Unfortunate News... The EQ Hamsters have died

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Draego, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Draego Augur

Well the title about says it all..............

I guess we can be (grumbling) grateful were even getting update notices.

Seems like the latest set of micro patches that have been made created quite a few problems.....get ready to see the "We will have EQ back up and running within the next xx hours/days/weeks..... oops never" message.

OK so that's just what it feels like when were waiting, lets just hope they can get the gerbils trained quickly, cause the guinea pigs can't even fit into the hamster wheels.
    Dardo, Ivvie and rpoole like this.
  2. D'Vinn New Member

fixit fixit fixit fixit fixit.................fixit fixit fixt
  3. Catarina Kerr New Member

If I start doing something else, they will fix it. If I sit here and wait, the servers will be down all day.
    Going to do something else! ;)
    Dardo likes this.
  4. trey6o New Member

Cat I've been saying that same thing for the last 3 hours....I've got a lot done but now I want to be lazy and play EQ please
    Catarina Kerr likes this.
  5. rpoole New Member

Same here, tired of kind of working... Want to play..
    Catarina Kerr likes this.
  6. Dardo Journeyman

Well this just made my Wednesday at work that much more painful .... ;)
    Draego likes this.
  7. Kendo New Member

thats what i was thinking Dardo. i had an easy day lined up for work today. 8 hours of EQ....
    Dardo likes this.
  8. Namde Augur

You play at work too?
  9. Draego Augur

ROFLMAO

Now all we need is a "Da** It Jim, I'm a Doctor not a ______" video link.

Tried finding one myself but had no luck in the search results.

EDIT: OK this works a bit for making the point ..... LOL
    Ivvie, Catarina Kerr and Dardo like this.
  10. Brumans Augur

Guys, it's only been 17 years, give them some time to get used to the patch process so they can accurately estimate it, okay?
  11. Dardo Journeyman

Step aside and stop trying to KS my hamster! I have been camping that thing since 1999 and I desurve respekt. On an unrelated note,
    TRAIN!! GERBILS, HAMSTERS AND SOCK-WEASELS (FERRETS) INC TO ZONE!!!
    And FD ..... get up slowly n walk away ...
    Ivvie, Catarina Kerr and Draego like this.
  12. notabard New Member

Whats the reason for the delay?
  13. Moak The Most High

This is getting ridiculous- last message was it would be another hour- that message was sent out going on three hours ago and no updates
  14. Dardo Journeyman

Patches we dont need no stinking patches. Sorry that had to be said at some point in this thread as it has in every thread during a patch. What I do not understand is why, back in 1999 using a dial up modem the patch downtime was the same or in many cases shorter than they are today?
    Draego, Ivvie and Catarina Kerr like this.
  15. Firedog New Member

Now now....give them a break. It takes time to properly mess things up. Be patient.
    Ivvie likes this.
  16. rpoole New Member

Did they not try to patch a test server first?
  17. Draego Augur

Yes this is true.........but I just want them to stop using piles of horse dung to make that mess.............

I mean IF their programmers cant get it done, then maybe they need to start looking at hiring freelancers......Fyrecaster comes to mind........ to clean crap up and get the game running again.....

EDIT:
    Sorry ..... programmers is giving credit where it obviously isn't due....... I meant to say code monkeys
  18. Firedog New Member

Patches come normally once a month. There is a test server. Why does it seem that they can't find and fix the patch problems before they implement them? You know...make sure to feed the hamster before you put him on the wheel?
    Dardo likes this.
  19. Dardo Journeyman

Why yes I do. What is really funny is that I ONLY play at work. Them are the apples, not everyone is gonna like em, but I sure enjoy em.
  20. Draego Augur

abard........

JK :p
    Dardo likes this.