'm unsure if they will instance Qinimi or Barindu due to them being quests, but they did it for Howling Stones so they should.

Also... Qvic Mshas were weird 6 hour spawns when they were released. The Qvic instance should be a 24 hour lockout rather than 7 days like normal content is. But I doubt this suggestion will get heard.
  5. crag79 Augur

Txevu Raid Event: Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk

This event is going to be an issue. Pet changes pushed through in the last couple years have made the charm goat useless.
  6. Machen New Member

Won't be a big deal. Will just take longer to kill.
  7. -wycca Augur

You missed -
    Riwwi - Taskmistress Krisz

IMO the minimum for instancing is the Progression stuff, plus Qvic. Almost have to have Qvic IMO, even though it's not progression. Past that, BIC raid stuff, and CBQ are my only wish-list stuff.
  8. crag79 Augur

I don't think you remember/realize- nothing will damage Zun other than that goat. Quarm guild had the pet on him for 2+hours and barely got him to 90%
  9. Machen New Member

From Alla:

Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk can only be damaged by non-player entities. He is immune to all other forms of DPS. He takes damage from:

- damage shields
    - pets of all types
    - player mercenaries
    - charmed NPCs

Did this change? We certainly always had mage pets on him, and they did a significant portion of the damage, on Fippy.
  10. Machen New Member

Confirmed indeed just now that mage pets do in fact damage him. Parsed it on Fippy with rogue tank (no ds), cleric merc, and mage pet dpsing. Succeeded in taking him down quite a bit np. Wiped because I forgot where my lockpicks were located in bags.

*By wiped I mean the level 85 mage alt died. Machen made it out while the cleric healed and tanked everything indefinitely!
  11. Machen New Member

I am open to being corrected here though if things have changed. How many mages/mage pets did this particular Quarm guild employ? Did they decide to rely purely on the goat dps?
  12. -wycca Augur

I'm not sure what the other guild that raided on Quarm did, but Vape did attempt Zun a few times. Here's a summary of our experience -

1. We had about 50ppl if I recall, and most of us were still in 50hp defiant gear with 50-70aa avg.
    2. We by no means spent 2hrs dpsing him, the truth is, it only took about 2 of his AE's hitting most of our raid to kill most of us (melee were mostly useless, we focused our healers on the tanks). These attempts didn't take long at all.
    3. We got him to about 80-85% if I recall. We simply didn't have the healing/gear to handle the AE's for very long.
    4. We only attempted him one evening immediately after getting access to Txevu (about 2-3 attempts in total). We didn't bother going back because the charm pet mastruqs are bugged (its actually a pet bane bug), and barely dps him, when they should be doing much more. Old parses/videos seem to suggest they're doing about 10-15% of the dps they should be doing due to this bug. Given this bug, and our overall gear, plus the fact this was a rush to OMM, and we didn't really need Tacvi gear for OMM, we never saw the point in revisiting him.
    4. I honestly don't remember the amount of pets we had on him. I think it was 1-2 charm pets, 2-3 mage pets, 2-4 bst pets, and 2-3 necro pets.

Any phin guild who confronts Zun should be miles ahead of where we were on Quarm when we faced him in terms of gear & AA, so I'm not super worried about the bug being a huge roadblock if it's still un-fixed.
    Machen likes this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The charmed pet definitely was doing weak DPS but the primary issue I recall was the AE Wanton's Destruction hitting everyone through walls. I could've sworn this AE was blocked by walls and you put your clerics in the tunnels. Similarly Ture in Anguish I thought the same AE was blockable by hidding in the jail cells but that doesn't block it anymore either.

Maybe I am completely wrong and it was just the crap defiant gear and few AAs that made the AE so devastating. And the whole, 3 actual clerics flagged.
  14. crag79 Augur

Than i was misinformed by a buddy in Vape. He said you all had a few different attempts at him and that the pets were doing almost nothing to the Zun and it wasn't worth it. Still something to consider.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

1. Natimbi: Cragbeast Queen
    2. Qinimi: Pixtt Xictic Krvne (BiC Event)
    3. Ferubi: Smith Rondo (BiC Event)
    4. Ferubi: Weapon Master Vtiink Vzaan
    5. Ferubi: Zun'Muram Votal
    6. Barindu: Colossus of War (BiC Event)
    7. Riwwi: Taskmistress Krisz
    8. Kod'Taz: The Summoner Ring
    9. Kod'Taz: The Ageless Relic Protector
    10. Yxtta: Pixtt Suir Mindrider
    11. Yxtta: Primal Arachnid
    12. Yxtta: Primal Insect
    13. Yxtta: Primal Reptile
    14. Qvic: Dvoin M`sha
    15. Qvic: Mnat M`sha
    16. Qvic: Ptav M`sha
    17. Qvic Raid Event: Iqthinxa Karnkvi
    18. Qvic Raid Event: Cynosure Kvanjji
    19. Txevu Raid Event: The Gladiator Pit (Key #1)
    20. Txevu Raid Event: Aneuk Nyrt Ymosa
    21. Txevu Raid Event: Aneuk Rilst Uskst
    22. Txevu Raid Event: Ukun Bloodfeaster
    23. Txevu Raid Event: High Priest Nkosi Bakari (Key #2)
    24. Txevu Raid Event: Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch
    25. Txevu Raid Event: Ixt Kial Ivesi
    26. Txevu Raid Event: Ixt Quall Nalnn
    27. Txevu Raid Event: Ikaav Nysf Lleiv
    28. Txevu Raid Event: Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk

Okay so I updated the list to be ordered in the progression of the zones and within the zones. I believe this encompasses atleast one event in each of the static GoD zones on the mainland (obviously excludes Abysmal Sea). Also bolded Cynosure... she technically is required to be dead for access to Inktuta. I guess on this server she will be permadead in static though so Inktuta requests shouldn't be a problem.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Bump just in case we have missed any static world raid events in GoD that need a lockout associated with them.
  17. Ryak Augur

Thank you guys for your help making this list. I spent awhile doing research, but i figured with the community working together, we would catch some that I missed.

I was hoping to get a response confirming what the plan is as far as instancing too though. Maybe it's still just a little early, but like I said in the first post, better too early than too late right? :p
  18. fransisco Augur

No they will not.
    More progression servers doesn't increase the number of devs on EQ. Live players hate phinny because it draws so much dev time away from the rest of the game.
    A new progression server will do the same thing to phinny. If they need to spend time doing stuff on the new server, there will be less time for phinny as well.
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Great to have this list started already. As we progress through the expansions less and less content will be needed to be instanced. Should add to this list all content that will need to be instanced as were getting near to the end of the need for it. Such as omens 1.5/2.0 mobs, rss/mpg. Dodh I believe only Vule would be needed. PoR: ToB, Relic, and Devastation.

If everything is laid out for the devs nice n early, finding time to get it done may be easier. Could also remove the base pop in said zones leaving only the raid encounters up, to prevent people from farming the zone trash/named, as every zone that has an open world raid target in it going forward after GoD also has desirable group content.
  20. Ryak Augur

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

A more optimistic interpretation, which in the absence of official comment is just as valid, is that they planned it this way because they knew they wouldn't need as many resources dedicated for expansions which are mostly already instanced. Which is why i was hoping for the aforementioned elusive official comment.