Unable to load game from launcher

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sororf, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Sororf New Member

I'm a returning player looking to play on coirnav and just recently redownloaded the game. After getting everything installed and firing up the launcher, when I click play it appears to be loading for a short time and then just quits and prompts me to press play again.

Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks.
  2. Talline New Member

Having the same problem this morning.
  3. S33k3r Augur

When you click on play does the EQ window pop-up and then disappear ?

Could your AV / Firewall be blocking eqgame.exe ?

Have you tried running as administrator ?

Have you tried to bypass launcher using the patchme option ?

Could also have a look at logs in the LaunchPad.libs\Logs directory but can be hard to find anythign useful in those.
  4. Talline New Member

5. Sororf New Member

6. S33k3r Augur

I would not be surprised if it was not due to Win10 update. The last few have resulted in me having to remove/install GeForce drivers and in one case I had to reinstall windows as the upgrade messed it up completely.

Corwyhn did a really nice guide on launchpad problems @ https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/error-code-4-503.230066/ (you can probably skip the ones about resetting internet/router as launchpad is connecting)

If that post does not help then you will have to petition :(
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps the windows update over wrote the Direct x 9c that eq needs and updated it to the latest Direct X. I know there were a lot of posts about that when win 10 first came out. Worth a shot - downloading a separate copy of 9C. That is graphic related.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Or perhaps the DX9c files were never there to begin with.
  9. Trakker New Member

S33k3r likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is really good to know for future problems - thanks!
  11. Sororf New Member

This worked for me, at least to the point where I log in now. Now my problem is that im typing in my user name and password and getting an error: string not found (103). My username and password should be the same as here?
  12. Sororf New Member

I got it working, thanks for all the help everyone!
    Trakker likes this.