Unobtainable achievements on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jedis, Jan 15, 2024.

1. CdeezNotes Augur

They do progress linearly. Just not the way you want it to progress.

The linear path is based on kill count of mob type, not by expansion. There's absolutely nothing flawed about it.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

These achievements are absolutely obtainable on TLP servers. Complaining that you can't get them in classic is like saying hammer of the timeweaver is unobtainable on TLPs.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  3. coltongrundy Augur

If you're going to make any changes to achievements, please change the dranik's hollows sewer and catacomb acievements to make the ones that literally do not spawn any more optional, at least until someone is able to get around to fixing their spawning. It's been a confirmed bug for so long https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/draniks-scar-named.285054/page-7#post-4278694
    ForumBoss likes this.
  4. Runes Augur

Is GoD the 1st expansion where we can work on reducing the Banestrike timer cooldown? Oakwynd is currently in PoP and just wondering. We can only work on getting level 1 Banestrike for certain mob types only currently in PoP right? no timer reduction or higher Banestrike % damage?

Thank you
  5. Gialana Augur

Banestrike is no longer an ability with a cooldown. It adds a percent to your damage and healing. The higher ranks of banestrike increase the percent added.
  6. Runes Augur

7. IheartEQ Elder

Banestrike's completion timeline is fine, however, I would like to see one small change.

Let's say you need to kill (5) mobs in order to complete banestrike in GoD. With the current system, you must wait until GoD launches before you can kill the (5) specific mobs. My suggestion would be to add (4) of the mobs to prior expansions in VERY limited capacity.

If you really want to grind out your banestrike achievements, you can kill the (4) mobs on a longer spawn cycle, so when GoD launches you will only have to complete one more achievement. The idea behind this is similar to being level 50 with 99.99% experience going into Kunark.
  8. Bewts Augur

The reality here is that there are unobtainable achievements for a content locked server because those achievements include criteria beyond the content available in a POP era.

The ask is to consider some minor changes to advance the slayer achievements sooner than they’re currently set at by making certain criteria optional.

There is very little in TLP that would change from a 2, 5, 7.5 or 10% change in healing / damage. In fact, even with motm significantly all of the TLP content preceding the current barriers around slayer / banestrike would remain trivial with or without the achievements obtainable earlier in the timeline. It certainly wouldn’t change anything in POP for Agnarr or any other TLP entering that era.
  9. coltongrundy Augur

Slayer achievements are fine. There's one content locked server and it's not meant to have content beyond pop/ldon anyway. There actually are some unobtainable achievements, which are unobtainable on all servers. I would rather see those fixed for everyone instead of dev time going into making already obtainable achievements just obtainable earlier.
  10. Jedis Arch Mage

Thanks for your opinion. Move along now.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

Play on a server past pop one time if you want to experience things that come later.
  12. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I just wish they would make some things optional for the exploration achievements. Achievements could be better aligned with expansions, as some things were just added in later and tacked on. For example you should be able to complete all "Classic" achievements while in era, as it keeps people engaged with the content.
  13. Xeris Augur

I'm ambivalent about this- I think it'd be a nice to have and certainly would not protest if this was made achievable on Agnarr.