Upcoming changes to group level ranges in instances!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Prathun, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Gladare Augur

2. Crystilla Augur

Melanippe, I'm glad you posted that because I don't know where level 76 is coming from. However, I just tested this though and level did change.

Level 62 was all that was needed to get the level 100 MGB's recently. However, I just tested it now on EMarr and 62 won't take hold. 63 won't take hold. I couldn't find a level 64 to try but I did try it on a level 65 and the MGB did stick. So level 64 or 65 now.
  3. Yesway Augur

Sure thing, because the mercs won't be level 100 buffed too.... There would be plenty of ways to exploit the ability to have max buffs from level 1 but there will always be those who want even more easy mode than what's already there.
  4. Axxius Augur

Mercs don't need any buffs either. They are overpowered enough at low levels to destroy mobs with or without buffs.
    Such as? What can you do at lv 1 with lv 100 buffs other than level faster (which is already available via mercs)? Get a merc and help it kill mobs and level slightly faster than without helping it? The difference is too insignificant, IMO.
  5. Piestro Augur

Folks, while this other discussion is interesting please create a new thread for it and leave this thread for feedback on the proposed change. What level buffs hit what level characters is not particularly relevant to this topic.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've got something in the back of my mind, which tells me the level spread is capped at 30 levels. Not sure where I heard it though.
    I'm also very interested in how currency and gear will work.
    Also curious as to how far back these changes will go, or will it just be for the current content?
    I like the proposed changes to the instance level spread. :)

BTW put me down as a no for having high level buffs land on level 1s.
  7. Raymond Lorekeeper

If we can group together we should be able to do instances together so a big yes for the 30 level spread.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Spirit of the Steadfast Rk. II

Description
    1: Increase Hitpoints by 672 per tick
  9. Piestro Augur

We capped the maximum level spread at 30. There are currently no plans to change this.
    silku, Gyurika Godofwar and Tarvas like this.
  10. Belkar_OotS Augur

I think this will be a good change. Thanks for considering it.

So I am going to request a couple things that is more "easy mode" than what some people probably will want, but something I would love to see is a consolidation of mission NPC's to PoK or another safe/low level friendly zone.

Part of the success of LDoN was the fact you knew where to go hang out if you wanted to get a group at the time. On my server it was butcherblock. If there were an NPC for each expansion that through some common text would allow you to request any mission from that expansion, it would be a nice boon for the grouping game. Instead of having to run around the wayfarer camps, the Keeper camps, the 1 off missions in random zone X, going to each newbie town for various monster missions...... I mean the game is HUGE, which is great..... until it slows people down enough to make it not worth the effort. I think it is partly evidenced by the popularity of the OMM missions at the time.

Secondly, it would be nice if the rewards for doing the missions were either common or exchangeable. So maybe like the mission reward selections with the Anniversary Raids. Currency, experience, faction, items from the loyalty vendor..... glyphs, bags of platinum, unwritten glyphs, things that are consumable but useful are decent picks.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Melanippe Augur

Simple question. WHY the change?
  12. Melanippe Augur

Good grief! Seriously? It is too much trouble and effort to actually travel to the Quest giver now? Slows people down? Makes it not worth the effort? Seriously?
    As for OOM missions, people were interested in them because of the inordinate rewards NOT because the quest giver happens to be in Plane of Knowledge. Had the quest giver been in the farthest reaches of Norrath, those missions would STILL have been done! How do I come to that conclusion? The DAY they changed the rewards for OOM was the day people, for the most part, quit doing them!
  13. Everstorm Augur

I'm baffled by the positive reactions to this change. What practicle purpose outside of powerlvling does this have? Can a lvl 70 player do any significant damage to a lvl 100 mob? Can a lvl 70 healer keep a lvl 100 player alive against a lvl 100 mob? Can a lvl 70 survive agro from a lvl 100 mob?
    The only positive thing I see in this is the possibility that all those powerlvl services move to instances and out of Grounds. :rolleyes:
  14. Melanippe Augur

Ditto !
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Try running a lower level alt through flagging with a main at level 100 but are stopped because of the level spread. You could call that a form of powerlevelling I suppose, but people usually are referring to mass xp gain and not progression missions when talking about PLs.
  16. Sanh Elder

I see where you're coming from, but i think overall it's good for the game. Increasing the level spread = more opportunities for groupage. More opportunities for friends to level with each other. A level 100 doesn't have to invite a level 70 if that level 100 doesn't think the level 70 can contribute enough. The difference now though, is that a different level 100 can invite a level 70 if that level 100 doesn't mind covering the power differential. That would be me. I really enjoy taking lower levels in my guild on missions with me to show them things they otherwise couldn't see.
  17. EQTrixy Elder

I'm not really sure what this means. But I am excited about it!

I run a 3box group. 100SK (100 cleric merc), 94 Monk (94 dps merc) and a 94 Shaman (94 dps merc).

I really want to start running CotF HA missions to get some mark of valor's. But as of right now I don't think I will be able to handle them.

My Monk and Shaman wont even get the marks. So I am working on leveling them; without skipping on key AAs too.

From what I have read; because of my 100 SK we will be doing the hardest level 100 content.

My Monk and Shaman wont get the full amount of marks until 100.

So there is no point of doing these until all toons are at 100.

If there was some CotF HA missions that were easier so my boxes wouldn't get eaten alive, allowed my lower level boxes to get the same amount of marks (even if that means SK gets less too), then I would be in these non stop.

What would be ideal for me is a HA mission that was just go into an instant and kill X number of trash. Give me an option to pick an easy mission that is set around a group of 95's. I don't want a name to spawn, just trash. After X trash is killed I get the marks and can leave then get it again.

Could do something like the hot zone quests. Have a different mission each 5 levels starting at 70. 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105 (for hard core people). Give different amounts of marks for each one; more for the harder ones. No level requirement. Min 1 person, max 6 people. If a level 100 wants to go into a level 70 mission and get no exp and a few marks with no effort; so be it. If a level 100 wants to bring in a level 70 into a level 100 mission to PL, have fun.

The key for me is the ability to get Marks of Valor. Leave the merchant alone and the items they sell.

I know this wouldn't be ideal for everyone. Heck, it might be something only I want alone. But it's just an ideal I'm throwing out there.
  18. bardkillz New Member

This was my thought, but whatever. a lvl 70 would do nothing more than sit there and get exp.

at least zone disruption will be in instances now.
  19. footup New Member

bring back the 51/50 server!!!!!
    Pirouette likes this.
  20. Tarrin Augur

Hmm, the toon will have insane stats, that won't mean as much as they level. They will be able to destroy lower level content, probably tanking what..4 reds at a time easily with no healing support?

So basically..making toons on par with the lower level tank mercs?