Unable to convert Peculiar cloak

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cheralynn, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Cheralynn New Member

I have max leveled three peculiar items, cloak, ring, and ear. I tried converting my cloak to waist but I'm having issue. I was at the merchant (I didn't open merchant) and I un-equipped my cloak, removed all the adornments and then examined it which brought up a window asking if I would like to convert to a belt, and I selected that. Then it asked to confirm, I clicked that. Somehow, the cloak didn't convert to Cummerbund. I tried it 4x, didn't resolve the issue. I reached out to DB, and they return with: 1. Need to clear cache folder (eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini, EverQuest2.exe, eq2.ini 2. As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows: <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini <StationName>_characters.ini
    Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.
    I told them it's too complicated for me, am not computer savvy. Next thing they told me "It looks like you've already leveled this item up, which is why you're unable to convert it to the Cummerbund of Peculiar Allies. This is an intended feature of the game. I told them that several players have told me that they have leveled their cloak and had no problem converting. I'm at my end. I have 10 toon that needs converting their cloak. PLEASE, I need help.
  2. Grove Augur

Observation: This is forum for EverQuest, not EverQuest II. I do not know if that has an impact on what you want to do.
    Dythan likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.