Unsolved Quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Egat, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

Does anyone know of an thread in this forum or even another website where players are still attempting to solve old quests or even suspected quests? There was once an active community of people trying to solve these old things and I've found no evidence of that effort. Any thoughts?
  2. Mykaylla Augur

Not threads- there's only a few people around that really like tracking them down now. Loratex, Beimeith, Szeria, Denyu and myself are a few I know offhand.

wtb Tome of Ages completed!
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

I try to dabble. A white wolf called A Tribal Prowler (Dawnshroud Peaks) drops a pelt that you give to a Sambata Shaman for Sambata Tribal Warbeads. That's all I've ever discovered. lol
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There is the old unsolved quest forum, It has been years since I looked it up but just a normal search on yahoo picked found it at/near the top of the list. It has actually resulted in some of the quests a few years back being solved or 'fixed' to be solveable.

It is not what I would really call an active community though.
  5. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

Yup, I refer to that forum on occasion, Xianzu, but it's not seen any real activity in years. Maybe I will just start posting ideas here when I find something that seems like an old, unsolved quest. Can't hurt and may revive some interest.
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

Well, here's more unsolved stuff.

Two beggars (a tatty beggar, a scruffy beggar) complain about being stuck in Katta Castrum, one asks for food and the other asks for drink. Obviously a tradeskill quest, but to what extent, no clue.

Anario Dirkog (Dawnshroud Peaks) talks about delivering some booze but asks for a "Fungus Mushroom" to prove you can do it. He doesn't accept anything, and somewhere I read a player asked a GM who confirmed it's broken. It was a quest that resulted in a movement haste reward. Was never fixed.

Holy Partisan of the Underfoot quest line (horrifically broke to all except dwarf paladins who worship Brell, never fixed... obviously), when finished the NPC says a cleric can recharge it, but was lost in the "lava-filled plains of [Antonica]", meaning Lavastorm Mountains. Two dwarf clerics reside in Temple of Solusek Ro, but a player got word from a GM that the quest line was never completed. Yay.

A named gnoll called Retharg is KoS but won't attack players in Infected Paw. He won't talk to anyone (faction?) but rogues who sneak behind him can get some dialog about Farsoth. Gnoll prisoners nearby and one down in the Ishva Mal room don't respond to anything. Nobody knows if they're just there for flavor or whatever.

But really, finding and solving old quests is as hard to find as they are broken beyond abandon.... sad.
  7. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

What drives me is the Sony promotion video that was released at 10th anniversary which mentions the number of never discovered items being around 3000. I have to assume quite a few of those must come from quests unless they are just an ultra rare drop.

1:55 is the mention of non-discovered items.
  8. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Symbol of Ducee XXX. apparently for cloak of greater pernicity quest, but I think it's broken.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Quests, Items that never have dropped from mobs which have never been spawned or at least killed when they did spawn or were not looted, TS recipes that were never discovered ala the old "new ale" 'quest' that was from Luclin and not solved till around PoR or later maybe; there are a lot of variables. Plus there are probably some which are just test items that are never meant to drop and got forgotten as being in the database.
  10. fransisco Augur

Which gm/s do you contact about quest questions?