Unable to repeat Tudor's tasks in Mesa - unable to earn 2 brewing recipes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mukkul, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Mukkul Augur

Tudor, a satyr in Goru`kar Mesa, gives 4 tasks.

Tudor's Ale
    Tudor's Beer
    Tudor's Spirits
    Tudor's Wine

Unless you've done them before, in which case he refuses to let you have them:

Tudor says, 'Liviu over there will make mesh more drinksh. I jesh need you to go get [supplies]'
    You say, 'supplies'
    Sorry _____, I don't have anything for someone with your abilities.

So apparently these 4 tasks are not repeatable. Why not?

At the end of the task Tudor's Beer:
    Tudor says, 'Thish ish shum good beer. Yoush can always get more for me ish you want.

Which implies the task should be repeatable. But it isn't.

This brings us to the fact that there are 4 brewing recipes that can be learned by doing these 4 tasks. (Learning recipes is how you reach 350 skill in a tradeskill.)

87001 Liviu's Dark Stout
    87002 Liviu's Finest Brew
    87003 Tudor's Aged Merlot
    87004 Tudor's Stormwater Whiskey

Only 2 of the recipes can be learned outside the task. The other 2 recipes require ingredients that can only be obtained while the task is active due to script mechanics. As a result, if you've previously done these tasks but at that time you used the NPC to do the tradeskill combines because your skill was low, it's impossible to learn the following two brewing recipes:

87001 Liviu's Dark Stout

Possible ways to fix this problem:

* Change Tudor's 4 brewing tasks to be repeatable.

* and/or, change the ingredients of 2 of the tasks -- Tudor's Beer (Fresh Mesa Streamwater, Indigenous Mesa Yeast) and Tudor's Spirits (Goru'kar Oakwood Barrel, Flask of Mesa Stormwater) -- to be obtainable without having the task active. Make them ground spawns or something.

* and/or, change the 4 brewing recipes to be known innately in your brewing recipe list instead of requiring you to learn them.

* and/or, considering that the 4 recipes produce items that are tagged Quest and No Trade, make these 4 brewing recipes not count toward 350 Brewing.

And there are other bugs with these 4 tasks. For example, Tudor telling you that Liviu will accept the ingredients for every quest instead of you having to use tradeskills. However some of the quests involve Nicoli instead of Liviu. Also, apparently the item Liviu's Finest Brew had its name changed to Nicoli's Finest Brew, but it's still listed as Liviu's Finest Brew in a player's brewing recipe list. It's a bit of a mess.
    Rondor likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You are sure you have not done all 4 tasks on that character before? What is your level? ZAM isn't always accurate but its indicating min level 45. What is your current brewing skill? Maybe theres a min skill check. What is your faction vs Tudor? Maybe theres a min faction check. Usually (in general if standard design) once you are locked out of a non-repeatable task they will say something along the lines of thanks for helping, where "I dont have anything for someone with your abilities" would mean you are missing one of the requirements.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Make sure you do not have any of the items used in the quest. I'm pretty sure I was able to drop and reget this quest on an alt previously.
  4. Mukkul Augur

Yes you can restart the quest. The problem is you cannot repeat the quest after you've done it once. And if you can't get the quest, you can't acquire the ingredients necessary to craft the item. And if you can't craft the item, you can never add the recipe to your list of learned brewing recipes.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm pretty sure these recipes aren't learnable anyway and don't count towards the number of recipes learned.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

They do count. As the OP called out as well...

87001 Liviu's Dark Stout
    87002 Liviu's Finest Brew
    87003 Tudor's Aged Merlot