Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. juggalo New Member

sure does seem like servers crashing have become quite regular lately. specifically rathe. especialy when it is prime raiding time. it is getting out of hand. should be prorated for all this down time we pay for
  2. Zurd Lorekeeper

Maybe SOE could turn chat into a Norrath MUD...I know, a bit oldschool, but at least it would give people something to do.

You see a Holy Avenger!
    /pick up holy avenger
    /equip holy avenger...
    /attack server bug!
  3. Cordilya Elder

lol! blast from the past
  4. Jezzie Augur

Vox doesn't show to be down. My guild is raiding without a problem, however I can't get to character screen for Vox. I can however to to char select for Vulak but I'd rather watch grass grow than play on that server so goodnight eq. See you all tomorrow
  5. Jondalar Augur

and by can i mean can't! :)
  6. Benzarden Augur

Same. I try to login to a server that shows up and get disconnected. Two nights in a row that I can't play a game that I'm paying for.

One more reason why weekly content updates is a bad idea.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

I suggested this very thing this morning, likely well before anyone at the office there got to work.
    This is like basic I.T. protocall in the service oriented IT world.
    If you make a change with unintended results, resulting in interrupted or diminished service - you reverse it ASAP. Then you investigate the details - while your customers continue to use the service without further unneeded interruption.
    I'm not really sure what's going on here, but it's wreaking havoc with the evenings planned events.
    -Rat
    sula and goladith like this.
  8. Vengense New Member

boo the game is down again. Hope they fix it tonight!
  9. sula Augur

nope- not resolved. the only server up is bertox and when i tried to get on i got disconnected again
  10. complexication Kassina

/yawn

Funny how they tell us to patch the client a mere minute before the entire serverbase went to hell.

What'd make it better is if an official actually made a comment about this, rather than logging in to find Vox, Bertoxx and Trak being the only servers even up.

Doesn't even have to be in depth, just a notice that y'all know the game has gone to bumf-ck egypt and that you're looking into it. :|
  11. sula Augur

ctrl+alt+delete, bring up task manager, right-click on program, and close from there.
  12. sula Augur

all three of our machines now have this problem where only one had a problem before
  13. sula Augur

not resolved
  14. Jezzie Augur

was Alt+Enter to toggle full screen, wasn't anything to do with problem though, vox just went down
  15. DedosMM New Member

That is from the forum main page and
    is from the twitter feed on the side of the main page.
  16. complexication Kassina

And when I posted that, there hadn't been any word about this - an hour into downtime.
    But thank you for pointing it out.
  17. sula Augur

read the eula. they aren't responsible for emergencies or downtimes
  18. sula Augur

all servers locked
  19. sula Augur

not a weekly content. they stated earlier that this was a mandated security update.
  20. sula Augur

they did- more than once:

and

and you might want to watch the soe post tracker at the top of the page- it tracks posts from soe people concerning things in the forums.