Upcoming changes to group level ranges in instances!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Prathun, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Leerah Augur

Hallelujah! How about removing req. level for gear under 75 in favor of rec. level?
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Yesway Augur

I haven't seen this, not saying it's not possible, but I've started several lowbies recently and haven't seen anyone get to level 12 in 5 minutes without twinking/buffing/pl'ing of some sort.
  3. Gumlakx Augur

Upping the level spread to 30 will help a lot. Still, I would prefer the level spread mechanic be replaced with just a minimum level requirement for tasks/missions, like it is for Anguish. Then future level cap increases would not inhibit high level characters from helping out those doing the content at the originally intended level. For example, DoN was originally intended to be started before level 70.
  4. Falos Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52370

Turn that into the charm of lore npc on a level 1 or 2 character and you'll instantly ding level 12. (level 15 on a double exp weekend)
  5. Yesway Augur

Ah, interesting. So you can create a class, get to Icefall glacier, get the item and turn it in all under 5 minutes with no outside help? Even if so, that's not even close to the same thing as being able to have over 10k stats as level 1, sorry. It would be hilarious seeing the fighting over whole lowbie zones with people running around with 300+ damage shields and so much hp that they'll never die. Yeah, that's definitely a great idea.
  6. Melanippe Augur

Actually, the level 95 buff MGB's land on level 62 (single cast on level 61), the level 100 MGB's land on level 67 ( for sure and possibly on level 66 but I couldn't find a handy level 66 to check. ;) ) with single cast definitely landing on level 66.

As for allowing Max level buffs to land on level 1, I just cannot come up with the polite words to express just how ridiculous that idea is, so I won't.

As for the supposedly proposed change, why bother even discussing it, the die has already been cast. :(
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Falos Augur

It's not a ridiculous idea in the slightest lol, as i've stated before it's not a very important change and merely a matter of convenience but to call it a ridiculous idea is overstating it a bit.. unless my server is the only server in all of EQ where people do not even care about the low level game anymore. Pre AA ability eq just serves to drive away people that check the game out.
  8. Sinestra Augur

Well it isn't impossible to get about 3k hps on a level one now. Honestly that is no stronger than 10k. Still nothing that level is likely to hit you and nothing has a chance to kill you. That is level 1 killing mobs around their level though, not things much higher than them. The point of being godly is moot however since there is a cap on the amount of experience you can get in one kill.

Now you mentioned damage shields, you have to do at least one point of damage. If your damage shield kills the mob and you have done no damage at all personally, you get no experience and no corpse. I don't know if you remember what it is like being in the 1-20 range, but it is harder to hit something than to get hit by something. It would make them quite powerful, up to a certain level and then they'd just take a bit longer to die.

You won't be using spells to do your damage either, as leveling up so quickly in "god mode" would mean your skills would be so low you could barely cast anything.
  9. Explicit Augur

There are already enough ways to twink/buff low levels so that they destroy content, allowing max level buffs to land on them would only serve to quicken the process of leveling -- which is most definitely a good thing. Skills can be learned while afk.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sinestra like this.
  10. Dandin Augur

Level 100 buffs on a level one... Are we actually talking about this right now?

No. Just no
    Edrick and Crystilla like this.
  11. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I don't care for this change at all, who isn't 100 already in this game, 1% of the population?
    I guess grats powerleveling services.

Other 99% would like two difficulty options for HA and a server leader board, what LDON had.
  12. Yesway Augur

I've messed about with several lower alts recently, It certainly isn't hard, though I've never bother to get myself buffed up to this 3k hp number you are saying is possible. I think the most I've seen is 1200 ish with cleric/shaman buffs. I suppose there is no way to do aoe damage to multiple mobs at once.... Probably would see a lot of bards though, being able to use the aoe dot song.... Talk about an influx of a specific class in a short time rofl.
  13. Explicit Augur

Holgresh Mojo Sticks and Oil of Fennin Ro (I think that's what it's called), clickable at level 1 -- AE damage w/ no target caps.
  14. Yesway Augur

I was joking, I know there are ways to do it :)
    Explicit likes this.
  15. Melanippe Augur

Indeed, then you must be on the only server in all of EQ where people do not even care about the low level game anymore. How sad for you.

IF pre AA ability eq just serves to drive away people that check the game out... Quite honestly, my applause that that type of gamer doesn't darken Norrath's door.
  16. Explicit Augur

Yeah, because having your mercenary (which they shove down your throat in the tutorial) face-roll content for you while all you do is mash auto-attack is the epitome of determination and skill.
  17. Goth Augur

cant we just make all gear req level max out at lvl 70? I mean we think we should have a lvl 70 group with lvl 100 in missions for what reason?

who actually drags level 70 people with them for anything other than the obvious reason?
  18. Axxius Augur

It may take longer than 5 min and you need 'outside help' in the form of a small amount of pp to hire a merc, but the issue of buffs on low level chars is completely irrelevant these days. You don't need ANY buffs to watch a merc murder everything in your path until you are high enough level to kill mobs yourself faster.
  19. Yesway Augur

None of this justifies max level buffs on level 1's. If you don't need the any buffs then why try to find a way to get them max level buffs?
  20. Axxius Augur

I guess that's for those who want to level without a merc for whatever reason. The point is that those buffs won't be too overpowering compared to the tool that's already available to everybody (mercs).