Unknown error occured

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shotznow, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Shotznow New Member

So my client crashed shortly after popping a xp pot, and now when I try to log into any server it gives the error "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server".

Any help on understanding what the issue is? I have rebooted everything and the rest of my internet and other games are working fine, just having an issue with EQ.

Thanks
  2. jeromas New Member

I'm having the same issue on two different machines, both running Windows 10. On the occasion that I can get into the game, the game freezes when I try to zone. Restarts, validating the game files...nothing is working. Don't think it's on our end.
  3. Charleene New Member

Yep, I was in the GL when I got booted to Char Select. Tried to log back in and it disconnected me. Now I have a hard time getting the launcher to start up properly, but when I am able to get to Server Select it gives me the Unknown Error message too. The chat isnt working either (Ive been gone a long time, just came back recently, so not sure if thats new or not). Hubby is having the same problem on his computer.

Edit: I was able to get in (and chat is working, though no one in there lol) after about 15 mins
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Tried resetting the UI? It may seem a little counter intuitive but on rare occasions EQ will have an issue with my UI although it generally affects just one character and not all the toons on an account.