Unearthed Power - Vergalid Mines Hero's Journey Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lighteningrod, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Lighteningrod Augur

Has anyone been able to complete the quest Unearthed Power in Vergalid Mines?

The Power Source doesn't appear to be attackable. One can target it, and it spits out guards endlessly; however, without being able to damage the Power Source there is no way to complete the quest.
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

Just tried again. Same thing happened - the Power Source was unattackable before, during and after killing the guards. I just get the messages, "You can't hit that from here," or "cannot see your target" no matter where I am.

Tried lev, no lev. Shrink, no shrink. Pets, casting, melee. Nothing works. I filed another bug report.
  3. Qwestwic Augur

For whatever reason you cannot melee damage the power source, but I just did this quest several days ago and casting spells on it worked just fine.
  4. Lighteningrod Augur

Thank you for the confirmation it works! Where did you stand to get line of sight on it to cast? I tried lev'ing onto the pillar as posted in Allaz to no avail.
  5. Atvar Augur

I think when I did it I was on the ground about level with it. I'd say just move around and keep trying to find LoS. G'luck.
  6. Lighteningrod Augur

Well, the Power Source is definitely not able to be cast upon on the Vox Server with a Human or Barbarian sized toon shrunk, unshrunk, with or without levitation. Maybe someone failed the task or bugged it in some manner.
  7. Qwestwic Augur

Hmm, that's really odd. Vox is a standard ruleset server so I'm not sure why it would be any different than Xegony. The melee I was with could not hit the Power Source, but I ran up and was able to nuke it easily from ground level. I'd say to test several spells on it and see if you can get something to work.
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

Oh, I don't think it has anything to do with the ruleset on Vox, rather Vox just happens to be a server with a bugged event at the moment.

I tried fire, disease, poison, and magic as well as pets from Bard, Cleric, Druid, Shaman and SK.
  9. Lighteningrod Augur

Well, problem solved, although it's a stupid problem and needs looked at when time permits (lol) since this is part of the Hero's Journey.

Cycle nearest target will target the Power Source Orb, however, one gets a null target bar with 100% health and no mob name which is unable to be attack with pets, melee, or spells from any location.

In order to target the Power Source and be able to damage it to complete the quest, one has to mouse click target the orb so the name "unearthed orb" appears in the target window. Only at that point is it able to be damaged.