Unintentional nerfing of SHM Malo AA (to developers)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Braikkarrii, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

While I appreciate the effort to try to improve and consolidate some aspects in the game in the latest patch, the change of behavior in the SHM Malosenete was not very well thought-out.

(observed problems)
    In terms of reliability, the old/pre-patch version of the AA, although weaker than the spell book version of the Malo line, was extremely reliable. It would often land on the first cast, and is very rarely ever resisted. With the new "revamped" version (Malaise), it takes several casts for the debuff to land since it now casts the spell-book version of the Malosenia line of spells. This can make fights with high-dps/high-resist mobs more dangerous, as it now takes many casts of the Malo debuff for it to land. And without the ability to land a resist debuff, it makes it for other spells to land (ie, slow, dots, etc).

The old version of the AA also had a secondary disease debuff component. As of the latest 8/15 patch, this feature no longer seems to work. According to the description of the new/replacement AA, it should "trigger the highest rank of Putrescent Decay that you have scribed".

(proposed solutions)
    1. Reinstate the pre-8/15 patch version of the Malosenete AA.
    2. Greatly increase the resist check on the Malosenia line of resist debuff spells so that it lands more reliably.
    3. Fix the AA so that it also casts the disease resist debuff.
  2. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

/seconded

Also, it seems that Lupine Spirit doesn't actually cast the highest level spell you have; it only casts Bih'li until you reach level 90, then it will cast Tala'Tak, even though I've had Tala'Tak since 87.

(proposed solutions)
    1. Correct to allow Tala'Tak cast when player has spell.
    2. Change wording to reflect it seems to be highest level -1 tier.
    3. ???
  3. MiataDriver Augur

I have been getting the disease debuff with the new AA, but, the other part often resists now.