Unable to connect......still.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mtbryant, Aug 25, 2015.

1. mtbryant New Member

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (
    4-0) So yeah launchapad was unable to connect 4-0 for like days now, suggested workarounds have neo effect.Not too happy, any updates on a fix for this yet?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

its your computer, probable thousand of users logged on to EQ last night as normal. Suggest you read some of the old posts here about what might be causing this issue on your computer. Good luck.
  3. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

That's not the case for mine CrazyLarth, the TSR I spoke to requested all this information from my comp and stated "Everything seems fine, it must be a third party blocking it." I have no idea what that means or what third party could possibly be blocking it. We went through everything we could. I play four accounts at once and my launcher won't even respond at this point.
  4. Augmentation New Member

Didn't play EQ since Wednesday, August 19th and logging in was okay then.

Just tried to log in three separate accounts on separate computers and the Launchpad slowly loads up but the username field is empty.. However, it will not accept any text = broken.

This same on two computers with windows 7 and one with Vista.

Something is wrong, my network and connection is working great atm..
  5. Derd Augur

Did you play after the patch? The patch on wed 19th removed the saved names and passwords. That doesn't help with the broken part for you not being able to enter text there but just wondered if this happened before or after downloading the 8/19 patch.
  6. mtbryant New Member

Hog Wash. It's not my computer , i've not changed a thing and have run EQ on it for 7 years, up until the latest patch which caused this issue. Perhaps I need to update something but if so, it's due to a change caused by the patch and nothing i did, downloaded, or changed, its due to DayBreaks patch. I'm not running in a circle trying to figure it out when it wasn't me who broke it, i expect DayBreak to identify what they broke and hotfix it. ,or provide us with specific steps ( that actually WORK) to correct the issue.
    Derek likes this.
  7. Tyrolias Journeyman

I'm with you.

I will say they've been somewhat responsive in the ticket I opened on Friday... even got a response on Saturday, so kudos - but there's been no official ID of the issue as of yet.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

It is definitely something with the last patch since I can start the launchpad and patch up using an old client. After the patch I can press play and it starts to launch, but then crashes out (believe it has to do with the fact the old one is from a Win7 system with a bunch of different settings compared to my XP machine). After it crashes out the launcher then hangs up again.
  9. Trox2010 Augur

Quick update; using a different client from my third computer, and then using the launcher bypass I am able to log into the game no problem to play. Until an fix is introduced guess this will work.
  10. mtbryant New Member

Are you actually able to get into the Game and play on any computer using Win XP? What I am getting told seems to indicate that if you still run WinXP you pretty much can't play EQ after the patch .I am not sure how to "use the launcher bypass" and basically at this point am so aggravated I don't much care if I play EQ again or not ,WinXP has run EQ fine for all these years and getting cut off with no advance notice or warning
    isn't making me feel too good ,I'd think if i knew I was about to put a patch in that would make Win XP ( or any other OS) system users unable to play as a result- I might have given some warning to my customers.
    Thats just me though.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Using XP here with no problems
  12. mtbryant New Member

Thanks for that info.There was some statements posted that since WinXP cant support TLS 1.1 or 1.2 then XP couldnt run via the LaunchPad, thanks for clarifying that some XP machines are still fine, eliminating that as the cause.Still can not log in, but at least one possible cause is ruled out.