[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnnamedPlayer Elder

You can draw whatever incorrect conclusions you want from what people have said, I can see this isn't going to go anywhere.
  2. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

I find it weird that they have put all this in the one thread that claims the person was banned for using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]
  3. Motherlee Augur

Already bad enough that their launch took away our cultural NPC merchants in POK!
    Adrienna likes this.
  4. Gehlfein Elder

Oh - awhile ago, they disabled auto-follow and everyone thought that was a targetted attack on multiboxers. Turned out, it was just in BGs... so guess they DO allow multiboxing, just have made it essentially impossible in organized PvP. No way you can keep 6-40 characters together without some form of automation... that either has to come from an autofollow in game or a bot out of one. One's a no-no.
  5. Valkerine Augur

Simply put...Boxers HAVE KEPT EQ ALIVE FOR 16 YEARS.
    Zechs likes this.
  6. Banuvan Augur

Because everybody using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] posts on their forums? I don't use it and had never heard of it before reading these forums. Is it mandatory to use the forums to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]? If not then it's the same as these forums. Small portion of the actual population. If not then I have been educated.
  7. Zechs Lorekeeper

Yeah battlegrounds and arena is where it gets dicey but as long as people follow the guidelines of the bluepost it will be fine. I personally have used a 40 shaman team and destroyed stormwind a couple times lol.
    Adrienna likes this.
  8. Slasher Augur

They're going all out to stop people from doing anything like that in PVP. They banned 100,000 accounts mostly because of people using that stuff in the arena.
  9. Slasher Augur

I believe when you create an account to purchase [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] it creates a forum account for you even if you never use the forums.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

If i remember correctly, that is the case or something along those lines.
  11. strongbus Augur

he was banned because when the gm gave the test to see if he was using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] correctly or incorrectly he failed the test.

Much as I don't agree with daybreaks call I am going end dealing with this stuff. I just said I wanted people to play by the rules and form what I read on Daybreak site for rules made it seem as [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] broke the rules. Now that Daybreak has said if use right its not then have at it.
  12. Banuvan Augur

Then I have been educated. That also seals the deal for me. Allowing people to automate the movements of multiple accounts based on a single keypress ( yes, that's my definition of automation if you don't press every single key yourself ) and the incessant unadulterated griefing in game means it's not a company I want to support or a game I want to play.
  13. Zechs Lorekeeper

Thank you for being rational in all this. /salute
  14. Rolien Elder

That gives them the okay to ruin a server that's bringing people back to EQ. It's cool guys, that person who is monopolizing zones and RMTing kept EQ alive for us to experience how much of a they can be.

I think I would have rather had my memories of EQ clean and know it died clean rather than to see what it has become.
  15. Banai Augur

You are correct. So those other 2/3/4/5 characters that didn't have a button pressed but are preforming an action are what now? Right ... automations.
  16. Valkerine Augur

You assume people boxing are doing so for money, instead of gearing out 6+ toons. #CasualThinking
  17. Motherlee Augur

Nothing else needs to be said. Lock the threads, shut down the haters. Give power back to Guides.
    Adrienna, Gythlen and Melanippe like this.
  18. Kahna Augur

The people who work on it would rather have a job.
    Valkerine likes this.
  19. Bloops Journeyman

UNATTENDED. Meaning, not paying attention whatsoever about what is happening on your toon screen. Even if you are pressing keys on your keyboard.

Logging all your characters, then using one to drive and completely ignoring what's happening on the others is the definition of unattended.

If a gm /tell one of your toons while he is doing actions (other than just following) you must be able to respond. Otherwise it fall under the category of unattended.

Proper players will be able to manage that, for the others, lower the amount of boxed toons until you develop enough skills to monitor them all.

If you take more than 10 minutes setting up your boxing thing, it should not be a problem by the way.
  20. Slasher Augur

cant fix stupid. I give up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.