Info Needed Unholy Final task

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SoyAmado, Apr 29, 2020.

1. SoyAmado New Member

Necromacers unholy final task for the writ of the fallen bugged.

I've done all the unholy silk armor tasks. Wearing full unholy silk armor, Talorial D'Estalian only loops and I can't finish the final task. I finally found all three pages have them in inventory and he won't give me the book of bindings to create my writ.

Simera Necromancer of the 23rd season
  2. SoyAmado New Member

And I do mean all 4 pages 1-4
    lostclover likes this.
  3. Soullous New Member

I'm trying to finish this myself and all it does is loop. you would think by now these old bugs would have been fixed. I guess not
    lostclover likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

What Zone is the quest giver in?
    What is the NPC's name?
    What text are you saying? (the different things you tried)
    What are the actual item names of the items you have that you think are part of the turn-in?
    What is your level? (OP is 23? (ffrom signature))
    What is your class? (I expect Necromancer from OP's post, but who knows, you could be an SK trying a Necro thing! (probably not!))
    And just in case (very rare that it matters for old quests) what is your race?
    lostclover likes this.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

I'm not OP but...

All unholy armor is worn.
    NPC repeats the same phrase and the quest does not proceed.
    NPC won't give me a "Ancient Book Binding".

You say, 'what task'
    Talorial D`Estalian says, 'If you are willing to [gather some items] that are needed for specific halfling hides I can offer you with the resources necessary to fashion your own armor.'
    You say, 'gather some items'
    Talorial D`Estalian says, 'Excellent, Corya. Please take this Old Enchanted Tailors Kit. It contains magical power that is able to fashion specific components into a magical version of whatever the core material is. If you are a Necromancer you will need to gather halfling hides that have been infused with many different elements that you will collect and combine in this box. Simply tell me what pattern you [want] and I will present you with the recipe necessary for [gloves], [robe], [trousers], [sleeves], [skullcap], [bracers] and [sandals]. I would recommend you fashion your Robe last due to the difficulty and complex nature that is involved with finding the items necessary.'
    Duplicate Lore Items are not allowed.
    You say, 'I want the Robe pattern'
    Talorial D`Estalian says, 'Your Unholy Silk Gown is your most important and symbolic item you that will be able to craft on your own. I would recommend that you have already gone through the steps of crafting your other pieces before your Gown. If you think that you are ready you will need to collect 4 Halfling Hides, 1 Black Wolf Pelt, 2 Embalming Dusts, 1 Halfling Toe, 1 Bear Meat and 1 Fish Wine. Combine all of these in your box to create the Infused hide then use this Robe pattern along with your Infused hide on the nearest loom to reap the rewards of your hard work. Please come back after you have fashioned your robe. I may have a [final test] for you.'
    You say, 'final test'
    Talorial D`Estalian says, 'The final test that I require one to complete before I am content with them being knowledgable in the early ways of Necromancy is one that will test your determination. Are you ready to be tested?'
    You say, 'I am ready to be tested'
    Talorial D`Estalian says, 'The final test that I require one to complete before I am content with them being knowledgable in the early ways of Necromancy is one that will test your determination. Are you ready to be tested?'
    You say, 'I am ready to be tested'
    (Endless repeat)
    lostclover likes this.
  6. lostclover New Member

This is in Neriak Third Gate, in the dark elf necromancer guild.

Item that Talorial D'Estalian needs to give you is the Ancient Book Binding. First you say [Final Test] and he asks if you are ready to be tested. When you respond "I am ready to be tested" he repeats the response from Final Test.

Level 17 Dark Elf Necromancer attempting this on Agnarr.
  7. Dalamyre Journeyman

This is not working on Mischief server either as of 2/22/2022 he will not give you the quest item to combine the pages.
  8. Forcallen Augur

1. The quest giver is in Neriak Third Gate
    2. The NPC's name is Talorial D`Estalian
    3. The final text listed as correct on a few EQ sites is "I am ready to be tested". After which he is supposed to provide the 4 slot container Ancient Book Binding. In response to the prompt Are you ready to be tested? I also tried "Yes", "I am", "I am, test me", "I am ready", "Test me", "Test my determination", "I am ready for you to test my determination", I am ready to test my determination". Some or most of these result in him simply looping back to ask if I am ready to be be tested over and over instead of providing the item and advancing his text.
    4. The item he is supposed to provide from the text "I am ready to be tested" is Ancient Book Binding. This is a 4 slot container used to combine the 4 quested items Tome Insert 1, Tome Insert 2, Tome Insert 3, Tome Insert 4. Once combined in the Ancient Book Binding this should create the item Writ of the Fallen.
    5. 120 but I have tried this with a level 6 necromancer as well.
    6. Necromancer (the 120 and 6)
    7. Dark Elf (the 120 and the 6).
  9. Shamewow New Member

any news?
  10. Shamewow New Member

Still not working
  11. Shamewow New Member

12. Shamewow New Member

still not working