Unearthed Bonesnapper Beast untargettable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Udayan, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Udayan New Member

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Mon Oct 03 16:20:35 2022

Character: Level 75 Necromancer (Main)
    Zone: Vergalid Mines

Description: Quest: Bile from Below

Step: Loot 1 Saliva Covered Hardened Metal Alloy

Zone: Vergalid Mines

After the turtle eats the metal, he never becomes targettable and eventually just despawns. Currently unable to complete this quest. Ive tried twice now with the same results both times.

... also, the mob is called Unearthed Bonesnapper Beast, but the step titled "Move to safety and watch" describes the mob as unearthed bonebreaker beast.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Did you check the comments?
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4610#m1648074116187292

1) run to the loc in the first step and you get the update
    2) Move to safety and watch

For this step, I waited a good bit, no spawn. I ran back to the mushrooms at -448, -964 and I got the message "You hear the steps of a large beast ...." and I saw the spawn and got the update

3) Check for the hardened metal-alloy

I waited a good bit again, then I ran back to the mushrooms at the above loc and got the update

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4610#m15619288624239965

Step 3 in Bile From Below, where you check for the metal -- you need to step over the spot where you placed the chunk of metal and where the turtle ate it, to update this step.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4610#m135128583357166083

I finally got my quest to undate today for the plant the hardened metal-alloy. Once you do get the update, do not move far, just stay close by to the place you got the update because you will need that spot once more.

Next step you move to safety and watch. the beast will walk by and then stop near the area you got the update for placing the metal. Once that you that update it wants you to check for the hardened metal alloy. You now need to run over the same spot you did previously to get the update for the first step. Once you get that update the beast becomes targetable and you can kill it. If you just wait like the quest instructions above suggest, the beast will despawn.
  3. Udayan New Member

Yeah. It eats the metal and walks away. I get the update and the quest says to search for it. I go to the spot I "placed" it, and I get the update. Then it says to get the allow back, but the turtle never becomes targetable.
  4. Forum_Quester New Member

5. Udayan New Member

Literally buggy as hell.... Those comments helped though. Turtle despawns. I had to levant and run back, and when standing on the spot where I "planted" the ore again, he respawned and was engageable.
    Please fix this, whether throught he quest lore/steps, saying something about returning to fight the beast, or the mechanics by making him engageable when the quest says to kill the mob.