Unified Hand of Assurance or Emra?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Chibz, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Chibz Journeyman

Hello, forgive my possibly stupid question, but I couldn't find any answers in a search. I am looking at Unified Hand of Assurance and Unified Hand of Emra and can't figure out why they both exist. UHoA seems to add more HP and AC, but the Assurance buff blocks UHoE. If I cast UHoE first, then UHoA overwrites it. Is there a beneficial stacking issue with other priest buffs that I should be considering? Or am I missing something else? Thanks!
  2. Zenyan Journeyman

Emra will stack with Druid Skin. The majority of classes will use that combo.

Assurance doesn’t stack with Skin, so classes that have a self buff, like mages, clerics and paladins, will generally use this one instead.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Chibz Journeyman

Thanks!
  4. Gundolin Augur

For my personal use I generally prefer to self buff with assurance and shield as opposed to druid and skin, as I prefer the higher mana regen rate. I think most Clerics prefer to go with Symbol and druid skin though for the higher AC/HP, plus shaman & Beast buffs. At one point someone had put up the different total HP/AC and Mana regen you got from max stacking of each but I can't find it, and it was a few expansions out of date.

If anyone has an updated view it would be good to see.
  5. Zenyan Journeyman

Base for my points about mages, clerics and paladins. I'm sure there might be another class or two that use a self buff, but I'm having a brain fart at work. Does Beast regen buff have stacking issues with something? It's been awhile since I've looked this deep into spell numbers, so if I'm off or wrong let's just blame Scornfire, k? K. These are all rank3 values taken from Alla, ps.

Symbol: 9756 hps / 443 AC
    Skin: 7002 hps / 304 AC / 69 Mana Regen / 8 Endurance Regen
    Focus: 5809 hps / 397 Str (increase cap by) / 397 Dex (increase cap by)

Total = 22,567 HP / 747 AC / 69 Mana Regen / 8 End Regen / 397 Str & Dex

Assurance: 13696 HP / 561 AC

(Cleric) Armor of the Merciful: 5202 HP / 304 AC / 95 Mana Regen

Total = 18,898 HP / 865 AC / 95 Mana Regen

(Mage) Burning Guardian: 369 AC / 64 Mana Regen / 72 HP Regen
    (Mage) Shield of Scales: 5861 HP / 431 AC / 158 MR
    (Mage) Burning Symbiosis: 69 Mana Regen

Total = 19, 557 HP / 1361 AC / 72 HP Regen / 133 Mana Regen / 158 MR

(Paladin) Armor of Steadfast Faith: 3598 HP / 259 AC / 78 Mana Regen
    (Paladin) Ashbound Keeper: 13693 HP / 637 AC

Total;
    Assurance + Armor: 17,294 HP / 820 AC / 78 Mana Regen
    Ashbound + Armor: 17,291 HP / 896 AC / 78 Mana Regen

It is interesting that for a measly 3 hp, paladins gain 76 more AC using their own HP buff instead of Assurance. They may have more buffs they keep up on themselves, but I can't remember those right now.

Another point of interest; Mages - Skin overwrites Burning Guardian, so you'd gain 5 more Mana Regen with Symbol/Skin/Focus, but would lose out on the Hp Regen and Magic Resist and would see lower AC values.
    Ladene and Gundolin like this.
  6. Gundolin Augur

Great post thanks Zenyan. :) The Beast SE lines will stack with Assurance or Symbol. You may be thinking of their focus having stacking issues with Shaman focus?
  7. Durbah Lorekeeper

Cleric self buff gets overwritten by focus, and you can’t have Druid skin with it on either but it won’t overwrite the self buff, if that helps at all.