Unlock-voting mechanism encourages boxing!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silv, May 11, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

We all know this server would be better without all those crazy people boxing, monopolizing camps and raid spawns.

However, since you have to be within 20 levels of the current level cap to "vote", people will be forced to run multiple characters so they can sway the vote in their favor.

Please, Dawnbreak games, change voting on Fippy 2.0 Ragefire. Vote "NO" to voting!
  2. Ducreux Augur

3. Drelik Lorekeeper

Each of those boxes is a paying customer thus allowed to vote. Daybreak is not going to change anything regarding a paying customer as that is what keeps the doors open.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

Remove voting, automatically unlock after the prescribed time. It is after all, called Time Unlock Progression, not VTLP (Vote then Time Unlock Progression).
  5. Silv Augur

Do you agree with not instancing raid content?

As a paying customer I believe that I should be able to kill Naggy and Vox every week like every other paying customer. It's what keeps the doors open.
  6. taliefer Augur

voting on the next expansion is one of those things that sounds nice in theory, but is horrid in actual practice, as seen on fippy.
  7. fazool Augur

This is the most illogical, poorly structured, failing argument in favor of beating a long dead horse I've read in days.

But, on the upside, its insulting and based on falsehoods - so there's that goiun' for it.
    Phrovo1 and Silv like this.
  8. Drelik Lorekeeper

Would it be nice if raid content was instanced, hell yes. However, the raiding of raid content is something I have always felt its earned. You must find a guild or groups of people willing to take on that epic content (yes, I know in 2015 its not that epic but there are folks out there still who have never done them and played since 1999.) and then do so. It should NOT be handed to you on a silver platter...this is not WOW or any other game now days that just hands you stuff cause its to hard. I want a challenge.

Do not take that as I am hardcore raider who will run over others to get what I want. If my group of epic raiders gets there, kills the mobs on the way and engages first...so be it. If another guild comes up from behind and hops over us, that is lame on their part. Am I gonna be upset, yup. Am I going to cry for the next week, nope. Get faster and beat them there all the way next time.

Bottom line if I wanted instanced raid content I would go play another game. If you want instanced then stay until LDON and then OoW.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

How is instancing handing it to you on a silver platter? You obtain the level, spells, and gear necessary to undertake killing a raid NPC, and then you do so.

Not getting the opportunity to do content because there are 11 or more other guilds, some of them poop socking, is not something you can "earn" your way out of.
    Sendori likes this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I think you're missing the sarcasm of the OP.

What's funny is given the ridiculous nature of most of the threads in the TLP forum, this one blends right in!
  11. Silv Augur

I notice you don't travel out of the TLP forums much...

You just have to ruin everything don't you! This is why we can't have nice things! :p
  12. Random_Enchanter Augur

he is a SK, what did you expect?

its also one of the primary reasons we let him die on raids all the time ;)
  13. Silv Augur

He won't be doing any raiding without instanced raid content on Rageflame!
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You forgot "Roshen I demand ye respond prs respond or /cutswrist /canceled27accounts /playedsince99!"
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I won't be doing any raiding there period. No desire to go back to the Wild West just because. Mass training, kill stealing and racing wasn't generally fun to me, and with 6 months per expansion stuff is going to be perma locked down stupid hard. It's like going to an amusement park and paying for the day pass to stand in line all day.

May group a bit for nostalgia sake though!
    Silv likes this.
  16. Phrovo1 Augur

Now come on guys, it's not Silv's fault for being a TLP lover.

*insert VOTE _____ w/ photo-shopped picture of some old movie and classic models as sig*
  17. Phrovo1 Augur

I'll have you know that I betaed D&D!
    Silv, Zujilli and Sheex like this.
  18. Silv Augur

THIS IS HOW I FEEL! LEAVE TLP ALONE!

Phrovo1 likes this.
  19. Phrovo1 Augur

[IMG]
    Silv likes this.
  20. Trevalon Augur

Honestly, this was the most shocking part of the vote to me. Everything else was pretty much how I suspected, but this surprised me.

Ultimately it also goes to show how many people voted who never played on either set of TLP servers. If you had played on the previous servers you would have voted for No voting without any questions because you remember how absolutely toxic and terrible the voting process was.
    Irbax_Smoo and Silv like this.