Unsolved Quests

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bigz_Zupdarty, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

So a number of years ago a dev came out n said how many quests were still unfinished in Everquest.. I don't recall the number exactly, but it was close to 1000.

How many quests are currently active on the TLPs in classic that have to this day yet to be solved?

Also how many people would be interested in trying to be the first to solve a quest? One of the big driving forces on TLPs is for people to get "server firsts" and a lot of people write it off as the content being completed already years ago, so really it means nothing. But anyone who completes a quest that has never been solved, well that would be a "world first" and something to write home about..

Can we get any dev input on to how many unsolved quests are current active in classic on the TLPs?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

I thought about this the other day as I ran past the defunct wizard spire in South Karana. I thought, I wonder if there's actually a quest for a spell that will take you to that or other broken spires?
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I remember a supposed "epic" classic quest that involved the specter tower in Oasis. "The World Book" or some such quest.
  4. Zapsos Augur

In the age of data-mining odds are that any unsolved quests are unsolved because they are broken...
    Vlerg likes this.
  5. Vlerg Augur

As zapsos says...

amongst those 1000 unsolved quest, you'd have to find out the broken one, incomplete one, those that arn't available anymore because of revamp / new loot tables / reviewed tradeskill combines...
  6. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Fun topic and a change of pace for the forums.. I for one am interested in what is yet to be completed and what quest are active that can be..
  7. Deep New Member

Shaky Scarecrow in Rivervale is another one that was never fixed/completed.
  8. Ducreux Augur

Like 99.9% of that original quoted number was in due to broken content/unfinished quests and they later acknowledged this fact, I can't find the quote though. Then there were tons of uncrafted tradeskill combines bloating the number due to weird variations and now-defunct recipes since many TS have had revamps over the years.

Many items also got incorrectly flagged as "Quest" which was also made apparant to us when we questioned them about items such as Glowing Black Stone.

Then there are mobs like Cracktusk which drop 2 items with no known use and no breadcrumbs as to their purpose.

<--Debbie Downer
  9. Glistarian Augur

They've said there are no unsolved quests. There are some broken ones here and there, but there is nothing that can be finished that hasn't.
  10. Kolani Augur

There are several that have faction blocks that the faction text doesn't advance when you meet certain thresholds. In particular, some of the goblins in Runnyeye offer quests when your faction with them is good that peter out since few people have hit those faction goals.
  11. RainbowTest Augur

How bout that one peice from Eye of Veeshan everyone dreads getting that has no known purpose.