Unity HA torn pages...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Mar 17, 2021.

1. CazRa New Member

Guess I have been lucky, only 7 pages and no doubles so far.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To confirm you have looted a two of the same page in a single instance?
    Warpeace and Fenthen like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I give them a lot of credit for making all the pages appear in a single mission, they could have made it totally random and force multiple full clears. With mobs being bugged/stuck under the world and placed behind closed doors, it would be splendid to make it so the pages all drop before there's about 15 mobs or so left in the zone, if that's possible. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sissruukk like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, page #7.
  5. Traxen Lorekeeper

They are also farming the Copper Flecked aug. I need 4 more myself.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

The camp fires are great. With a little imagination it sorta looks like one of those great roman era army camp scenes as you come over the tiny hill.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  7. Dropfast Augur

They most certainly do not all always drop in one instance which is super dumb. I did a 100% clear tonight (except for the 3 mobs in the back raid rooms you can not get to) and still was missing page. Not only that, I did half clear yesterday night then had to log out to take care of some RL stuff. So it was actually 1 and half clears and was still missing a page. Please fix this crap. Maybe the last one was on the last 3 mobs you can't get to but I doubt it. Those mobs need to be removed or un-block the way.

Also remove the razorfins while your at it, they love to bug out and become un-reachable in certain spots. It's just another way to also get screwed and not get all the pages. Their is always one in the first hall heading down from the top. The drop rate is Def crap as well as others have stated >< Not saying it should be easy but really? I killed about almost 300 mobs in 1 and half clears and still didn't get all the pages... not cool dawg!
    Elyssanda and Benito like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yeah. They need to make sure the zone drops 2 sets of pages. I suspect the razorfins and Commanders can bug out the page drops.
  9. Zamiam Augur

why would they need to make sure the zone drops 2 sets of pages ? it only takes 1 set and the whole group gets the feather .. I think its working as intended .. if it takes 1 possibly 2 clears to get a full set of pages for a nice lil clicky every 10min .. especially when peeps can get it done within 2 hours , sure some group makeups with low dps might take 3 or 4 hours .. also I hear you can get 24 coins also the chance for a nice 70ac aug 900+ H/M/E with a named spawn ..
    I think its working just fine ..

and I haven't even done the mission yet .. and im sure it will prolly take me 2 runs to get my feather as my group is low dps .. also im expecting it to take me roughly 3 to 4 hours each run ..
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you actually did the mission, you'd recognize two possible issues:
    • One or two commanders become un-attackable. In theory, if they spawn with a page, that page becomes unreachable.
    • Razorfin (fishes) can disappear due to zone geometry (i.e. end up below the world). In theory, if they spawn with a page, that page becomes unreachable.
    Two sets of pages could help account for the aforementioned issues. I honestly don't care if someone suggests an alternative fix, however.

I highly suggest running the mission before commenting in this thread.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Raccoo like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is no need to have two sets of pages from the mission, they just need to fix it so that you can get a complete set every time. The goal with having to collect 7 pages is to make sure there is some work put into collecting them not that you can farm the pages once and then proceed to rapidly complete it for a second group.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They likely won't be able to fix the razorfins or un-attackable commanders easily. Removing the razorfins can help. Allowing the false commanders to die can account for all of the pages but it might bug the mission. I've suggested two sets as a creative fix (which might be less resource intensive). To be clear, I am not personally attached to the outcome.

Edit: People are grinding the mission for the aug and coins. Making the feather a little more certain to attain (in 1-2 runs) won't affect the mission's popularity.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You do not need to kill the commanders. In fact I think your not supposed to if you pay attention to what they say which is to stop attacking them and go fight someone else.

I originally thought it was bugged also but now I have had no problem with all 3 commanders going immune at 20%.

In fact I have not killed one commander in 8 runs so far. At 20% I just spam "tell me your leader"

Have gotten the final step to kill Axtiq every time (except for the first 2 times and those were hot messes)

I have only gotten a full set of pages 1 time. But I wasn't focusing on that part. I hold the pages I have already gotten and when enough saved up I will do another turn in.

I have only gotten the named, a burly gnoll, one time and he dropped the caster version.

If you know the path to the 3 commanders then I am only seeing one razor fin that could argo us at the same place each time I have done it. He did one time and I had to zone to clear it. Never did kill him. You do not have to go thru the water to get to the commanders therefore you can avoid the razorfins.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am hypothesizing that the un-attackable commanders could, in theory, hold pages (if they happen to share the loot table).

More than my suggestion of two sets of pages, I'd love to be able to fully kill the commanders. I am a bit lazy to typing 'me' or 'true leader.' I just want to slash-and-burn (but invis) to the end.

I've ran the mission about 16 times and got the tank/shield aug on my only 'very burly gnoll' spawn.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

The 2nd commander always reagros on me, and iirc doesnt update until dead. May be my faction, but really half the EQ population probably has the faction problem. Anyone that played during SoD and killed in BB.
  16. Zamiam Augur

well Ive ran the mission part way thru .. I knew I would only be able to play for an hour or 2 so knew I would not be able to finish .. so I went and killed most the gnolls from entrance and a few down the first ramp got 3 pages .. ran around and found where the commanders spawn but didnt kill them just wanted to get a feel for the place .. quit mission and will go back for my 2nd run for the rest of the pages hopefully and the commander kills ..
    it would be nice if all the pages dropped on 1 go thru , however it would of taken me 3 hours possibly 4 to kill every mob in there and I just cant sit for that long and box for that long .. so I knew it would take me 2 or 3 go thru's before i got the feather.. and I'm fine with that..
    those of you who can sit for 5+ hours and clear the whole zone more power to ya ..
    my box'd group is 114 warrior , 113 ench, 109 mage, 115 ranger , 1 healer merc , 1 dps merc .. my warrior is only in T1 ToV group gear and ranger is T3 ToV group gear. ench has T1 snowbound and mage is still in conflag gear..
    my warrior can handle 5 mobs but thats pushing it with 1 healer merc .. most my dps comes from my ranger HSing :p

btw pages are already in baz .. selling for 100k each .. so seems pretty easy take 1 pass thru mission if you get 3 or 4 pages then just buy the rest :p
    Coagagin likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well BB was my second home. Both of them and now this one lol. I show scowling on faction for them. Perhaps you are overpowering them?

I hope they don't change it to where killing the commanders is required to advance.
  18. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

I respectfully disagree. I went in with a ranger. Took us a few hours but we killed EVERY thing in the zone and in the end we were missing a page 5. I do know there were a few gnolls in the square rooms we couldn't get to but if you mashed your face into the corner of the other room you could see them lying on the ground. It's possible one of those had a page on them but there was no way we could find to get to them to try to kill.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Well by faction problem I mean that when I click the link the first commander calls me slime and does not update the task. I have to type the text to get task update. But if you are scowling and the 1st commander's link does work for you then maybe its not faction but something else. But I cant think of anything else that could do it.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

When the Commander prompts you for [stupid gnoll] just reply "me".