Unsolved Mysteries

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krogoth, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Wispur Elder

But what about the lights?!
    What are the floating blue lights in the southwestern corner of the Commonlands for?!
    Wrukk likes this.
  2. Chibz Journeyman

I will stir the pot a bit, hehe.

If you haven't found any quests that could be completed "reasonably", how about completed unreasonably?
  3. Wrukk New Member

---
    where on Zam's site do you want these posted? (I have more than one)
  4. Prathun Developer

Discussed here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...g-forgotten-quests-feb-15-patch.238498/page-8

Not surprisingly, it's another example of a quest that cannot be completed.

Skuz and Bobbybick like this.
  5. MaestroM Augur

Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  6. Krogoth New Member

Hopefully this will post since I don't actually have this account subbed at the moment, but Thanks Prathun for some insight on something I got obsessed with for a while a year and a half ago :p.

Hearing confirmation that most everything that can be found has been found is interesting, though it does somewhat make the world feel a bit smaller. And of course lack of documentation comes back to bite us for a lot of potential in old world plot threads. I kept trying things with the Soulfire quest pieces up until Phinigel was announced (the Krogoth character was on Lockjaw), but obviously got nowhere with it. Been playing on Phinny ever since and decided not to play SK again as dealing with other tanks on a raid stressed me out. Never did manage to get King Xorbb to spawn for the Blued Hammer either.

Anyway glad to hear a few more people enjoyed my jaunt at writing and glad to see some interaction with some other mysterious things!
    Prathun and Wrukk like this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

We should all give huge props to Prathun for his devotion to the game and for his responses here on the forums. There can be a lot of grief when a developer does not respond to certain threads or posts so how about we acknowledge the guy when he has devoted a lot of time trying to answer everyone's questions. Keep up the good work its much appreciated.
    Skuz, Gorgol the Ogre and Wrukk like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

[IMG]
  9. Caell Augur

The unsolved mystery I've always wondered about: ornate grappling hooks supposedly being used by goblins in Misty Thicket to get over the wall. http://drexxell.net/eq/amionewiththewall.html My guess is it's one of those never finished quest lines.
  10. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

If we don't have the quest entry any where on the site, find the zone and post the quest entry in the comments section for that zone. Then we'll get the quest entered. If we already have the quest and you want to update it, post in the comments for the quest.
  11. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

You're a legend Prathun! Thank you for setting the dev. time to do this. It really is great to see that the biggest fans of EQ are unarguably still developers of the game such as yourself. +1 for Team DB!
  12. Icetea Lorekeeper

Hello, Prathun.

I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on these two quests, I've attempted to solve them with my friends for years with no luck.

Fern Flower Collection

We have tried to combine every flower or related item with no luck (a removed item perhaps?)

Souvenir Mugs

We couldn't figure out where to get the 4th mug from, this is probably a role-play/lore
    kind of storyline, but we would appreciate if you can look this up too!
    SirLord likes this.
  13. Protocol Dragon Defender

Prathun I bet you could do a successful kickstarter or something along those lines just to go back and finish a lot of the broken or unimplemented quests.
  14. Rouan Augur

15. Throndor Augur

I would take the Shield of the Primal Mind over it as an Enchanter any day. Manafree Nukes to go with charm DPS and resists applicable to ToV on Velious launch. I doubt the orb counts "Shield" ac either.
  16. Skecpa Journeyman

I'd just really like to know what happened to all the original responses from the NPCs in Sanctus Seru. They all turn to face you when you say the trigger words but they don't actually say anything anymore. (Or at least they respond to WAY less than they used to.) I always thought there were quests hidden in there somewhere, guess I was wrong.
  17. Hadesborne Augur

Prathun,

The Ghoul of Takish-Hiz isn't spawning in South Ro for the Phylactery quest on Phinny. Also it seems as if his drop rate was quite a bit too low on live. Some reported 1 drop in 20 kills.
  18. Hadesborne Augur

Oh I forgot to add a big thank you for putting forth the effort to add in those broken Kunark quests. They look like a lot of fun to complete.
  19. Treesong Elder

Prathun, would it be possible to check on Gerael Woodone in Surefall Glade to see if he has anything attached to him that could be a "reward" for Jale Phlintoes head?

It seems you have already answered questions about Jale Phlintoes himself, looking at this post here on ZAM: Jale stating that he has no dialog, quest or drops attached to him (if that quote is legit).

So Jale itself is a dead end. But since it is Gerael Woodone that talks about him and a possible reward for his head, I was wondering if there were bits left of this quest on that NPC.

I am so bold to ask this because I noticed you liked the post about Jale, so I concluded you carry a warm heart towards this Quest or maybe even to the Unkempt Druids themselves. :D