Unreachable Collectibles in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay (and Life) Partisan Task

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gialana, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Gialana Augur

The Tasks:
    Fate Rewards the Bold (FRtB) Demiplane of Decay
    We Make Our Own Rewards (WMOOR) Demiplane of Life

In FRtB, there is at least 1 collection spawn location inside the southwestern most building of The Heights area. The front door of the building, based on the non-instanced zone, is located around -120, -750, 60. This door doesn't respond to clicking, and it doesn't appear possible to get inside the building.

In WMOOR, there are collection spawn points on both sides of the roof area of the same building. Again, the front door doesn't open. I did not notice if there were spawn locations on the lower floors of the building in this task.

In WMOOR, by going to the roof of the largest building in the Merchant's Quarters and crossing the bridge, it's technically possible to get to the roof and inside the problem building in The Heights, but I don't know if it's intended since it requires jumping over fences placed at either end of the bridge between the 2 buildings within in the instance. As a medium race, I can only accomplish this after many attempts while mounted.

In FRtB, the same trick is not possible since the door to the roof of the building in the Merchant's Quarters doesn't open, either.

If it matters, the task steps when I noticed a collectible inside The Heights building in FRtB involved drops from The Heights and The Mayor's Office.

I don't recall the steps in WMOOR when I saw the collectibles on the roof of The Heights building, but I think one time I had kill mobs in The Heights but not the Merchant's Quarters. The other time, I think I had to kill mobs in the Merchant's Quarters but not The Heights.
    Yinla and Kaenneth like this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Learn to use your mirror and teleport back and forth to get to locked areas in those zones.
  3. Gialana Augur

I appreciate the suggestion. It is indeed necessary to complete some quests in Life and Decay. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the issue of this bug report. Entering Fate Rewards the Bold, an instanced version of Decay requires clicking your mirror while in Life. It doesn't matter where your character is in Life. You always zone into the instance near the NPC to whom you need to turn in the items from the first two steps.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I did not notice if there were spawn locations on the lower floors of the building in this task.

Did you try the tunnels under buildings.
  5. RPoo Augur

I just use rocket boots to jump onto the ledge, jump over the gate and run across the bridge to the door that does open to the building with the luminescent mobs. Annoying? yes. impossible? no.
  6. Gialana Augur

I didn't know of Rocketeer Boots' existence. Thank you!

Hopefully it was just an oversight when implementing these spawn locations since they can't be more directly accessed.