[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher Augur

Far from it. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] forums have 5k users a fraction of them play EQ.
  2. Silv Augur

So, you've quit multiple times over it, came back again knowing it was even more widespread, and even anticipate quitting again because of it... wow, that is dedication.
  3. neverrain Elder

Because it shows someone who is complaining about something they have no idea about.
  4. Slasher Augur

You don't know what automated means sir. There is direct human control there box does NOTHING without a human hitting a key for every action it does. That is far from minimal.

Automated is you hitting one button and the character never needs any input from you again. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] does not do this.
    Zechs likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Honestly the toxic part of the game is people freely running around grieving people. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is nothing compared to from the info I have, So eliminating [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] will still not solve your problem you need to include and any other program like it. You are solely focused on one....why not the others?
  6. Tamier Augur

SoE said that, DBG's has not made any official statement on the topic whatsoever except for Holly to say [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is "Not cool." The new ToS say any written program, that provides an advantage... yes thats only part of it, the whole thing is linked on several boxing forums, but still the change in ToS from a new company who has never ok'd or disavowed the program, is what is calling it into account. The ToS say it is illegal. Holly can choose to say it is a daybreak acception if she chooses, but she hasn't. They should officially state whether they are going to allow this program, or they are not.
  7. monegames Journeyman

exactly. without the player pressing a button none of the boxes move. automation doesn't require button presses after the initial press to get the program running.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Wasn't this addressed on yesterday's Ragefire live stream a bit? I thought Daybreak said it's not the program itself ([Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]) that is not usable; but it's what is done with such programs that makes it hit no no" land.
    eqmule likes this.
  9. Maltheus Elder

Holly never said [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] isn't cool. She said cheating/botting isn't cool.
    eqmule likes this.
  10. Tamier Augur

I came back for the TLP's, and I had been gone for quite awhile. I had no idea it was this bad or rampant. Ragefire was billed (in my email), as a maximum nostalgia classic experience. I did not believe this would be the massive problem it is today. It is more toxic now than it ever has been. And i've still to this day, not seen a 6 boxing [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] benefit the community I was in.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

The use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] while unattended can result in actions being taken against your account.
  12. Slasher Augur

They're confusing botting/boxing. 2 very different things.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Wait, so If I use a program that after 1 keystroke performs 100 different actions it's not automated because I pressed the key in the 1st place? LOL
  14. monegames Journeyman

15. Reht The Dude abides...

Roshen just posted this on another thread:

"The use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] while unattended can result in actions being taken against your account."

There you have it, the attended use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is acceptable.
    Frenzic, Melanippe and Silv like this.
  16. Slasher Augur

one hotkey in EQ can perform 6 actions. If your example is cheating everyone with a G19/Razer mouse cheats.
  17. Silv Augur

Roshen just posted in this thread that if you use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] *unattended* action may be taken against your account.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ty Software]-does-and-what-does.222611/page-5

IE. You can use it as long as you are sitting there.

So, if the OP was in fact suspended for [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], it was because he was unresponsive/afk or flat out lying and doing something else illegal.
    Frenzic likes this.
  18. Arrk Augur

Does this include having unattended character windows while "driving" one main character?
  19. Myric New Member

Is there any way to somehow override the current spell particle effects with the original ones?
  20. Zechs Lorekeeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.