Unlock TDS zones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koldanar, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Koldanar Elder

Please can the devs consider unlocking TDS zones. With ToV release, TDS will be five expansions old and it’s pain to have to go back and do progression just to access zones.
    Laurana likes this.
  2. Gremag Journeyman

Agreed, and I unlocked all zones for my primary characters and some zones for my alts. Was fun, but not over and over.

EQ benefits from alts and boxes and re-rolls, but punishes that same benefit by overly cumbersome progression and locking/unlocking.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think the devs may keep TDS zones permanently locked behind progression because of the traveler requirement for 'Torn Efreeti Boots' (TBL rare).
  4. Gremag Journeyman

It would be a shame if TDS, that is pretty good overall, was kept in a closet because TBL, which, for most, isn't very good.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

TDS and VP (RoS version) access are really the only obstacles to evolving the BiS boots in the game. The other items have fairly high requirements (collection for tabard, slayer for gloves, champion achs for ring).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=133099

Yes, they will want to keep TDS locked so the traveler requirement for 'Torn Efreeti Boots' does not look stupid/superficial.
  6. Duder Augur

I sympathize with your reasons for not buying TBL. However, you have never owned it, therefore you have no basis for whether or not it is any good or not. Also, who is this "most" you speak of? You have polled them? Poor form.

7. Koldanar Elder

After doing travellers on my 6 toons that do have TDS progression I would say that it’s still a lot of effort to do travellers regardless of the TDS progression and I don’t see why they should keep it as a blocker.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Yinla like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Having to get all of the LDoN zones is way more of a timesink and general pain in the than the 4(?) locked zones of TDS. I've got 2 toons fully flagged for TDS and another 2 flagged up until Arx (lost interest at that point).

I can say truthfully as someone who has done the progression multiple times that my feelings would in no way be hurt if they opened those zones up and let people have access to stuff I had to do progression for. Wouldn't bother me a bit.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Agreed
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

for ARC you just need a flagged toon and get the raid can zone in to get that single ach.