Understanding behind some t2 zones in rof

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maxflo, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Maxflo New Member

Ok, i may be a "wow" child since i spent years playing that game for many years and i got used to easymode but what on earth is going on with some t2 zones in rof like chapterhouse or breeding grounds? What i mean by that is in t1 zones you have tons of "defined" camping spots where your group can sit and pull without the risk of adds spawning on top of you where in those 2 zones mentioned there are almost no spots where you can safely pull from without something respawning next or on top of you. I just don't understand the developer's thinking behind this. Is this to make the game feel dangerous or something? I don't get it and probably never will, but this is more frustrating then anything else i've encountered since i started playing this game. Every named camp area should have at least i small area where you can pull to. Even voa t4 zones were much better at this then rof t2 is. /rant off.
    Icaen likes this.
  2. Falos Augur

Not gonna lie, Chapterhouse is pretty terrible. I basically went there from a surgical perspective: Completing the quests i needed, focusing on named ph's i needed to finish hunter, etc. Once finished never went back, the only good exp camps there are near the zone in, the majority of the zone goes to waste from a "farming" perspective.... even more horrible if you dont have a group that can double invis. For the record though I don't think this zone is worse than sepulcher.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Chapterhouse, being a homage to the original befallen, lives up pretty well to its predecessor in terms of mob placement/available safe spots to camp. Move camp as you kill so mobs dont repop on you or time the cycle so that you don't have mobs in camp when repops are due. There are MANY safe spots in the zone if you look for them where only 1 mob will patrol by but it IS an indoor zone and you will be cramped.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

There are plenty of zones where you can camp static spawns. I like that Chapterhouse is a dungeon crawl. I do kinda wish pathing/line-of-sight wasn't so buggy in there, but regardless, it keeps most people away so I can have my fun without feeling like I'm stepping on toes.

It's one of those zones that Monks, Bards, and Enchanters are more desired, and that's a good thing, no?
  5. Cicelee Augur

I do not believe there is a zone in EQ where a bard would not be welcomed...
  6. Enizen Elder

I think you are getting the gist of why these zones are the way they are. Chapterhouse in particualr is a favorite of mine because its so unforgiving. I enjoy a nice easy day like everyone else, but i also enjoy going to CH and just pushing it to see how fast we can kill, and how much we can keep down before a repop, or just forgetting a repop and letting the mezzer/2nd tank deal with it. BG is the same way, alot of time the tough stuff is far more fun.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. gcubed Augur

Yes, it is a bad thing. Unless there is a zone where Warriors are more desired, Wizards are more desired, rogues are more desired, etc.

Most people seem to forget just how people navigated the old dungeon crawls. It was back during the days of the Holy Trinity and at least a third of the content was simply bypassed with lulls. Now people use double invis and even more content is bypassed. If people want an old fashioned dungeon crawl as they remember them (not as they acutally were, but as they are remembered), then SOE will have to create a zone where double invis and mezz won't work.

As for the lack of safe camps. Well, it is not a real problem unless you are wearing defiant gear or don't have many AA's.
  8. Noobieguy Augur

There are a few places on those zones that are "safe", but they are indeed more dangerous than some of the other zones. These zones are definitely doable if you can do the other T2 zones, BUT takes being more careful with where you set up, how you pull, and keeping track of the respawn timer. Doubt you will find a safe spot for every named in those zones, but I am sure you can find a safe spot somewhat near where you want to go.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

RoF became very boxer unfriendly. ;)
  10. gcubed Augur

Actually, VoA is when the game started becoming boxer and merc unfriendly.

Both VoA and RoF are fairly unfriendly to your standard tank and spank group even if said group is comprised of six real players.
  11. Hatsee Augur

Chapterhouse was terrible and whoever made it shouldn't be allowed access to both see invis and undead mobs at the same time while creating a zone, I'm not sure how they can get the system to lock them out but they can't handle that kind of power.

Breeding grounds is a joke though, do you run through there like you're a freight train? Stick to the walls and move around, you literally can't run into trouble if you do that.
    Icaen likes this.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Issue people have are the random "egg cracking" emotes where trash mobs that don't see invis swarm you after you walk near an egg (or sometimes not near one thats visible) and it breaks. That's all I can think of anyway, only issue I've had in that zone with invis.
  13. Xequecal Journeyman

Half of Breeding Grounds isn't accessible without access to a fade/FD and some luck though, there's no way to get through the Chetari tunnels without passing through at least one room with a dracolich and rats.

You could actually move around most of Chapterhouse with IvU if it wasn't for Sir Graxton Talondrake and his huge aggro radius in the undead area.
  14. Tobynn Augur

Incorrect. No need to walk through a dracolich room.
    Enizen and Tegila like this.
  15. Talif Augur

There is 100% a safe path through the Chetari tunnels, it's even posted on EQResource, that's where I got it. And doesn't every class have Fade or FD now, anyway?
  16. Riou EQResource

Candydare likes this.
  17. iniari-TR Augur

generally the dev's don't like "defined" safe camp spots. they try sometimes for zones that encourage groups to keep moving - such as some of the underfoot zones.

I like the difficulty of the zones now, and will enjoy re-rounding on them when im stronger.
  18. CaptAmazing Augur

Judging by the new Test patch notes, they are making Chapterhouse easier to move and camp in. What really annoys me is they haven't done anything to Gp2, EW2, CH2 and Tree2. These are extremely OP for the group game.

Yet, last patch they toned down some raids. Yet, I've seen posts by a raider not being able to go in and knock them out with ease. But, they expect us to get these done?
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

Man, all you do is whine.
    The gear in T2 zones is required 98 / rec 100 - I'm sure a group of 98-100 has no problems moving through / clearing trash mobs in these zones.
    Obiziana likes this.
  20. CaptAmazing Augur

Yeah maybe I've been harping about the missions a little to much. But, this was just me pointing out what Test patch notes said. I had no trouble moving in CH before 98.

In fact I don't think this was that greatly needed compared to the missions. Which, again, I admit I've been on a crusade about.