Unplayable framerate

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blesmi, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Blesmi New Member

Hello, I subbed in order to play on the TLP server yet I have a big issue. As the title states, when I play the game runs at an unplayable framerate. I'm talking 3-8fps. And my pc setup is as follows:
    i5-7600k
    GTX 1070
    16gb ddr4 ram
    windows 10
    game is installed on an ssd
    I've tried setting CPU Affinity to -1, tweaking settings, turning off graphics options, setting in game /log off, whatever. None of the stuff I looked up online works. The only thing that works is deleting the eqclient.ini file and starting the game up. But then I have to reset all my settings. That's fine right? Nope, because if i restart my pc, that new eqclient.ini no longer works and I'm getting unplayable fps again. I've tested this repeatedly and it always ends up the same. Can someone please help me? I'm just trying to play this game I paid for =\
  2. Windance Augur

Try running EQOptions.exe

Maybe try making your eqclient.ini read only after you've set it up.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

1. Install EQ into a folder other than default ie drive:|games\everquest
    2. In game Options, make sure (hw) Vertex Shaders is CHECKED. unchecked means those Shaders are not being drawn via primarily GPU hardware but moved to being processed via software/CPU.
    3. System Power Options - set to High Performance / double check it after major Windows 10 updates. Balanced/Powersaver core parks and throttles CPU often.
    4. Nvidia control Panel - Power Management mode - set to max performance instead of adaptive. Prevents computer from running EQ on the Intel GPU built into CPU
    5. do NOT X out of EQ.... /camp or camp desktop X out can cause file corruption.