Unable to make petitions (drop-down issue)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Uxtalzon, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

When making a new petition, it tells you to choose which game, and the issue. When I click on the bar, the drop-down menu shows, but I can't click on anything. Instead there's the typing cursor on the left and moving the mouse cursor over them gives no result to click or (if choosing which game, why do we need to do that? C'mon!) selects the bar underneath like which server or character. The drop-down shows, and I can scroll, but can't select anything basically. This is relatively new.

Anyone have this problem besides me? :(
  2. TSR-SeanF Augur

Where exactly are you trying to submit a support ticket? If you are using the SOE website please ensure that you have Java fully up to date on your system in order to ensure that the site is working properly. If your problems persist you may want to try submitting your petition using a different web browser.
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Using the /petition command in-game which sort of pops a window up inside the game? If that uses my default browser then the problem is because FireFox and EQ don't like each other on this computer, but it's been like that for years. Java is up to date. This only began happening maybe a few days ago.

I switched default browsers but still having trouble. You can see my typing cursor blinking through the drop-down menu for the game selection (I can only select between the typing spaces, so I pick a random game which moves the list, and keep tootie-footing until EQ is clickable). The Category drop-down only lets me select from the first three issues (doing the same with Game selection to get the right thing).

Going to switch browsers to something else, restart, close windows, etc. and see if anything is just conflicting.

[IMG]
  4. Tobynn Augur

Using the in-game wannabe browser is problematic. It is not using your default browser, that /petition interface is a browser. Among other issues, I have frequently experienced the pulldown menus do not function properly. Just access the support website directly from within whatever browser you prefer and the pulldown menus will work just fine.

At https://help.soe.com/ you will find the same frame containing the Knowledge Base / Support Ticket / Service History tabs.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

Yup, you nailed it, Tobynn. The in-game petitioning is the only instance it doesn't work for me. Used three different browsers and each worked just fine when accessing a new ticket thingie. In-game, just not working right. I'll just avoid /petition from now on and just use a browser. Thanks!
  6. Elizabeta Augur

We ran into the same problem last night. Under category you needed to click the triangle to open a new sublist, yet no matter what we tried the list would not appear. Closing the petition window and redoing it worked, although the written essay of the problem could not be cut/pasted. /sigh
  7. TSR-AlexS Augur

Hm, I'll look into this. In the meantime, please continue to use the website to submit in a support ticket.
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

I was unable to use the ingame petition as well tonight. Pulldown menus wouldn't let you click on them.
  9. Kelefane Augur

The in game petition system is a mess and its not user friendly at all. Its like pulling teeth trying to operate it at times.
  10. Smallpox Augur

While they are at it... make the in-game browser, an actual browser. It would be nice to look something up without having to alt-tab out......
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

Well, glad it isn't just me (paranoid? NO! HAHA!), but feels bad man that it's that way for everyone. But, thanks for looking into it, mister conqueror of the ancient world Alexander S.!