Universal Chat Server issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Mikestab Elder

The UCS has been extra flaky lately. Drops repetitively. The only way to reconnect is to either zone or camp (or is there other ways?), which can be very problematic if you are on raids where various logistical groups depends on them. Is this something that is being actively worked on?
  2. Cone head Augur

I run 4 accounts. One thing I have seen is it will be good on the system I log the single account into but not working on the sysem I run 3 other acconuts on.

I log out each toon in turn and relog and the chat and mail seam to come back for a while.

For me it looks to be client side.
  3. Tegila Augur

i've had this a lot lately as well but ive also had to reset my router constantly for 2-3 hour periods, and thats when i lose chat (and mail UGH!) never realized our mailbox was linked to the universal chat til the last few days when i see i have mail and i go to open the mail, usually with an application in it i need to post, and find that i cant open it because i havent zoned since last time i reset my router. can we please do something with this aspect at least? and/or put in a button to reconenct to chat WITHOUT camping/zoning? jstu a command to reconnect or a button in options we can hit twice (like thevoice chat service has a disable/enable, make one for chat so when universal chat goes down we can hit disable then enable to get it back up and running)
    Giddemore likes this.
  4. Giddemore Lorekeeper

This is pretty chronic. It happens constantly. Is there or can there be a command to reconnect to the chat server without logging or zoning?
    Rasputyn likes this.
  5. Rasputyn Elder

Agreed, this has been really bad lately. Any type of fix would be welcome.
  6. Shang Augur

It's bad, man.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

This has been much worse than usual when raiding on Bristle this week.
  8. Pyrotec New Member

been getting dropped on UCS on povar for a couple months now. about 5min of staying up then they drop till i zone and it just repeats that process
  9. savrin Augur

This is very old stuff and if they really wanted to fix this, they probably would have done it by now.
    Probably 4+ years old and no fix in all that time.
  10. Tegila Augur

this has been bad for hte last month or so, i never had hte problem more than once a month or so before that
  11. Darktower Elder

Agreed.

My chat service goes down almost hourly. If I log on and play a 4-5 hour session, it'll probably go down 2-3 times like clockwork.
  12. Mintalie Augur

This used to be a rare problem. Recently it has been multiple times per day. Something is broken.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From my SOE Live 2012 - After Action Report:
  14. savrin Augur

I'm pretty sure this issue has existed as soon as they created all the general channels, class channels, and expansion channels.

It comes and goes for me. A few years ago I would get lose channels constantly. Nowadays, I never lose them. It has been around long enough that they must know about it. Unless they don't read their /bugs and /feedbacks.
  15. yaddab Augur

I agree that recently the service is up and down like a yo yo

Just noticed, tonight, that general chat seems to be capped again - but at 400 this time rather than the 300. Not sure when this happened I don't often raise my head there - maybe it is not that high and there is some other weirdness going on
  16. Insaneo Journeyman

Indeed. Has there been no official comment by Sony? This is inexcusable in my mind.

I almost wish they would take them down permantely until fixed. That way, my raid leaders can officialy move to ooc, shout, etc and I can stop dealing with this annoyance.
  17. Elricvonclief Augur

Dropped tonight for us, then came back.
  18. Shang Augur

Last time the UCS went poopy, as well as the servers lagged out, was when DCUO launched.

What game is launching soon?